Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 10:49 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times

Advertisements

This is related to 'unexplained/paranormal'.

Ive been reading a lot on the 'Dogman/ werewolf' cases recently, (if anyone wasnt aware, there are NUMEROUS sightings and encounters, some going back to the 1800s, all over the world). Type in 'Dogman sightings' in Google and prepare to be shocked!

As it relates to this topic though...There was an incident outside a local bowling alley parking lot back in 2008 in my area, its pretty similar to many other 'dogman' sightings, however in this case, the 4 witnesses actually filed a police report with the Erlanger, KY PD, and a police sketch artist rendered a drawing of what they described...(I can post the picture if anyone wants to see it), the picture is still accessible on the internet, however the encounter report can no longer be found.

I first saw it back in 2008 or 2009, someone had actually created a website about it, naming it 'the Erlanger Werewolf', and it had the full encounter details, which also included details of Erlanger PD retrieving security cam footage of 'something strange' running past a corner store that was right beside the bowling alley on the night it happened ( This detail I can confirm as one my best friends was a police dispatcher at the time).

I went to look for this report yesterday and it is gone, nowhere to be found, there are a few references to it when doing Google searches, but the actual encounter details is not available anymore. The website no longer exists either.

This is especially strange because there are plenty of other 'dogman' encounter sighting reports, including another one from my area in 2013, that are all over the internet, on numerous different websites devoted to cryptids...why would this one particular report be gone now?

Ive tried a few different search engines but not finding anything, does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next (maybe a search engine Ive never heard of)? Ive also tried searches using different word combinations, same results, nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2019, 10:52 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
NO everything I post is there long enough to hurt me anything a big shot posts wrong gets removed pdq

Old 12-23-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
NO everything I post is there long enough to hurt me anything a big shot posts wrong gets removed pdq
I could understand if it was deleted in one or two places, or a website being shut down, but for ALL traces of it to be completely gone? That is strange imo.

Old 12-23-2019, 08:10 PM

23,601 posts, read 70,425,146 times
Try entering the website name into the wayback machine (a.k.a. archive.org) and have it do a historical search for snapshots of the website.

Old 12-30-2019, 02:15 AM

239 posts, read 158,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I went to look for this report yesterday and it is gone, nowhere to be found, there are a few references to it when doing Google searches, but the actual encounter details is not available anymore. The website no longer exists either.
Try the internet archive https://archive.org/web/ you will need the original website address.

Old 12-30-2019, 06:30 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,763 times
It's possible that for some of the sites you're looking for, the domain expired and the person maintaining it decided not to pay for it anymore so it was deactivated. I used to have my own blog hosted on a website which I maintained for about 2 years. But I didn't want to have to pay for it anymore so I gave it up. But I can still get to see an archived version of it on the internet archive. It's definitely still there, but it's just a snapshot of the page and not the whole thing.

Old 12-30-2019, 08:08 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,760,657 times
Even the OP’s post about the wolfman in the Wisconsin forum mysteriously disappeared.
Personally, I find these things fascinating.
I don’t always believe them, but I’m willing to go on that ride for a while.

Old 12-30-2019, 09:40 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Google and many of the other search engines have drifted more towards politically correct. I do not get the same search results that I would have gotten ten or twenty years ago. Many times the search results are coming back with current news even when I ask them to look at an older time. I find it very frustrating that so many sites are goose-stepping to the same drummer and will not give me what I ask for.

So, I would think that the information has not vanished; it is simply that the internet guardians do not want to help you find that information. Plus they want to steer you in the direction they want you to look. Sounds like a great conspiracy to me!

Old 12-30-2019, 09:45 AM

4,942 posts, read 3,316,689 times
This is interest
ing to see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-5RZBKBl_A

Old 12-30-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
It's possible that for some of the sites you're looking for, the domain expired and the person maintaining it decided not to pay for it anymore so it was deactivated. I used to have my own blog hosted on a website which I maintained for about 2 years. But I didn't want to have to pay for it anymore so I gave it up. But I can still get to see an archived version of it on the internet archive. It's definitely still there, but it's just a snapshot of the page and not the whole thing.
Yes, I can understand a website going down over a period of years, due to lack of clicks or someone not paying for the domain, but with this case, it was discussed on numerous other boards, and the story was picked up by many other websites that list reports like this, whats strange is, there are reports prior to this incident and after, but the details of those are still accessible all over the internet...its only THIS ONE incident report that has seemingly been erased from the internet.

Maybe its because there was footage from the gas stations security cams involved, IDK, I would doubt that would be reason enough to erase it, but I never saw the video, however I know people who have seen it. One police sergeant made the comment that the guy in the footage had a 'messed up' face, and ALOT of hair.

The woman that was a police dispatcher at the time is one of my best friends, she is helping me with this in relation to the police dept, it wasnt that long ago, but so far, we are hitting nothing but brick walls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal