Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 02:43 PM

22,836 posts, read 28,056,422 times

Advertisements

https://wgme.com/news/offbeat/camper...unfire-at-park

Quote:
Camper: Alleged Bigfoot sighting prompts gunfire at park
by The Associated Press
Wednesday, July 31st 2019

CAVE CITY, Ky. (AP) — Federal officials are investigating a report that a man fired a gunshot while camping at Mammoth Cave National Park, an incident that another camper says was prompted by an alleged sighting of Bigfoot.

Mammoth Cave said law enforcement rangers responded early Sunday to a report of a person with a firearm at one of the park's backcountry campsites.

Brad Ginn says he and his girlfriend were camping nearby and were awakened about 1 a.m. by a man with his son. The man said they were going to investigate strange noises he kept hearing. Ginn said he heard a gunshot minutes later and the man returned to say Bigfoot had emerged from the woods, so he fired.

Ginn said he and his girlfriend decided to leave and report the incident.

Park spokeswoman Molly Schroer says an investigation continues and the park is safe to visit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 05:12 PM

14,985 posts, read 23,758,508 times
Nothing good happens at 1AM when bigfoot emerges from the woods.
My guess is alcohol was involved.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:48 PM

6,905 posts, read 6,794,183 times
Let us hope no-one (no thing) was hurt too.

Old 08-01-2019, 11:03 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,896,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Nothing good happens at 1AM when bigfoot emerges from the woods.
"Fetch me my thirty-ought-six and another beer, Billy Bob - I think that one's still moving."

Old 08-01-2019, 11:18 AM

22,836 posts, read 28,056,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
My guess has less to do with alcohol and more with naughtiness. Note:

"Brad Ginn says he and his girlfriend were camping nearby and were awakened about 1 a.m. by a man with his son. The man said they were going to investigate strange noises he kept hearing. Ginn said he heard a gunshot minutes later and the man returned to say Bigfoot had emerged from the woods, so he fired."

So a guy and his girlfriend are "camping" in the woods (you know what that is a euphemism for), and they hear someone creeping around their camp. Guy goes out and surprises Mr. Peep N. Tom. Knowing he's busted, Tom claims he and his son were investigating "strange noises he kept hearing." Hm. I wonder what "strange noises" might have been coming from the tent. Anyway, trying to save himself from embarrassment, Mr. Tom goes off into the dark, sees Bigfoot, fires a shot, then runs home.

I think it's pretty evident what was really going on.

Old 08-22-2019, 11:20 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,287,453 times
I knew someone who went on an Bigfoot expedition in Washington State and Oregon, taking all his camera equipment with him this was in the 1980s. I don't know if he ever found him or anything of significance. Bigfoot sightings were more common back then.

Old 08-23-2019, 12:27 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,421,006 times
I went on a fishing trip to Falls of the Rough, KY about 8 yrs ago, with an ex GFs brother, who I had became good friends with over the years, he lives in Falls of the Rough, I live in the northern part of KY, so myself, his dad and another friend went down there for a long weekend.

This area is VERY rural, and they do get alot of outsiders coming in specifically to look for Bigfoot, but they usually go about it the wrong way and leave with nothing!

I learned more about 'bigfoot' during an all night drinking session, than any other time, with people from this group, and a few of his neighbors, one old guy who had lived in the same house he was born in, he kept referring to it as 'skunk ape', he claimed to see them regularly in the area, but its not something they will open up about with outsiders that much.

They will talk about their experiences and what they know about it, but they will not take you to see one if you ask. I was really surprised the last night we were there before heading home, we spent the night drinking at the local Moose Lodge, and there was about 20-30 locals there, and when the topic came about about 'the skunk ape', they were talking about it very matter of factly, they all knew it existed and lived in the area, most of them had seen it numerous times...it was very interesting to listen to them talk about it, its generally something they ALL respect and let be.

Old 08-23-2019, 11:55 AM

18,754 posts, read 17,966,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I went on a fishing trip to Falls of the Rough, KY about 8 yrs ago, with an ex GFs brother, who I had became good friends with over the years, he lives in Falls of the Rough, I live in the northern part of KY, so myself, his dad and another friend went down there for a long weekend.

This area is VERY rural, and they do get alot of outsiders coming in specifically to look for Bigfoot, but they usually go about it the wrong way and leave with nothing!

I learned more about 'bigfoot' during an all night drinking session, than any other time, with people from this group, and a few of his neighbors, one old guy who had lived in the same house he was born in, he kept referring to it as 'skunk ape', he claimed to see them regularly in the area, but its not something they will open up about with outsiders that much.

They will talk about their experiences and what they know about it, but they will not take you to see one if you ask. I was really surprised the last night we were there before heading home, we spent the night drinking at the local Moose Lodge, and there was about 20-30 locals there, and when the topic came about about 'the skunk ape', they were talking about it very matter of factly, they all knew it existed and lived in the area, most of them had seen it numerous times...it was very interesting to listen to them talk about it, its generally something they ALL respect and let be.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:18 AM

105 posts, read 60,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

ALL Bigfoots deserve respect.

I don't want to be disrespectful to anybody but I winder if it's time that we had a #BigFootLivesAreImportantToo movement in this country.

I am so tired of hearing people still shooting these majestic and peaceful creatures.

Yahaahhaaaahaaay my brothers, Yahaahhaaaahaaay!

Ruff

Old 09-11-2019, 02:49 PM

18,754 posts, read 17,966,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisruff View Post
ALL Bigfoots deserve respect.

I don't want to be disrespectful to anybody but I winder if it's time that we had a #BigFootLivesAreImportantToo movement in this country.

I am so tired of hearing people still shooting these majestic and peaceful creatures.

Yahaahhaaaahaaay my brothers, Yahaahhaaaahaaay!

Ruff
The last Big Foot I heard of that was shot was another human: https://nypost.com/2018/12/20/hunter...t-was-bigfoot/. As far as I know there has never been a Big Foot shot because we have absolutely no proof that even one exist. No bodies, no DNA, no hair, no scat, no nothing except for stories and blobsquatch!

It is almost impossible to do anything that is not filmed today. Cameras watch everything; except for a mythical creature that does not exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal