Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 12:04 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,433,212 times

Advertisements

A month or so after my grandfather died an operator told my grandmother that she had a collect call from my grandfather and asked if she would 'accept the charges'.She freaked out,told the operator he was dead and hung up...…..I've always wondered what would have happened had she said yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2019, 02:40 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
After my aunt passed away from bone cancer, and her daughter had the land-line disconnected, my mother started receiving phone calls from that number. (They called each other daily, sometimes 2-3 times a day.) My mom was afraid to answer them at first as she knew the number was no longer in service - and she feared her sister was 'calling her to the grave' to join her. She called back twice, and got the "this number has been disconnected" recording. Once, she actually answered the call yet all she heard was static on the other end. This went on till my mother, afraid, got rid of that mobile phone and number. Then an old family friend started getting the calls. I Googled the phenomenon and even asked a local psychic with a paranormal team about it. She told me that my aunt only wanted my mom to know that she's okay where she is now. Has anyone else ever experienced this?
I have goosebumps after reading this post. That freaks me out!

Old 10-06-2019, 04:44 PM

5,451 posts, read 4,048,341 times
About an hour after my DH passed, and his body was out of the house, the phone rang and no one was there. I said to my friends who were with me, He is calling to let me know he got there OK.

The next day, on hold with a government office on the phone, the hold music was, "whenever you want me, I'll be there, whenever you need me, I'll be there, I'll be around." Made me smile.

Old 10-06-2019, 05:54 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,098,140 times
About a month after my mom died I got a text message from my DIL's phone number with no actual message. just a picture of my mom with her youngest great-grandchild; my granddaughter Sophia.

It was almost 3 am but I thought just maybe ... my DIL had had to get up to nurse the baby & maybe just decided to send me the picture?

I forgot about it for a couple of days & then realized I needed to text my DIL & say thanks for the pic. It really is a great pic taken two days before my mom died where both baby & great-grandma have their mouths open, looking at each other with a surprised 'peek-a-boo' look on their faces. Identical in angle of their heads & everything. Really cute.

This is how the text convo worked out:

Me: 'BTW; thank you for the pic!'

DIL: 'What pic?'

Me: 'The one of Grandma & Sophia.'

DIL: 'When?'

Me: 'Didn't you text me a pic really late a few nights ago?'

DIL: 'No, I don't think so. Which one?'

So I forwarded the picture back to her & she says:

DIL: 'I didn't send that! I took that picture with my old phone that Dawson (my grandson) broke!'

Then after a few minutes:

DIL: 'I think I know who sent you that pic ...'

Me: 'Yeah, me too.'

Old 10-06-2019, 07:40 PM

6,454 posts, read 3,974,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
This thread reminds me of the all time greatest Twilight Zone episode "Night Call."
The full episode used to be available on youtube but CBS had it pulled. You now have to have a subscription to CBS All Access to be able to see it.
Well, tell us what it was about!

Old 10-06-2019, 10:00 PM

2,264 posts, read 971,723 times
Mykelti Williamson, who played Bubba Blue in Forrest Gump, describes a phone call he received from his cousin who had been killed the day before:

https://youtu.be/MoUouvjzt20

Old 10-07-2019, 06:10 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,405,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
Mykelti Williamson, who played Bubba Blue in Forrest Gump, describes a phone call he received from his cousin who had been killed the day before:

https://youtu.be/MoUouvjzt20
Chilling.

Old 10-08-2019, 08:00 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,014,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Well, tell us what it was about!
"Night Call". One of the most terrifying episodes of them all: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Call

Old 10-08-2019, 06:20 PM

6,454 posts, read 3,974,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
"Night Call". One of the most terrifying episodes of them all: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Call
I think I'd have to watch it... sounds more sad than scary.

Old 10-09-2019, 07:52 AM

2,745 posts, read 3,014,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
I think I'd have to watch it... sounds more sad than scary.
It's on Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video if you have any of those. The whole series is there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal