Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 06:33 PM

23,563 posts, read 70,158,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I was on MUFONs website earlier reading about a mother whose son is apparently having physical and mental health problems resulting from what she claims are regular visits from alien visitors, she didnt mention the boy being abducted, but she was basically writing to MUFON or anyone, trying to get some help, she claimed she has contacted the FBI, as well as local and state police, (they told her they do not have the resources to help her).

I have no idea if her claim is real or not, but it did give me an idea to experiment with, that may result in some interesting replies or contacts, basically I would the same thing but tweeked a little bit and contact as many federal agencies as I could, giving my story and asking for help and/or advice....then sit back and see if anything happens, see if I start getting strange phone calls, strange cars parked on the street, etc etc.

OK, now its times for comments, suggestions, theories on what may result maybe? Im down for it, no worries!
You say that you are "down for it, no worries!" I will take you at your word.

That has got to be one of the most idiotic and immature "experiments" I have run across in a good while.

First - do you realize the cost to the public for such nonsense? Do you think the FBI and police are free and have oodles of extra time to follow up on crank and prank calls??? Did you think of how you are diverting focus and resources from things like... oh, I don't know... domestic violence, terrorism, human trafficking, drug and gang deal investigations?

Second - gee, I wonder what would happen AFTER such a prank report when a home invader came to your place and you were able to get out a breathless call for help??? "We have a call again from rstevens. There is a traffic accident on 3rd and Main involving a poodle, after that swing around to check it out."

Third - with the report on the books as public record, if you ever wanted to make a contribution to society by running for an office, being vetted for a job that required a security clearance, or work in a mental health setting, do you think it would improve your chances?

I make no comment on the woman or her child, other than you would do well to choose wiser role models.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2019, 10:08 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,514,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Filing a false report of the police about anything is a crime, yes.

Will they bust you on it? Depends. If you call 911 and say reptiloids from Thurgatron just landed a flying saucer on your lawn, they will most likely just ignore you. If the cops are bored and having nothing better to do, they might send over an officer or two to make sure you aren't on a bad trip or having a psychotic breakdown. If they determine that you have wasted police time on purpose by knowingly filing a false report, then yes, you probably will be prosecuted. I doubt you'll get shipped off to Super Max, but you'll likely be fined and might even get to spend the night in jail.

Bottom line: It's never a good idea to lie to the police.
I didnt say I was going to call police and report this, I was talking about CIA, NSA, NRO, etc.

Old 11-13-2019, 10:21 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,514,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
You say that you are "down for it, no worries!" I will take you at your word.

That has got to be one of the most idiotic and immature "experiments" I have run across in a good while.

First - do you realize the cost to the public for such nonsense? Do you think the FBI and police are free and have oodles of extra time to follow up on crank and prank calls??? Did you think of how you are diverting focus and resources from things like... oh, I don't know... domestic violence, terrorism, human trafficking, drug and gang deal investigations?

Second - gee, I wonder what would happen AFTER such a prank report when a home invader came to your place and you were able to get out a breathless call for help??? "We have a call again from rstevens. There is a traffic accident on 3rd and Main involving a poodle, after that swing around to check it out."

Third - with the report on the books as public record, if you ever wanted to make a contribution to society by running for an office, being vetted for a job that required a security clearance, or work in a mental health setting, do you think it would improve your chances?

I make no comment on the woman or her child, other than you would do well to choose wiser role models.
Just to be clear, I never said I was going to call police or FBI, and file a false report! I was thinking more along the lines of the intel. agencies...and if they actually do start showing up or contacting me, that would mean they do indeed take UFO related reports seriously.

My goal was to see if federal agencies take UFO reports seriously and if they are interested in investigating them, Publicly, they state they no longer have any interest in these reports and there are no active monitoring or investigations going on...Worst that could happen if I did this, would for them to tell me to contact MUFON or NUFORC.

Old 11-13-2019, 11:34 PM

6,917 posts, read 6,832,021 times
Quote:
Worst that could happen if I did this, would for them to tell me to contact MUFON or NUFORC.
The worst is not that. However I can see where you are coming from.

So the 3-letter agencies PUBLICLY deny they are interested, if you get interest from them, you will probably disappear before you can report it publicly AND no-one will believe you.

You will have wasted your time and effort. It will not achieve anything positive for the "disclosure movement" or whatever reason you might be doing it for.

Besides most people on here do not believe in aliens anyway...At least, thats what they say !

Old 11-14-2019, 04:42 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,470,324 times
Quote:
But they claim there is no current federal investigations into UFO reports...if I filed a fake one and it turned out they DO indeed look into these things and take them seriously, that in itself would be very significant.
1. You would have to give them something to investigate. I mean someone may interview you (But I do not think people open a case directly with the FBI. How do you plan to do that?) and then tell you something like "Well this is out of our jurisdiction", "we'll look into it" or "there really is not enough for us to go on, call us if this, this or this happen".

2. Is being a UFO a crime?

So just tell us HOW you are going to "file your report"?

Old 11-14-2019, 04:45 AM

Quote:
I didnt say I was going to call police and report this, I was talking about CIA, NSA, NRO, etc.
Specifically how?

Old 11-14-2019, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Just to be clear, I never said I was going to call police or FBI, and file a false report! I was thinking more along the lines of the intel. agencies...and if they actually do start showing up or contacting me, that would mean they do indeed take UFO related reports seriously.

My goal was to see if federal agencies take UFO reports seriously and if they are interested in investigating them, Publicly, they state they no longer have any interest in these reports and there are no active monitoring or investigations going on...Worst that could happen if I did this, would for them to tell me to contact MUFON or NUFORC.

Sounds like you are looking for Agent Penis.

Old 11-14-2019, 07:43 AM

22,893 posts, read 28,167,543 times
Quote:
Once you get settled in your cell, let us know how it went.

Old 11-14-2019, 08:22 AM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
I was on MUFONs website earlier reading about a mother whose son is apparently having physical and mental health problems resulting from what she claims are regular visits from alien visitors, she didnt mention the boy being abducted, but she was basically writing to MUFON or anyone, trying to get some help, she claimed she has contacted the FBI, as well as local and state police, (they told her they do not have the resources to help her).

I have no idea if her claim is real or not, but it did give me an idea to experiment with, that may result in some interesting replies or contacts, basically I would the same thing but tweeked a little bit and contact as many federal agencies as I could, giving my story and asking for help and/or advice....then sit back and see if anything happens, see if I start getting strange phone calls, strange cars parked on the street, etc etc.

OK, now its times for comments, suggestions, theories on what may result maybe? Im down for it, no worries!
I don't understand why you'd do the bolded. What would the point be? What would you be trying to achieve? And what's the bit about strange phone calls, seeing strange cars parked on the street, "etc."? I'm not following you; who would be making the phone calls and sending the cars, without identifying themselves? If you mean the agencies you'd contact, if they'd be responding to your report, they'd notify you of that.
Quote:
It sounds like you've watched too many James Bond movies and UFO abduction videos. This post tells me, you don't know what the NSA does. (One doesn't contact the NSA, btw, unless one is applying for a job there; ditto CIA. How would you even get a contact number? lol). The CIA also does not attend to domestic (i.e. within the USA) issues, usually; that's the FBI's domain. The CIA operates abroad. Where did you get the idea to contact the CIA and NSA--from reading Wiki on US national security services? lol

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 11-14-2019 at 09:19 AM..

Old 11-14-2019, 09:53 AM

46,892 posts, read 25,860,181 times
Quote:

Leaving the ethical and practical concerns aside, this is a really poorly designed experiment.

"sit back to see if anything happens" is incredibly vague - things happen, pretty much constantly. You're setting yourself up for confirmation bias. Do you currently have a solid data sets as to the cars parked in the street on a day-to-day basis? Because if you don't, you haven't even established a baseline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal