Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2019, 05:45 PM

1,161 posts, read 434,789 times

Advertisements

As someone who used to be a huge fan of the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise, I was surprised to have never heard of this before.

So in case it's not widely known, I thought this might be a good place to post this.
This is a quote from Wes Craven about the true story he read in the LA Times that inspired the creation of Freddy.

“I’d read an article in the L.A. Times about a family who had escaped the Killing Fields in Cambodia and managed to get to the U.S. Things were fine, and then suddenly the young son was having very disturbing nightmares. He told his parents he was afraid that if he slept, the thing chasing him would get him, so he tried to stay awake for days at a time. When he finally fell asleep, his parents thought this crisis was over. Then they heard screams in the middle of the night. By the time they got to him, he was dead. He died in the middle of a nightmare. Here was a youngster having a vision of a horror that everyone older was denying. That became the central line of Nightmare on Elm Street.”

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/wes-cr...freddy-krueger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2019, 10:07 PM

1,665 posts, read 973,674 times
I've read that somewhere before....

My wife and I love ghost hunting and horror. Several years ago I looked at ghost stories around our area. One that stood out like a sore thumb was a boy named Freddy Krueger died in a fire and he was buried near his mother. The story goes that at night, his grave would glow orange. Well....We went check it out. During the day because we were in a hurry to go see this grave, and had to find it first. Well we found his grave and did a little investigation. Lo and behold, there was a streetlight not to far. We decided to debunk it and say the glow was coming from the streetlight.

Now it's been a while since I've read the story. You can probably find it online, that's where I got it, the town is DeRidder, La.

I do believe there is a courthouse in that town that's supposedly haunted too.

And yes, the boys name was F.K.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal