Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 01:24 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Where did you dream this up?
. Some of these "mutilations" were simply people killing and field processing a cow for meat.

I have been at quite a few butcherings Cattle, Hogs and chicken, deer. and I guarantee you it can get pretty messy.

You can only talk about what you have read. I talk from experience.
Is being hungry dreaming it up? Cattle are raised for their meat. Considering the number of homeless in America it is not a stretch of the imagination to think that somebody looked at a cow and said: food!

What do you think "messy" is? Somebody without the equipment to properly process a cow or the skill a person could do a messy job. You are not the only one that has watched as farmers have butchered their livestock; I have helped them butcher when I was younger. Plus I have processed many deer although I stopped hunting about 15 years ago. Hunters will say to a newbie that their processing job was a mutilation because it was so messy. With experience you do not waste meat.

I don't dream of cattle mutilations. I just ask where you get your information. Here is a great source of information on many of these mutilations: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_mutilation. I quote from that article:

"The hypothesis that natural phenomena account for most mutilation characteristics has been validated by a number of experiments, including one cited by long-time scientific skeptic Robert T. Carroll, conducted by Washington County (Arkansas) Sheriff's Department. In the experiment, the body of a recently deceased cow was left in a field and observed for 48 hours. During the 48 hours, postmortem bloating was reported to have caused incision-like tears in the cow's skin that matched the "surgical" cuts reported on mutilated cows, while the action of blowflies and maggots reportedly matched the soft tissue damage observed on mutilated cows. No explanation was made however, for the entire absence of any blood."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2019, 04:35 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Is being hungry dreaming it up? Cattle are raised for their meat. Considering the number of homeless in America it is not a stretch of the imagination to think that somebody looked at a cow and said: food!

What do you think "messy" is? Somebody without the equipment to properly process a cow or the skill a person could do a messy job. You are not the only one that has watched as farmers have butchered their livestock; I have helped them butcher when I was younger. Plus I have processed many deer although I stopped hunting about 15 years ago. Hunters will say to a newbie that their processing job was a mutilation because it was so messy. With experience you do not waste meat.

I don't dream of cattle mutilations. I just ask where you get your information. Here is a great source of information on many of these mutilations: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_mutilation. I quote from that article:

"The hypothesis that natural phenomena account for most mutilation characteristics has been validated by a number of experiments, including one cited by long-time scientific skeptic Robert T. Carroll, conducted by Washington County (Arkansas) Sheriff's Department. In the experiment, the body of a recently deceased cow was left in a field and observed for 48 hours. During the 48 hours, postmortem bloating was reported to have caused incision-like tears in the cow's skin that matched the "surgical" cuts reported on mutilated cows, while the action of blowflies and maggots reportedly matched the soft tissue damage observed on mutilated cows. No explanation was made however, for the entire absence of any blood."

So you seem to have irrefutable evidence from an Arkansas sheriff that only made maybe $18k per year.

Weren't you just saying that this stuff goes on out in western ares where even the landowners don't go and know you just said1

Cattle are raised for their meat. Considering the number of homeless in America it is not a stretch of the imagination to think that somebody looked at a cow and said: food!

Last edited by Versatile; 10-18-2019 at 05:05 PM..

Old 10-18-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
So you seem to have irrefutable evidence from an Arkansas sheriff that only made maybe $18k per year.

Weren't you just saying that this stuff goes on out in western ares where even the landowners don't go and know you just said1

Cattle are raised for their meat. Considering the number of homeless in America it is not a stretch of the imagination to think that somebody looked at a cow and said: food!

I kinda think there is something fishy about you. lol
You toss in anything and everything but what fits the actual case we are talking about. How do you know a particular sheriff makes $18K/year. How do you know that they don't know a lot more than we do?

Talk about me fishy; you have an agenda to prove that these cases are not natural. When people have killed and studied what happens to the dead cows and they see that bloating accounts for the "surgical" skin cuts and natural scavengers and insects account for the missing soft tissue; you want the finger to point to ET or Unknown. Get actual proof in here and quit throwing in every piece of unconnected information!

Old 10-18-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
You toss in anything and everything but what fits the actual case we are talking about. How do you know a particular sheriff makes $18K/year. How do you know that they don't know a lot more than we do?

Talk about me fishy; you have an agenda to prove that these cases are not natural. When people have killed and studied what happens to the dead cows and they see that bloating accounts for the "surgical" skin cuts and natural scavengers and insects account for the missing soft tissue; you want the finger to point to ET or Unknown. Get actual proof in here and quit throwing in every piece of unconnected information!
Please don't get all in a Flounder. I don't have an agenda. I don't know anything about them except the one I talk about. Of all the farmers/ranchers I know none of them have ever talked about such.

As for salary; my aunt's brother in law was sheriff in his county for 28 yrs and that was his salary.

? Were/are these events always done in fly season? Flies and ticks are out on warm winter days. Not in cold crispy stuff.

Old 10-18-2019, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Please don't get all in a Flounder. I don't have an agenda. I don't know anything about them except the one I talk about. Of all the farmers/ranchers I know none of them have ever talked about such.

As for salary; my aunt's brother in law was sheriff in his county for 28 yrs and that was his salary.

? Were/are these events always done in fly season? Flies and ticks are out on warm winter days. Not in cold crispy stuff.
This thread was started by 'bagster' and they posted this link: https://www.foxnews.com/us/conspirac...n-oregon-ranch about a case in Oregon. So who is floundering? What does a sheriff where you live have anything to do with Oregon; regardless of how many years he was a sheriff? They show a picture in that link of a bloated dead bull and it looks pretty warm; so there you go again off subject. Try to stick to the case we are talking about.

Old 10-19-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
This thread was started by 'bagster' and they posted this link: https://www.foxnews.com/us/conspirac...n-oregon-ranch about a case in Oregon. So who is floundering? What does a sheriff where you live have anything to do with Oregon; regardless of how many years he was a sheriff? They show a picture in that link of a bloated dead bull and it looks pretty warm; so there you go again off subject. Try to stick to the case we are talking about.

YOU posted the link about a Sheriff in Ar. Any info on this subject is relevant no matter what state.

Chill man. It ain't worth it.

Old 10-19-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
YOU posted the link about a Sheriff in Ar. Any info on this subject is relevant no matter what state.

Chill man. It ain't worth it.
If you read your post you were the first to mention a sheriff that does not live in Oregon. I was trying to respond to a post you made where you were implying that 'messy' is not a mutilation? So I gave a quote from Wikipedia that mentioned testing done by an Arkansas Sheriff's department. I quote again from that link:

""The hypothesis that natural phenomena account for most mutilation characteristics has been validated by a number of experiments, including one cited by long-time scientific skeptic Robert T. Carroll, conducted by Washington County (Arkansas) Sheriff's Department. In the experiment, the body of a recently deceased cow was left in a field and observed for 48 hours. During the 48 hours, postmortem bloating was reported to have caused incision-like tears in the cow's skin that matched the "surgical" cuts reported on mutilated cows, while the action of blowflies and maggots reportedly matched the soft tissue damage observed on mutilated cows. No explanation was made however, for the entire absence of any blood."

So then you come back and imply that Arkansas sheriffs don't make any money and therefore maybe the study was not valid? I am sure that some sheriffs in Arkansas do make better money.

My feeling is that at least somebody did a study to 'see' what happens when a cow dies. I do not see paranormal organizations spending money to see what happens when a cow dies and it is left to the environment.

I am always 'chilled'; except for today that I spent cutting firewood. Firewood heats one many times over!

Old 10-19-2019, 11:04 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
If you read your post you were the first to mention a sheriff that does not live in Oregon. I was trying to respond to a post you made where you were implying that 'messy' is not a mutilation? So I gave a quote from Wikipedia that mentioned testing done by an Arkansas Sheriff's department. I quote again from that link:

""The hypothesis that natural phenomena account for most mutilation characteristics has been validated by a number of experiments, including one cited by long-time scientific skeptic Robert T. Carroll, conducted by Washington County (Arkansas) Sheriff's Department. In the experiment, the body of a recently deceased cow was left in a field and observed for 48 hours. During the 48 hours, postmortem bloating was reported to have caused incision-like tears in the cow's skin that matched the "surgical" cuts reported on mutilated cows, while the action of blowflies and maggots reportedly matched the soft tissue damage observed on mutilated cows. No explanation was made however, for the entire absence of any blood."

So then you come back and imply that Arkansas sheriffs don't make any money and therefore maybe the study was not valid? I am sure that some sheriffs in Arkansas do make better money.

My feeling is that at least somebody did a study to 'see' what happens when a cow dies. I do not see paranormal organizations spending money to see what happens when a cow dies and it is left to the environment.

I am always 'chilled'; except for today that I spent cutting firewood. Firewood heats one many times over!
Was the anus cored out in that experiment, or the reproductive organs removed? Just wondering.

Old 10-20-2019, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Was the anus cored out in that experiment, or the reproductive organs removed? Just wondering.
In that link it stated: "while the action of blowflies and maggots reportedly matched the soft tissue damage observed on mutilated cows".

Here is a link from the "Skeptoid" that goes into more detail: https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4456. It also mentions the one 'study' that was done in Arkansas. I wish that more than just this study was done to finally put these questions to rest. It would be great if the group of believers did their own testing to prove or disprove the results of this one test.

Old 10-20-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
In that link it stated: "while the action of blowflies and maggots reportedly matched the soft tissue damage observed on mutilated cows".

Here is a link from the "Skeptoid" that goes into more detail: https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4456. It also mentions the one 'study' that was done in Arkansas. I wish that more than just this study was done to finally put these questions to rest. It would be great if the group of believers did their own testing to prove or disprove the results of this one test.

It would be great if the group of believers did their own testing to prove or disprove the results of this one test.[/quote]

I suspect you would disavow it aswell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal