Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 02:11 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Usually six, that wraps around the entire body of the cow.
How many toes does a bird have ? This is a fairly basic question and one which you should have started with by looking it up when you came up with this 'bird picking up cow' theory. It is not 3 on each foot, if it were, the bird would fall over.

(see here) and (here)

What else could make 6 holes in a cows body? Well, maybe some kind of machine which was used to move the body about once it got to the craft?

Nothing about the cow body is burned with any acid-like liquids, so why would they spit/sick on the ground if they wanted to eat or digest the cow? Maybe they want to use it to dip cow pieces in to make them tasty?

Sorry at my attempt at humour, but you really have not thought this one through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2019, 03:52 AM

7,237 posts, read 5,114,062 times
Well known fact in biology-- predators go after "the cripples," not the healthiest members of the herd. A predator, bird or otherwise, would be reducing its chances of survival significantly if it preferred the strong, nasty bulls to the docile cows as its prey of choice.

Another fact of biology concerning the existence of the various crypto- forms-- a breeding population is doomed to rapid extinction if its numbers fall below ~500 (cf- CA Condors, Whooping Cranes etc etc) which can be proved mathematically......I should think we'd have a few more sightings and many more carcasses if a flock of birds with 20 ft wing spans and large enough to kill a bull existed in numbers greater than 500 individuals....If they don't number more than 500, they don't exist.

The ONLY possible explanation for this mutilated bull thing that explains all the facts is perverted spacemen out for laughs after a weekend of carousing in our out-of-the-way galaxy.

Old 10-14-2019, 05:08 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
It IS. Reports of pooled fluids that burn the skin if touched. Felled tree limbs. Tripod shaped holes in the ground. Like actual raptor tracks but the individual holes are 3 feet apart. There are corresponding puncture holes on the cattle hides. Usually six, that wraps around the entire body of the cow.
In that one article you enclosed it talks of a sighing of a bird with a 10 to 11 foot wingspan. Condors can have a wingspan of over 9 feet. But no condor is going to lift a cow. If there are pooled fluids on the ground DNA test can determine what animal or bird they came from and then the case could be closed. The stomach acid of some vultures has a PH of between 1 and 2; so it is highly acidic and can burn your skin.

I just feel that many of these reports of large birds are simply perception problems. It is hard to know the distance to the bird from on the ground. I still remember a turkey buzzard that flew only about five feet from my head when I was very young. It looked like Rodan since I did not see it coming from behind until it was over my head. It was close enough where I could feel the wind from its wings. I saw the large shadow first before I looked up and that made it seem even larger.

Old 10-14-2019, 05:33 PM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Quote:
I just feel that many of these reports of large birds are simply perception problems. It is hard to know the distance to the bird from on the ground. I still remember a turkey buzzard that flew only about five feet from my head when I was very young. It looked like Rodan since I did not see it coming from behind until it was over my head. It was close enough where I could feel the wind from its wings. I saw the large shadow first before I looked up and that made it seem even larger.
Young kids are still gaining experience in life.

So I would ask you now - at your age - would you still be 'fooled' by this perspective ? I think you would have to answer 'No" and since you answer 'No', then you have to give other people credit for the same common sense or life experience as yourself.

I kind-of see myself as somewhere in the middle of the mass of humankind, so what I think is probably about what others think. Try to be a little more rsspectful and not to think other adults are stupid or less intelligent/aware/educated/etc than yourself.

Old 10-14-2019, 08:09 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its interesting, in that newspaper article, the witness says it may have wings like a bird, but its no bird, also that instead of flying away it walked away. I cannot imagine what kind of animal/bird he saw!

You make a good point about a bird having the most interest in cows, but if they are the ones doing this...where were they prior to the 1970s? Plenty of cows were available to them back then as well. Really I think the simple fact that this 'phenomenon' started in the 1970s is a pretty indicator that its nothing natural or animal, if so, they would have been doing this prior to 1970s, it wouldnt be something new.
Oh but it has been happening. There are archived news reports in North America going back into the 1700's & involving also horses & unfortunately ... people ... found mutilated under similar circumstances.

The 1950s -1970s were kind of banner decades for conspiracy theories, really. Area 51, Bigfoot, cold-war era government stuff, etc ... Aliens got blamed for many things; not just cattle mutilations.

I think that prior to these recent times, people took more things in stride & there was no sensationalism about things. There were unexplained things in the sky & in the forest. It was a given & you took what steps you could, to protect you & yours accordingly.

A lot of the animosity between the Native Americans & the US government in the early 1900's was due to our insistence on calling their history; 'mythology' & if the Thunderbird has always been here; it has always had to eat.

Checking for consistency as far back as the written records allow, was one of the very first things I did.

Old 10-14-2019, 09:24 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Well known fact in biology-- predators go after "the cripples," not the healthiest members of the herd. A predator, bird or otherwise, would be reducing its chances of survival significantly if it preferred the strong, nasty bulls to the docile cows as its prey of choice.

Another fact of biology concerning the existence of the various crypto- forms-- a breeding population is doomed to rapid extinction if its numbers fall below ~500 (cf- CA Condors, Whooping Cranes etc etc) which can be proved mathematically......I should think we'd have a few more sightings and many more carcasses if a flock of birds with 20 ft wing spans and large enough to kill a bull existed in numbers greater than 500 individuals....If they don't number more than 500, they don't exist.

The ONLY possible explanation for this mutilated bull thing that explains all the facts is perverted spacemen out for laughs after a weekend of carousing in our out-of-the-way galaxy.
that may be part of the problem...we are trying to explain this with activities and things common to us, naturally aliens are likely MUCH MUCH different than us, so it stands to figure, their activities may not make any sense to us.

Old 10-15-2019, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
that may be part of the problem...we are trying to explain this with activities and things common to us, naturally aliens are likely MUCH MUCH different than us, so it stands to figure, their activities may not make any sense to us.
There is one aspect that all life has in common: we all want to survive. In that respect aliens will also want to survive and insure the survival of their species. If they flew all the way to our planet and they liked to eat cows; they would eat them and not waste time and effort mutilating them. If we were in their way and they wanted to take over; they would at least attempt to get rid of us. They would not waste time studying us year after year; one or two specimens would probably be all they needed + they would have access to all of our communications.

You go around looking for strange alien culprits that satanically mutilate cow; but humans have shown us that we can be inhumane many times over. Look at the Spanish inquisition and the horrors that man did to fellow man. Of course you don't have to go that far back in time; we have many modern criminals that have no regard for human suffering. It is not a stretch of the imagination to think that somebody would mutilate a cow.

But, as what has been pointed out to several times, it can be a mix of natural predation or causes of death and human intervention. Cows only have a average lifespan of 18 to 22 years; they do die on their own - without any help. There is also poisonous vegetation that our cattle can eat: https://www.beefmagazine.com/pasture...isonous-plants. Plus we have new invasive plants moving into our Country and we might not be aware of the risk.

Old 10-15-2019, 06:39 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,323,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
In that one article you enclosed it talks of a sighing of a bird with a 10 to 11 foot wingspan. Condors can have a wingspan of over 9 feet. But no condor is going to lift a cow.
The wandering albatross has the longest known wingspan of any living bird, typically ranging from 2.51 to 3.5 m (8 ft. 3 in. to 11 ft. 6 in.). I got the chance to see them when I was on the Island of South Georgia back in October of 2010. Truly magnificent birds to behold, but seabirds don't tend to weigh a lot, wandering albatross adults weigh, on average, 6.35 to 11.91 kg (14.0 to 26.3 lb.). They aren't made to pick up heavy weights that's for sure. I don't think any bird can pick up a cow!

Old 10-15-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
The wandering albatross has the longest known wingspan of any living bird, typically ranging from 2.51 to 3.5 m (8 ft. 3 in. to 11 ft. 6 in.). I got the chance to see them when I was on the Island of South Georgia back in October of 2010. Truly magnificent birds to behold, but seabirds don't tend to weigh a lot, wandering albatross adults weigh, on average, 6.35 to 11.91 kg (14.0 to 26.3 lb.). They aren't made to pick up heavy weights that's for sure. I don't think any bird can pick up a cow!
The wing shape of the albatross also looks a little like the Pterodactyl. But the albatross only comes to land to breed. They are interesting birds with a long lifespan of up to 60 years. I presume that it was very impressive to have lucky enough to see one.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:24 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,323,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The wing shape of the albatross also looks a little like the Pterodactyl. But the albatross only comes to land to breed. They are interesting birds with a long lifespan of up to 60 years. I presume that it was very impressive to have lucky enough to see one.
Yeah, when I was on South Georgia the wandering albatross chicks were getting ready to fledge and to stand almost next to them as they unfurl their wings and it's more than 11 feet, I was in awe!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal