Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 03:06 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yeah, I thought about that after I posted! They would probably send a black SUV with tinted glass to park in front of my house, just to scare me!
Well since you do not even know how to "report it" to these agencies that is highly doubtful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2019, 03:10 PM

I get weird random phone calls at work because people do not know who to contact. If it is something I think is reasonable I will try to help them get in touch with the correct people or I will take information down and then try to find someone to contact them. It is not that unusual to get cold calls.

Take you for instance, you would not know who to contact or why so does it seem unreasonable that others may do the same thing with more legitimate and tangible questions and concerns.

Old 11-17-2019, 05:36 PM

12,836 posts, read 9,029,433 times
Quote:
Your lab gets reports of alien abductions all the time? Is that what you are saying?
Not everyday, but often enough to be a running joke among the staff. Seems to fluctuate through the seasons and depending on whether there's something big in the media going on. If you think about it, it's not really surprising. There are 350 million people in this country. Out of that many, there will be at least a thousand a year who want to report something. Usually they call the nearest FBI office, or if there's a military base/gov facility nearby, they call there. The calls usually go to Public Affairs. And then Public Affairs passes it on whomever they can think of that has a science background. Since our office has a bunch of no kidding rocket scientists, guess where the calls wind up.

And because it's a member of the public, we politely listen to whatever they tell us.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:35 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I get weird random phone calls at work because people do not know who to contact. If it is something I think is reasonable I will try to help them get in touch with the correct people or I will take information down and then try to find someone to contact them. It is not that unusual to get cold calls.

Take you for instance, you would not know who to contact or why so does it seem unreasonable that others may do the same thing with more legitimate and tangible questions and concerns.
I said that jokingly...If I really wanted to make the report, I feel fairly confident I know which agency to contact, ( NRO, and if they are not the agency that deals with UAPs, Im absolutely certain they know which agency does)

Old 11-18-2019, 04:52 AM

Quote:
I said that jokingly...If I really wanted to make the report, I feel fairly confident I know which agency to contact, ( NRO, and if they are not the agency that deals with UAPs, Im absolutely certain they know which agency does)
But you lack any and all specifics. You clearly have no idea how this all works. You do not just call 911N and get a dispatch center. Also you may be "absolutely certain" they know who would but that does not mean they do. This whole idea seems like it was made up by children that think they know how things work from watching comics and TV but do not.

Old 11-18-2019, 07:00 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,937,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
There are 350 million people in this country. Out of that many, there will be at least a thousand a year who want to report something.
I think a lot of them are now regular posters on Nextdoor. "I saw a lady in a car I didn't recognize drive slowly by my house. Everyone watch your children!"

Old 11-18-2019, 10:38 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1ljOcl39PQ

Old 11-18-2019, 12:44 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,937,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
They'd better keep their hands off me Lucky Charms!

Old 11-18-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
But you lack any and all specifics. You clearly have no idea how this all works. You do not just call 911N and get a dispatch center. Also you may be "absolutely certain" they know who would but that does not mean they do. This whole idea seems like it was made up by children that think they know how things work from watching comics and TV but do not.
Yes, I wouldnt expect to contact the NRO by calling my local 911 dispatch! LOL

Old 11-18-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
This was clearly a joke but if someone truly did see a small being that disappeared when a light was flashed on them, its certainly not a Leprechaun! (because Leprechauns do not exist)...but small aliens do exist....however in this case, Im betting it was a cat, possum or raccoon that they saw in the tree.

Even if you look back at Irish folklore, when they mentioned 'Leprechauns', its probable they were encountering aliens, there are 100s of old reports of people seeing aliens that resembled small dwarfs, elves, leprechauns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal