Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 08:45 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
As far as eating the homeless; do humans ever sit down and eat a meal large enough to be a whole person? If they could they could always get a free meal at the Texas Roadhouse steak challenge. A 64 ounce steak is nothing compared to a whole human being! The point that I am making is that there would be evidence; leftovers from any meal. We just spent days talking about cattle mutilations. A mutilated human would bring even more attention and speculation.

As far as roosting high in the trees; you do realize that most of the hardwood trees are loosing or have lost their leaves. It would be so easy to spot a man size bat in any tree without leaves. I know that you could argue that they roost in evergreen trees during the cold months. But most evergreen trees do not have the branches to support man size birds.

Our states conduct periodic safety inspections on bridges. One would think that sooner or later the inspectors and large birds would meet face to face.
Many of the sighting reports I read mentioned that people first saw this thing perched in trees, or on light poles, etc, so it must have been pretty easy to see them.

I doubt they eat people, probably roadkill or small animals, possums, raccoons, birds, rats. (Im assuming its carnivorous), interestingly, although many people have claimed to see this thing fairly close, Ive never seen anyone mention its 'teeth'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2019, 04:59 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Many of the sighting reports I read mentioned that people first saw this thing perched in trees, or on light poles, etc, so it must have been pretty easy to see them.

I doubt they eat people, probably roadkill or small animals, possums, raccoons, birds, rats. (Im assuming its carnivorous), interestingly, although many people have claimed to see this thing fairly close, Ive never seen anyone mention its 'teeth'.

Animals and birds do not live without consuming something. The larger they are; the more they consume. Birds use a lot of energy: (from Google if you ask the question) "Mandira P. Flying birds need a lot of energy to power their flight, so they tend to eat more. Flight muscles consume a lot of energy to propel the bird in air. Their basal metabolic rate is also high, hence they use energy at higher rate (compared to mammals).Jan 15, 2017"

If they ate roadkill somebody would see them eating roadkill; it is usually on the side of our roads. It isn't only that; but large birds need time to get off the ground. Some need a runway or their equivalent to a runway. From Google again if you ask the question: "To take off from land, great albatrosses need a long runway. They run into a head wind – the stronger the wind, the easier it will be. They can also launch off a cliff edge if the wind is blowing into the cliff.Jun 12, 2006" It would be very possible that these large birds would end up as roadkill themselves trying to get off the ground.

Many large birds of prey get killed on our roads every year. Their vision is focused on their target; their brains are doing all the calculations necessary to catch and kill their moving targets. What they do not see is the approaching car or truck.

Old 10-29-2019, 08:59 AM

2,452 posts, read 1,683,407 times
Has it ever been seen in the winter months? If it is bat like maybe it hibernates in the winter like some species of northern bats do.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:05 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,932,579 times
What do Chicago and Gotham City have in common? Perhaps it's just Batman fighting crime in Chicago rather than Gotham City for a change.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:36 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
Estimates of the minimum viable population (MVP) size for a species to avoid extinction range from 50 to thousands (depending on a lot of different factors). Assuming you have a large batlike creature whose MVP is at the lower end - there should be at least 50 of these things around the northwestern corner of Illinois. One bat creature isn't a population - less than the MVP is subject to extinction in the face of environmental stresses like disease, drought, fires, etc. So where are all the sightings outside the city of Chicago? And if they're only in Chicago where are 50+ huge bat things hiding out without being regularly observed in flight?

Old 10-29-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Estimates of the minimum viable population (MVP) size for a species to avoid extinction range from 50 to thousands (depending on a lot of different factors). Assuming you have a large batlike creature whose MVP is at the lower end - there should be at least 50 of these things around the northwestern corner of Illinois. One bat creature isn't a population - less than the MVP is subject to extinction in the face of environmental stresses like disease, drought, fires, etc. So where are all the sightings outside the city of Chicago? And if they're only in Chicago where are 50+ huge bat things hiding out without being regularly observed in flight?
I dont think anyone believes this thing is some natural animal, its either supernatural, or a product of genetic experiments.

Most people have described it as looking like the creature from the movie 'Jeepers creepers', but it doesnt wear clothing.

Old 10-29-2019, 10:48 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
I dont think anyone believes this thing is some natural animal, its either supernatural, or a product of genetic experiments.

Most people have described it as looking like the creature from the movie 'Jeepers creepers', but it doesnt wear clothing.
There is one more possibility and that it is a projected hologram. I found this YouTube video of some of the most advanced holograms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikuSPBZjkhw

While most of these technologies are not appropriate to produce large flying bat people; some could. That would be especially true of, on their countdown of the featured '10' number '2'. In number 2 they use the technology to promote movies and products. I have to wonder if any batman movies were going to be released at the time of some of the 'sightings'?

How do you like number '1' on their list that involves conspiracies?

Old 10-29-2019, 11:20 AM

5,527 posts, read 3,253,078 times
Quote:

Maybe they look like these pearly whites.

Old 10-29-2019, 01:27 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Well you just KNOW what I would say! So I won't. Ha.
Quote:

[b][i]My husband John (who’s a huge skeptic as we all know and doesn’t believe in stuff like this) was just driving home in the dark and he saw what he thought was a person running on two legs across the highway and then it turned into a giant blackbird and flew up & away. He swears it was running on two legs, then it was the biggest bird he ever saw, flying with long legs?
That.

Old 10-29-2019, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
There is one more possibility and that it is a projected hologram. I found this YouTube video of some of the most advanced holograms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikuSPBZjkhw

While most of these technologies are not appropriate to produce large flying bat people; some could. That would be especially true of, on their countdown of the featured '10' number '2'. In number 2 they use the technology to promote movies and products. I have to wonder if any batman movies were going to be released at the time of some of the 'sightings'?

How do you like number '1' on their list that involves conspiracies?
Well, if they were doing this to promote a batman movie, they did a very poor job...considering this thing is nothing like the character Batman...its more like dracula actually.

That video was interesting, I didnt know we had that type of holograms already, I wonder why we arent seeing advertisers using it yet? #1 was also interesting, do you know if Nasa really launched those 4 holographic satellites or is that the CT? I was guessing the CT was how they would use it, alien invasion, 2nd coming of christ, etc...?

*Im really thinking of that Dracula movie from the 90s (with Gary Oldman), the scene where he is an 8ft tall 'bat monster' standing in the girls bedroom, and shoots fire at a crucifix!!

Last edited by rstevens62; 10-29-2019 at 09:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal