Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 03:27 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,133,264 times

Advertisements

I have stayed at three supposedly haunted hotels, all three in NH in fact. I had experiences in two of the three.
I stayed at the Spaulding Inn twice and had things happen both times, I stayed at the Centenial hotel in Concord and had a full body apparition walk around my bed in the night.

I also stayed at what was the Mount Washington Hotel, but did not have any experiences there.

Just wondering what hotels have you stayed in that were supposedly haunted and did you have any experiences while there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 03:47 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,273,099 times
The Emily Morgan in San Antonio. My husband did not know it was haunted and reserved a room on a haunted floor for our 20th anniversary. I had them move me to another floor - ironically directly across from the Alamo wall which is supposed to be even more haunted. I did not experience anything but other guests did on different floors. Lights going on and off, toilets flushing in empty bathrooms and very nervous dog guests reacting to seemingly nothing. My friend visited the Halloween before my trip on a ghost hunting package and called me all night begging me to pray for her she was so scared.

Not a hotel but I had a disturbing experience on the USS Lexington in Corpus Christi. I was fine on deck and the upper areas. Below deck I felt very nervous. I have only been claustrophobic jammed in huge crowds a few times so these feelings were odd. It increased so much in the engine room I left my husband and kids and looked for the way up. Wandering around I was starting to panic - it’s not tight and was very bright so I had no reason to be scared. I stepped into the chapel and felt much calmer. I’m a Christian and holy places are peaceful for me so I still thought I was claustrophobic or having a freak panic attack. My husband called and I told him what was going on but that I was okay to find an exit at that point. Once I got on the main deck I was completely fine except I was absolutely sure I was not going down again.

A few years later I ran across accounts of the hauntings. I had heard of them a bit but these included not only sightings but people experiencing exactly what I did. This was so surprising to me because I don’t believe in ghosts. I believe in the supernatural (God, Satan, angels, demons) so I make a point to not open myself up it (like avoiding the haunted Emily Morgan floors) but not people staying after death. It is very disconcerting that I felt something so strongly. I’m not sure what it was but it was definitely not my normal state.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:06 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwenmark View Post
I have stayed at three supposedly haunted hotels, all three in NH in fact. I had experiences in two of the three.
I stayed at the Spaulding Inn twice and had things happen both times, I stayed at the Centenial hotel in Concord and had a full body apparition walk around my bed in the night.

I also stayed at what was the Mount Washington Hotel, but did not have any experiences there.

Just wondering what hotels have you stayed in that were supposedly haunted and did you have any experiences while there?
Best Western Hotel, in Warren OH. I was looking for homes in the area, and I thought the hotel was very beautiful. Before it was a Best Western, it was a privately owned hotel at one time, and was very attracted to the place - although it was further away from the area of Warren that interested us.

The minute I entered the building, I had a feeling that it was haunted. I did not feel anything evil - or very negative - but I did sense activity. However, there were some tragedies there.

I really don't care what anyone thinks about me, so I approached the desk staff and asked if the hotel was haunted or had a "colorful history". They were more than happy to talk and to share experiences. In fact, they offered to take me for a tour of the first floor and tell them where I felt something.

I was able to pick out a spot that did seem to be very "energetic" and they confirmed that all of them had experiences there.

Apparently the hotel had a past. During Prohibition, it was a popular Speakeasy, and gangster hang out. There were a few incidents, including a murder.

Now the hotel is the home to "The Speakeasy" - a trendy tavern that we visit frequently. I have personally not had any experiences there - just energy. I think there might be a residual haunting.

Rooms are beautiful, with high ceilings and period decor.

Upstate NY, there is a hotel located within the Lily Dale Assembly - the world's largest Spritualist Community. I go there at least once every summer and I usually stay at the Maplewood Hotel.

The Maplewood desk actually has a floor plan that tells you what rooms and floors are most haunted.
I usually select a "moderatly haunted" floor or room. I know of people who have stayed in the very haunted areas and were unable to sleep because of the activity.

I don't need that.

One night I heard a loud bang that awakened me. It was not natural. I also heard furniture being moved upstairs at about 3AM. That time I was fully awake.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...oiowDHoECAUQBg

Conversations on the front porch are always interesting. It's always beautiful watching the sun set over Lake Cassadega.

Old 02-10-2019, 05:20 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,578 posts, read 81,186,228 times
The Palace Hotel in Port Townsend, WA, a former brothel. We had no idea that there was a history of activity there until we came home and looked it up. Going up the red carpeted stairway when we came back from an event at midnight was just creepy, and we both swear the eyes on the painting were watching us. The fan they gave us was aimed across the foot of the bed (non-oscillating) but about 3am we both awoke due to the air blowing on our faces. I got up to see what happened and the fan was back just as we had left it.

Palace Hotel – A Step Back In Time

Old 02-10-2019, 05:24 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,966,169 times
"did you have any experiences while there?"
yes.
paid lots of money to spend the night in an old hotel.
we left tips for the maids. hope the ghosts did not get them.

Old 02-16-2019, 06:52 PM

483 posts, read 630,575 times
I've stayed at The Myrtles (https://www.myrtlesplantation.com/) twice and both times had an experience. The first visit was in 1987 and I was young and single. I went with a group of friends and in the middle of the night I felt the sheets at the bottom of the bed being patted and smoothed. Found out that we were in the children's bedroom and the nanny often did this (in the late 1800's!). Fast forward to Christmas break 2015 and I take my husband and children who are 21 and 18 years old. We slept in the care takers cottage which had a queen size bed and bunk bed. I had given everyone flashlights in their Christmas stocking specifically for the trip, as we were all going to be in one room, in case anyone needed to go to the restroom in the middle of the night. We all went to bed at the same time and after the lights had been off about 30 minutes there was a loud crash to the floor. I knew my husband was still awake (he hadn't begun snoring LOL) but neither of us said anything. I really thought one of the flashlights had rolled off the top bunk bed and fell to the floor. The next morning when we woke up I said, "Please tell me it was the flashlight that fell to the floor and not one of your cell phones?" All three of them looked at me blankly. The kids said they never heard a thing and nothing was broken. My husband DID say he heard it too and also thought it was one of the metal flashlights. I was starting to doubt I had heard it when he admitted he heard the crash too. We looked all around the cottage and under furniture and nothing was on the floor. I was glad my husband heard it and also glad my kids slept through it. Otherwise we may have had to sleep in the car!

Old 02-18-2019, 08:47 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,744,831 times
Back in the 90’s my husband and I stayed in this house, in the turret room. We didn’t know anything about the haunting and experienced nothing, other than a beautiful old house well run as a B&B, and a great time in Key West.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/robert-doll

Old 02-18-2019, 01:15 PM

7,259 posts, read 5,135,660 times
The wife was a FA around 1980 when she stayed at a hotel in Peoria, IL that was supposedly haunted. I went to this site https://www.hauntedrooms.com/8-haunt...ls-in-illinois but it isn't considered one of IL's top 8, I guess.

HH Holmes, probably America's sickest serial murderer, built his own hotel to accommodate his needs at the expense of visitors to the World's Fair https://allthatsinteresting.com/h-h-holmes-house It was reported to be haunted thereafter, but has since been razed. The lot remains empty to this day. ...BTW-- there's a good deal of circumstantial evidence that Holmes was Jack the Ripper.

Chicago area is home to one of the country's most famous ghosts- Resurrection Mary- who was killed while hitch hiking home from The Willowbrook Ballroom one night in the '30s. I know several people who insist they have seen her still hitch hiking along Archer Ave.. That dance hall is right across the street from Manion's, now a biker bar, but originally one of Capone's road houses. To this day, the upstairs rooms, once a brothel, are said to be haunted, frequently spooking the bar's wait staff.... I wonder if Mary & those brothel ghosts ever get together to party?

Old 02-19-2019, 06:37 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
St Augustine FL is full of haunted hotels, and my old lady would not let us stay at one with the kids. We did however get photos at the Spanish Hospital of orbs, a fuzzy apparition laying on a bed and one which looks like a bright white globe hovering over my sons head
I put them away and never showed them to my old lady. That was 15 years ago

Old 02-21-2019, 09:16 PM

483 posts, read 630,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
The wife was a FA around 1980 when she stayed at a hotel in Peoria, IL that was supposedly haunted. I went to this site https://www.hauntedrooms.com/8-haunt...ls-in-illinois but it isn't considered one of IL's top 8, I guess.

HH Holmes, probably America's sickest serial murderer, built his own hotel to accommodate his needs at the expense of visitors to the World's Fair https://allthatsinteresting.com/h-h-holmes-house It was reported to be haunted thereafter, but has since been razed. The lot remains empty to this day. ...BTW-- there's a good deal of circumstantial evidence that Holmes was Jack the Ripper.

Chicago area is home to one of the country's most famous ghosts- Resurrection Mary- who was killed while hitch hiking home from The Willowbrook Ballroom one night in the '30s. I know several people who insist they have seen her still hitch hiking along Archer Ave.. That dance hall is right across the street from Manion's, now a biker bar, but originally one of Capone's road houses. To this day, the upstairs rooms, once a brothel, are said to be haunted, frequently spooking the bar's wait staff.... I wonder if Mary & those brothel ghosts ever get together to party?
The lot isn't empty anymore. It's a Post Office (which redefines it's own hell in a way).

https://www.bustle.com/p/can-you-vis...ed-to-be-69224
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal