Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 11:16 AM

18,754 posts, read 17,982,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I know it doesn't mean that they don't exist, I was just pointing out, IF they (aliens/extraterrestrials) don't really exist, is that such a bad thing, life here on earth still goes on, right?
Your preaching to a crowd that is still listening to Mr. Rogers. They cannot envision a War of the Worlds where the common cold does not save humanity!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2019, 11:21 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,211,093 times
Quote:
Is it necessarily a bad thing that aliens/extraterrestrials don't really exist, I'm sure some will be disappointed, I guess.....
Just because there has been no contact with USA Intell - doesn't mean they don't exist.
Ask mediums - many have had contact. And many have printed the messages for decades.

Old 10-24-2019, 11:48 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,023,263 times
Quote:
I know it doesn't mean that they don't exist, I was just pointing out, IF they (aliens/extraterrestrials) don't really exist, is that such a bad thing, life here on earth still goes on, right?
Of course. Mine sure does, at least! I mean, I just got twin daughters started off in college, a 6'3", 230 lb autistic 15 year old boy to run after (& sometimes away from), another seven now-adult children (10 total) & their various dramas, a 78 year old dad to keep an eye on, a 63-year-old husband who fell off a two-story building last week & electrocuted himself with 480 volts yesterday (& is back at work today), grandbaby # 5 due in December & #6 due in July ... So I've got enough to keep me distracted & life is going on pretty darn fast whether I can keep up or not, lol.

I've just experienced being burned by trusting the 'experts' before, in matters that had a negative impact on me personally; so I'm sticking to my judgment, experiences & instinct on this one as well. It's fine with me that they don't believe/have no evidence that ET's exist. I suppose it would be different if I had reason to believe we were in danger & I felt my government were not being responsive enough but at this point in time, I feel no foreboding.

Old 10-24-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
^That is precisely correct. Of all the official documents released and people in the know who have 'fessed up, one thing is clear: The government knows that UFOs exist, but they are just as clueless as the rest of us. We must always keep in mind that UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object.
Exactly.

And there is NO secret that can be effectively kept by hundreds of individuals. Secrets & even conspiracies, to be effective; may only involve just a few, whose job it is to propagandize the mid-level 'experts' (think: Big Tobacco).

Propaganda is defined as not planting a belief but reinforcing it. Most 'authorities' who have mistakenly perpetuated a lie have done so unknowingly & with the best intentions. There cannot be a conspiracy involving multitudes; only a few.

They simply do not know. As you said; they have not identified the origins, so it's not even a lie at this point.

Old 10-24-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I wonder why there are so many classified documents relating to this subject then, most of the docs they have declassified are so heavily redacted, its pointless to release them,
I've read hundreds of them. Literally hundreds. I'm hyperlexic & read at the rate of 1,363 words per minute (last tested) & can easily read a 300-800 page archived report before noon.

Not one time have I EVER read a '.gov' report that came to a conclusion with actual evidence, regarding UFO/ET activity. Not one. In fact; most wind up concluding with more questions than what they started with, lol.

Tons of investigations with zero evidence that can support (or deny, for that matter); the existence of UFOs/ET. But remember; absence of evidence is NOT evidence of absence.

Old 10-24-2019, 12:29 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,240,414 times
I know talking about religion is a no-no is this subforum, so this might get heavy edited by the mods, but being a devout atheist, I've brought up the same exact thing about God/Devil/Heaven/Hell as I did with aliens/extraterrestrials.

If there is no God/Devil/Heaven/Hell is that really such a bad thing, I'm sure many people would be disappointed and upset, but life here on earth still goes on, right?

Old 10-24-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
I know talking about religion is a no-no is this subforum, so this might get heavy edited by the mods, but being a devout atheist, I've brought up the same exact thing about God/Devil/Heaven/Hell as I did with aliens/extraterrestrials.

If there is no God/Devil/Heaven/Hell is that really such a bad thing, I'm sure many people would be disappointed and upset, but life here on earth still goes on, right?
I feel like that has been before (negatively) & would be again; a game-changer for most populations & that would involve any belief system ever known to any & every society (not just 'modern' Christianity).

Anything bigger than us remains unidentified, as we are the identifiers of all that is beneath us. That's simply the order as I understand it right now & in that context; absence of evidence is not only NOT evidence of absence but that evidence may be forever unattainable to us one way or the other.

And I'm a questioner, not a Christian (or at least a good one), btw; so I am not an expert in either the pros or cons of such. It's more like my 'suspiscion' than it is my opinion.

Old 10-24-2019, 01:45 PM

18,754 posts, read 17,982,974 times
Quote:

I share your belief's. My fear isn't of aliens; but us creating our god or master. There is a lot of pressure on our military industrial complex to produce smarter and better robots and computers. If it is not our government another government will push the window. It's all about survival and the inventors could be the ultimate losers. We have computers today that are 'thinking'; maybe not as good as we think for the time being - but the day is coming. Of course there will always be the motivation to have them repair themselves and build more; we love cheap labor. Teaming greed with the quest for military superiority is a sure way to insure our destruction. Skynet is not that many years away!

Old 10-24-2019, 01:55 PM

15,630 posts, read 6,346,198 times
Did he find any evidence of intelligent life on Earth?

Old 10-24-2019, 03:38 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,759,432 times
They’re here in deep cover in Congress. Beware.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal