Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2019, 10:08 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,457,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, in some cases ive seen, after 'flares' are the official explanation, experiments were done using flares, but the witnesses claim it didnt match what they saw.
That does not mean they were not flares.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2019, 11:36 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,434,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
That does not mean they were not flares.
When I see flares that can make hard angle turns, complete stops and then accelerate in the opposite direction, I will then believe the flare explanation. LOL

Old 12-27-2019, 06:31 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,457,806 times
Quote:
When I see flares that can make hard angle turns, complete stops and then accelerate in the opposite direction, I will then believe the flare explanation. LOL
The flares do not do that. The cases that people say were flares, like the Phoenix lights, did not do that. You are so willing to believe what you wish why even discuss on a forum? You already know all of the answers.....

Old 12-27-2019, 03:46 PM

12,636 posts, read 9,142,776 times
Quote:
It is funny people are still chasing the same things over and over.

I posted this on here before:

https://www.metabunk.org/2004-uss-ni...e-flir1.t9190/

And here is a video going over what scientists think of these kinds of video's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82g0gZgptJ4
Any idea what the administrator of metabunk's (Mike West) credentials are? Is he an expert at interpreting FA-18 radar systems?

Old 12-27-2019, 04:48 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,166,544 times
Quote:
The flares do not do that. The cases that people say were flares, like the Phoenix lights, did not do that. You are so willing to believe what you wish why even discuss on a forum? You already know all of the answers.....
Now Now

Old 12-27-2019, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Any idea what the administrator of metabunk's (Mike West) credentials are? Is he an expert at interpreting FA-18 radar systems?
Keep in mind, the pilots saw the craft with their naked eye too.

I have no idea what 'Mike West' thinks about these things, but according to the DOD, the pentagon is VERY concerned with these things.

Old 12-29-2019, 03:07 PM

102,064 posts, read 106,967,400 times
Watching that first film in the OP makes me wonder how/why anyone ever came up with the "flying saucer" model of UFO's. Who needs a saucer when you have giant tic-tacs? And what's curious is, that people still claim to see "vehicles" of some sort up in the sky with rows of lights, flying-saucer-like. There's the video report by the Navajo Rangers, in which there were several individuals who reported rows of lights and one thing or another commonly associated with the flying saucer image. No one reported seeing flying tic-tacs.

I guess the flying saucers are from a different part of the galaxy, a different life from or civilization?

Old 12-29-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Watching that first film in the OP makes me wonder how/why anyone ever came up with the "flying saucer" model of UFO's. Who needs a saucer when you have giant tic-tacs? And what's curious is, that people still claim to see "vehicles" of some sort up in the sky with rows of lights, flying-saucer-like. There's the video report by the Navajo Rangers, in which there were several individuals who reported rows of lights and one thing or another commonly associated with the flying saucer image. No one reported seeing flying tic-tacs.

I guess the flying saucers are from a different part of the galaxy, a different life from or civilization?
Probably because Tic Tacs weren't marketed until 1968, and saucers have been around a long time. Roswell was in 1947, 21 years before Tic Tacs were a thing, so flying saucers were ingrained by then.

I suspect that if there are such things as UFOs (the extraterrestrial kind), they'll look a lot more like a Tic Tac than they do a flying saucer.

Old 12-29-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Keep in mind, the pilots saw the craft with their naked eye too.

I have no idea what 'Mike West' thinks about these things, but according to the DOD, the pentagon is VERY concerned with these things.
I think you probably understand my point though - Mike West is the adminstrator (and presumably the originator) of the metabunk.com site, and it appears to be a serious site. I was just wondering if West is trained and/or educated in the sciences to talk authortatively about the subject - is he a scientist or just some Joe Blow who tries to act like an intellectual? I have no idea.

I also don't know that the Pentagon is very concerned about such matters, other than what we see on the television shows, and most of that is entertaining but also mostly factually BS and speculation, and almost always highly sensationalized. There are some previously highly placed people like Podesta and maybe Hillary who think it's a real thing, but we've also got to remember that they put their pants on (or in Hillary's case, polyster pantsuits) one leg at a time just like you and I do.

Old 12-29-2019, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

the term 'flying saucer' was coined after one of the first witnesses to see one, described it as looking like 2 saucer plates stuck together,

Whose to say what the tic tacs would look at night, or what kind of lights they have on them?

There are numerous shapes of UFOs reported today, from circular, oval, tear drop, triangular, rectangular, square, cylinderical, donut shaped, are the most common ones. Who knows what the different shaped craft represent for that matter, maybe their technology advances too, and the old flaying saucer shape is out dated? Square is the last shape I would think of for an aircraft, but surprisingly there are many who see them. As far as mis identification, Im not sure what else would be square that man has up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal