Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 09:52 AM

855 posts, read 623,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I agree with prior conclusion that this is describing the visual/sensory impacts brought on as the result of migraine headaches - defined as "Migraine Aura".
Except that, as was mentioned earlier, unlike a
migraine-induced image, this one did move and went
around the corner of the building. The witness tried to
follow it, but it was gone.

'Tis a puzzlement.

If such things are from migraines, it would be most
helpful if, when they vanished, they took the associated
migraine with them. Migraines hurt like hell...

-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2019, 10:12 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Looks like the monolith from 2001 A Space Odyssey.
I am a skeptic, picture looks fake as it seems to be more clear and in focus then the background picture, as if it was cut and pasted on, or the resolution isn't quite matching. However, it's such a strange story from the usual UFO that it bears some attention due to it being so unique.

EDIT - Ok I see what he did, the guy recreated an image of what he saw. It's not an actual picture of the object.
I agree with prior conclusion that this is describing the visual/sensory impacts brought on as the result of migraine headaches - defined as "Migraine Aura".
IF this was from a migraine, first of all, I doubt the guy would be out doing yard work in full sunshine, he probably would have experienced this before with migraines, and it would not come as such a surprise to him.

Old 10-01-2019, 10:56 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
IF this was from a migraine, first of all, I doubt the guy would be out doing yard work in full sunshine, he probably would have experienced this before with migraines, and it would not come as such a surprise to him.
Well not necessarily. Migraine auro can come on without symptoms, particularly at a certain age (and the article suggested he was middle aged or older by describing him with an accomplished career).

He would indeed have experienced this before I would think, or maybe this is new for the guy and could suggest a new health issue, the interviewer quite possibly didn't know what kind of questions to ask. The guy potentially needs a medical check-up as this might be a sign of a pending stroke. Does anyone have access to the website that this came from and at least suggest the guy get checked out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kophi View Post
Except that, as was mentioned earlier, unlike a
migraine-induced image, this one did move and went
around the corner of the building. The witness tried to
follow it, but it was gone.
They do move, more or less, they travel accross one's field of vision as I understand.

This is more information....it very closely fits the guys description.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20352072
Blind spots (scotomas), which are sometimes outlined by simple geometric designs
Zigzag lines that gradually float across your field of vision

Shimmering spots or stars
Changes in vision or vision loss
Flashes of light

You gotta admit the above cut and past of symptoms is almost a cut and paste of his description of what he saw.

Last edited by Dd714; 10-01-2019 at 11:07 AM..

Old 10-01-2019, 02:11 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
This is where the article came from that we are talking about: National UFO Reporting Center. It kind of reminds me of the old National Examiner or the Star reporting. I love all the colors to get our attention. BT Barnum must have been a founding father; except he has been dead for 130 years!

While the OP attributes this article to the NUFORC organization they left out this one little footnote that the organization placed at the end of that article: "((NUFORC Note: We spoke via telephone with the source of this report, and he seemed to us to be quite serious-minded. We suspect that he is a superlative, and quite reliable, witness. PD))". Why is it that some people cannot see through these frauds. There are key terms and phrases here like: "We spoke via telephone with the source of this report" or "he seemed to us to be quite serious-minded" or "We suspect that he is a superlative, and quite reliable, witness.".

There are no facts, no names, just inferences drawn on debatable evidence (if you want to call a telephone call evidence).

Old 10-01-2019, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
This is where the article came from that we are talking about: National UFO Reporting Center. It kind of reminds me of the old National Examiner or the Star reporting. I love all the colors to get our attention. BT Barnum must have been a founding father; except he has been dead for 130 years!

While the OP attributes this article to the NUFORC organization they left out this one little footnote that the organization placed at the end of that article: "((NUFORC Note: We spoke via telephone with the source of this report, and he seemed to us to be quite serious-minded. We suspect that he is a superlative, and quite reliable, witness. PD))". Why is it that some people cannot see through these frauds. There are key terms and phrases here like: "We spoke via telephone with the source of this report" or "he seemed to us to be quite serious-minded" or "We suspect that he is a superlative, and quite reliable, witness.".

There are no facts, no names, just inferences drawn on debatable evidence (if you want to call a telephone call evidence).
Yeah but from my viewpoint I had no problem with that. I went to that NUFORC site as well. I think it's mainly to keep a database of UFO sightings, and this is probably an all volunteer effort. Yeah people have to realize when going to that site that's it's all unconfirmed and the level of due dillegence, although low and extremely subjective and biased, was at least done.
Looking at the site, it seems they have an admitted problem with hoaxs and cranks. Give them credit for that as well and taking steps to control, as minimal as that is.

I'm more concerned that this guy that claims to have seen this may have a medical issue, and the guy that interviewed him, clearly untrained and unaware that this fits the symptoms of migrain auro almost perfectly, needs to get back with him and say "dude, get checked out just in case".

Old 10-01-2019, 05:07 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Yeah but from my viewpoint I had no problem with that. I went to that NUFORC site as well. I think it's mainly to keep a database of UFO sightings, and this is probably an all volunteer effort. Yeah people have to realize when going to that site that's it's all unconfirmed and the level of due dillegence, although low and extremely subjective and biased, was at least done.
Looking at the site, it seems they have an admitted problem with hoaxs and cranks. Give them credit for that as well and taking steps to control, as minimal as that is.

I'm more concerned that this guy that claims to have seen this may have a medical issue, and the guy that interviewed him, clearly untrained and unaware that this fits the symptoms of migrain auro almost perfectly, needs to get back with him and say "dude, get checked out just in case".
I just have problems with: "he seemed" or "We suspect". Perhaps there are some good volunteers on there; but this was a poor example. I also have a very hard time with websites written in colors; maybe it's because I'm color blind!

Old 10-04-2019, 09:02 AM

1,303 posts, read 854,381 times
Quote:
Well not necessarily. Migraine auro can come on without symptoms, particularly at a certain age (and the article suggested he was middle aged or older by describing him with an accomplished career).

He would indeed have experienced this before I would think, or maybe this is new for the guy and could suggest a new health issue, the interviewer quite possibly didn't know what kind of questions to ask. The guy potentially needs a medical check-up as this might be a sign of a pending stroke. Does anyone have access to the website that this came from and at least suggest the guy get checked out?

They do move, more or less, they travel accross one's field of vision as I understand.

This is more information....it very closely fits the guys description.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20352072
Blind spots (scotomas), which are sometimes outlined by simple geometric designs
Zigzag lines that gradually float across your field of vision

Shimmering spots or stars
Changes in vision or vision loss
Flashes of light

You gotta admit the above cut and past of symptoms is almost a cut and paste of his description of what he saw.
I experience migraine aura and have had all of the above. IMHO, none of these account for what he described. Not saying it still couldn't be and if he never experienced any of these aura before, he might have misinterpreted them.....but his description is definitely not something I have ever experienced as an aura or that I have ever heard anyone else with aura describing.....

Old 10-04-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn hunter View Post
I experience migraine aura and have had all of the above. IMHO, none of these account for what he described. Not saying it still couldn't be and if he never experienced any of these aura before, he might have misinterpreted them.....but his description is definitely not something I have ever experienced as an aura or that I have ever heard anyone else with aura describing.....
I've never had them so I have to take your word for it. But still it fits the description and if you go into youtube or search in images there it has some examples of what one may see. From the examples I see the main difference is he describes a well defined edge (although he is somewhat inconsistent as he then says there is waviness along the edge) and it's more black.
From many of the examples, it's definitely going to weird someone out that has not experienced it before. It does indeed look like a portal through space.

Old 10-04-2019, 09:26 AM

If this works, here is another GIF example:

Old 10-04-2019, 09:29 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
If this works, here is another GIF example:
That doesnt look anything close to what the guy was describing, he said it had very sharp, defined edges, and it only moved at one point, it was stationary for most of the encounter, even though he was moving around.

Plus, he said he could see what looked like stars or bright lights WITHIN the 'object'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal