Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 10:35 AM

1 posts, read 931 times

Advertisements

I often wonder what ghosts want from us. Is it that they need help passing to the light or are they all demons like some religions think.
I just wonder what is the point is scaring people?
It doesn't make sense unless they are stuck and need help and want our attention.
I say this as I have many experiences of the paranormal myself and yet wonder what the point is. To me scary ghosts are like a bully using its advantages to frighten the mere human.
Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2019, 11:02 AM

3,297 posts, read 3,021,473 times
The ones who contact me mostly want me to help them cross over. If they're making a fuss, it's generally either because they want someone to notice them so they can get them help, or they don't understand they aren't in their bodies any longer.

I dealt with one earthbound spirit who had been the owner of a home that was being remodeled, and he was trying to scare away the new owners so they would leave the home as it was when he was alive. He didn't realize he was no longer in physical form. It took me a little while to find the right approach to convince him that he didn't need to stay and fight for his home, but after a bit, he crossed over too.

I was taught that no matter how scary they might seem, earthbound human spirits need and deserve our compassion. Once detected, it is unkind to leave them where they are, confused and frightened. They should always be helped to cross over to where they can be in peace, and continue their path of learning and growth.

(BTW, just screaming, "Go to the light," doesn't do it, any more than if you stopped to ask for directions to the freeway and the person you're asking just keeps yelling, "Go to the freeway!" Sometimes they don't know where the light is, or they are afraid to cross over.)

Old 09-22-2019, 03:40 PM

777 posts, read 880,474 times
Think of ghost as a natural phenomena.
Just like grass growing and snow falling.
They don't exist to distract the living.
They just are. Humans are generally
afraid of them because of lack of
knowledge. It was decided, long ago,
that study of the paranormal would
not be in the realm of natural science
but in the psychological sciences.
This action removed it from physical
evaluation (objective) to mind manifestation
(subjective). If you witness ghostly
phenomena then you are made to feel
there is something wrong with YOU.
It is not the grass growing or the snow
falling.

Old 09-22-2019, 07:12 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby-Bunter-Boo View Post
I often wonder what ghosts want from us. Is it that they need help passing to the light or are they all demons like some religions think.
It doesn't make sense unless they are stuck and need help and want our attention.
I say this as I have many experiences of the paranormal myself and yet wonder what the point is. To me scary ghosts are like a bully using its advantages to frighten the mere human.
Any ideas?
I wasn't afraid of who & what I saw in my two encounters. In my case(s); I don't believe they wanted something FROM me as they wanted something FOR me.

All's I can do is to remember them & keep my eyes & ears open. It will be clear to me some day.

Old 09-22-2019, 11:16 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
From what Ive learned from a lady I know ( that can sense and see spirits), there are quite a few people who have died, but they either dont realize they died, or they are not accepting it, these types of spirits can be seen going about their daily routines, working, etc.

When she told me about this, I wondered how they not realize they were dead, seems like the fact that no one will respond or talk to you, may be a big hint that something is not right, but apparently they are MANY spirits like this, all of them in the same 'plane', so they are able to see each other, I can understand now how they have problems accepting they are dead....for all we know, it may not as easy as we think to recognize this.

Old 09-24-2019, 07:02 PM

855 posts, read 623,820 times
I'll be honest, I never understood the belief that spirits
seek out those still embodied for guidance on how to
navigate the Other Side in order to "cross over" to
wherever.

Wouldn't it be better for a spirit to consult someone who
is also already on the Other Side and who would
therefore be familiar with the terrain?

-

Old 09-24-2019, 08:02 PM

6,849 posts, read 4,847,655 times
They just want chocolate.

Old 09-24-2019, 11:22 PM

11,443 posts, read 625,059 times
They want to not be ignored and denied.....

Most of them are not mean.

Old 09-30-2019, 10:58 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby-Bunter-Boo View Post
Any ideas?
It depends on the ghosts. And who said they're into scaring people? If you let yourself be scared, then that's your choice. The media try to program us to see that as a scary phenomenon, but think about it: what's scary about it?

In many instances, it's about the deceased trying to communicate to their loved ones. Sometimes it is about people getting "stuck"; they don't always know they've died. Some linger, because they can't tear themselves away from their loved ones remaining among the living. The situations are many and varied.

Old 09-30-2019, 09:51 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It depends on the ghosts. And who said they're into scaring people? If you let yourself be scared, then that's your choice. The media try to program us to see that as a scary phenomenon, but think about it: what's scary about it?

In many instances, it's about the deceased trying to communicate to their loved ones. Sometimes it is about people getting "stuck"; they don't always know they've died. Some linger, because they can't tear themselves away from their loved ones remaining among the living. The situations are many and varied.
Yes, I think this happens much more than we would like to think it does...its scary to think about actually...that you may not realize you have died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal