Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 05:43 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times

Advertisements

Plenty of sightings of undersea craft so I think we DO know what we will find.

Also accounts of people fishing on remote lakes and having similar experiences of craft emerging from the lake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 06:26 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Plenty of sightings of undersea craft so I think we DO know what we will find.

Also accounts of people fishing on remote lakes and having similar experiences of craft emerging from the lake.
I saw a monster in our lake one time and I would have described it like that had I not been able to get closer and take a good look. Fortunately I was in a boat and got close enough to see what I was watching. There were two large, about forty five pound, snapping turtles mating on the top of the water. They kept rolling over and over and from a distance it looked like some kind of monster. I did not know that is how they mated and I never would have guessed snapping turtles if I did not see them with my own eyes.

As we search and discover different animal behavior; we learn more and what was scary the first time is no longer.

Old 08-19-2019, 09:55 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye
I saw a monster in our lake one time and I would have described it like that had I not been able to get closer and take a good look. Fortunately I was in a boat and got close enough to see what I was watching. There were two large, about forty five pound, snapping turtles mating on the top of the water. They kept rolling over and over and from a distance it looked like some kind of monster. I did not know that is how they mated and I never would have guessed snapping turtles if I did not see them with my own eyes.

As we search and discover different animal behavior; we learn more and what was scary the first time is no longer.
So glad you are the voice of reason yet again. Thankyou.

Now you have told us that lake monsters are really nothing more than humping turtles, how can there be anything scary in lakes or the sea - oh, wait...

Ships crew have been reporting giant squids for years and years, and only recently have scietists discovered a species of giant squid in the ocean. So they were not just myth and seadog-stories after all.

That could mean that some of the reports of undersea and underwater craft might ACTUALLY be true.

Old 08-19-2019, 11:05 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
Quote:

Now you have told us that lake monsters are really nothing more than humping turtles, how can there be anything scary in lakes or the sea - oh, wait...

Ships crew have been reporting giant squids for years and years, and only recently have scietists discovered a species of giant squid in the ocean. So they were not just myth and seadog-stories after all.

That could mean that some of the reports of undersea and underwater craft might ACTUALLY be true.
I'm like you in this regard. I put a lot of value in consistent, anecdotal reports. Reports that span centuries, continents, cultures & religions. I believe people who live at, on & off of the water; regarding what they know of the water. Those that live in the mountains, about what they know of the mountains. It is supreme arrogance to assume we know better.

Old 08-20-2019, 11:17 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:

I believe that in post #10 I stated that we knew very little about what is in the oceans covering our planet. That is changing as our technology grows. Humans are curious and we want to know everything. Here is a link to a timeline of ocean exploration: Ocean Exploration Timeline - Ocean Exploration on Sea and Sky. As with our quest for information about the land we live on; the same hunger and sometimes sheer greed is pushing the quest to learn more about our oceans. Plus we now have the means to store and catalog that information forever. There is no need for campfire stories; the 'truth' is out there and we will find it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal