U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 06:23 AM

15,393 posts, read 12,424,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The one I read had the pilot being interviewed and talking about what he saw from his vantage point, and they also played the audio of the radio communications between the plane and carrier.

I havent went back and read it again, but it seems like I remember one of the radar guys spotting strange behavior, and then it would pop up somewhere else, and it kept doing this as they got closer to it, and eventually they were close enough that the planes could be sent up to intercept.

I do recall the pilot taking about seeing a larger 'object' just below the waters surface and this tic tac was sitting right above the water (churning water up like it was being boiled).
The commander that was interviewed was talking about seeing an object he speculated was about forty feet long. His description of the event did not mention under water or shadows. He was also taking about making his first observations from 20,000 feet or just short of four miles away. I know from the Grand Canyon what a five foot long mule looks like at a mile away. It is no bigger than a small ant. The commander then said that he went down to 18,000 feet and at that time the object started to come up.

I just feel that you write a lot into these stories. You want to point us in only one direction. The very last thing you want to hear is a rational explanation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2020, 10:48 AM

13,453 posts, read 3,548,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The commander that was interviewed was talking about seeing an object he speculated was about forty feet long. His description of the event did not mention under water or shadows. He was also taking about making his first observations from 20,000 feet or just short of four miles away. I know from the Grand Canyon what a five foot long mule looks like at a mile away. It is no bigger than a small ant. The commander then said that he went down to 18,000 feet and at that time the object started to come up.

I just feel that you write a lot into these stories. You want to point us in only one direction. The very last thing you want to hear is a rational explanation.
https://www.history.com/news/uss-nim...-ufo-encounter

Two fighters were diverted to intercept one of the strange objects. When they first arrived on the scene, the pilots didn’t see any flying objects. But they did observe what the lead pilot, Commander David Fravor, later referred to as a “disturbance” in the ocean. The water was churning, with white waves breaking over what looked like a large object just under the surface.
Then they noticed one of the objects flying about 50 feet above the water. Fravor, the commander of the elite Black Aces squadron who was a Top Gun program graduate with more than 16 years of flying experience, described it as about 40 feet long, shaped like a Tic Tac candy and with no obvious means of propulsion: "It's white. It has no wings. It has no rotors. I go, 'Holy sh*t, what is that?'"

Old 01-03-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
https://www.history.com/news/uss-nim...-ufo-encounter

Two fighters were diverted to intercept one of the strange objects. When they first arrived on the scene, the pilots didn’t see any flying objects. But they did observe what the lead pilot, Commander David Fravor, later referred to as a “disturbance” in the ocean. The water was churning, with white waves breaking over what looked like a large object just under the surface.
Then they noticed one of the objects flying about 50 feet above the water. Fravor, the commander of the elite Black Aces squadron who was a Top Gun program graduate with more than 16 years of flying experience, described it as about 40 feet long, shaped like a Tic Tac candy and with no obvious means of propulsion: "It's white. It has no wings. It has no rotors. I go, 'Holy sh*t, what is that?'"
And he also stated that he was at 20,000 feet! Four miles away. What was his speed at the time of the observation? What if the disturbance was an enemy sub or even a sub in our fleet?

Granted that he is a decorated pilot with experience in many aircraft and in varied situations. I also believe him when he estimates the length of the object at forty feet from his experience in the air. It is just that you start reading in a lot of information that might or might not be true. I would like to know if these are eye witness observations or if he was looking at some kind of video amplification of the image; especially at four miles away. That distance bothers me, even for a trained pilot. Like I said, the Grand Canyon is a great way to bring it into perspective. Humans on mules on the floor of the Canyon, only one mile away from observers on the rim, look like very tiny ants. Even at forty feet long, at four miles, that would still look like a tiny ant. So how are they giving us so much detail?

Old 01-03-2020, 11:59 PM

Quote:
And he also stated that he was at 20,000 feet! Four miles away. What was his speed at the time of the observation? What if the disturbance was an enemy sub or even a sub in our fleet?

Granted that he is a decorated pilot with experience in many aircraft and in varied situations. I also believe him when he estimates the length of the object at forty feet from his experience in the air. It is just that you start reading in a lot of information that might or might not be true. I would like to know if these are eye witness observations or if he was looking at some kind of video amplification of the image; especially at four miles away. That distance bothers me, even for a trained pilot. Like I said, the Grand Canyon is a great way to bring it into perspective. Humans on mules on the floor of the Canyon, only one mile away from observers on the rim, look like very tiny ants. Even at forty feet long, at four miles, that would still look like a tiny ant. So how are they giving us so much detail?
Where are you getting that they only got as close as 4 miles away? I thought they were roughly in the same area at the time.

For him to be able to see water churning and something large just beneath the surface, he would have to be in the area, much closer than 4 miles.

Old 01-04-2020, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Where are you getting that they only got as close as 4 miles away? I thought they were roughly in the same area at the time.

For him to be able to see water churning and something large just beneath the surface, he would have to be in the area, much closer than 4 miles.
The commander's testimony is where I got the four miles. According to his testimony he was at 20,000 feet and the object was just over the surface of the water. He claimed that when he started to descend to 18,000 feet; then the object started to ascend. So that is where I get four miles, or to be more precise, four miles minus 1120 feet. You tell me how much you can see of a forty foot target at that distance?

Did you watch the joe Rogan interview the OP posted?

There is the possibility that the piolet had some kind of video enhancement/magnification that was locked onto the target? But I would have thought he would have mentioned it? That would not be the same thing as an eye witness account.

Old 01-04-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:
The commander's testimony is where I got the four miles. According to his testimony he was at 20,000 feet and the object was just over the surface of the water. He claimed that when he started to descend to 18,000 feet; then the object started to ascend. So that is where I get four miles, or to be more precise, four miles minus 1120 feet. You tell me how much you can see of a forty foot target at that distance?

Did you watch the joe Rogan interview the OP posted?

There is the possibility that the piolet had some kind of video enhancement/magnification that was locked onto the target? But I would have thought he would have mentioned it? That would not be the same thing as an eye witness account.
Hmmm, I will have to watch that video and compare it to other accounts.

Are you sure the Commander was not referring to the carrier (and not the fighters), when he said 4 miles is the closest they got? I could understand if they didnt want to get too close in the ships.

What do you think about the Navy coming out and admitting this video/audio footage was never authorized to be released to the public? What was so special about the video/audio, that they didnt want the public to see?

I would also like to know who it is, who makes that determination at first (whether they should restrict access to things like this), and what factors into their decision...If the tic tac was some kind of experimental aircraft or even a hologram, this person making the decision on access, would have to know that upfront, and whether or not it was involved.

Old 01-04-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Hmmm, I will have to watch that video and compare it to other accounts.

Are you sure the Commander was not referring to the carrier (and not the fighters), when he said 4 miles is the closest they got? I could understand if they didnt want to get too close in the ships.

What do you think about the Navy coming out and admitting this video/audio footage was never authorized to be released to the public? What was so special about the video/audio, that they didnt want the public to see?

I would also like to know who it is, who makes that determination at first (whether they should restrict access to things like this), and what factors into their decision...If the tic tac was some kind of experimental aircraft or even a hologram, this person making the decision on access, would have to know that upfront, and whether or not it was involved.
Why am I telling you about the interview? It was right at the beginning of this thread.

He did say that he started to descend and was at about 18,000 feet when the unknown craft started to ascend - but 18,000 feet is still over three and a half miles away. I am aware that one has to have very good vision to be in the Airforce; but how much can one see with great vision at that distance?

He also stated the exercise was about 100 miles from the carrier group if I recall correctly; but feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Listen to the interview!

Old 01-06-2020, 06:42 AM

5,007 posts, read 3,145,887 times
Quote:
Why am I telling you about the interview? It was right at the beginning of this thread.

He did say that he started to descend and was at about 18,000 feet when the unknown craft started to ascend - but 18,000 feet is still over three and a half miles away. I am aware that one has to have very good vision to be in the Airforce; but how much can one see with great vision at that distance?

He also stated the exercise was about 100 miles from the carrier group if I recall correctly; but feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Listen to the interview!
rstevens62/ocpaul: I am interested in extra terrestrials.

rstevens62/ocpaul: I do not have time to read articles about possible extraterrestrials.

Old 01-06-2020, 08:01 PM

81,043 posts, read 74,209,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
rstevens62/ocpaul:

Old 01-06-2020, 09:08 PM

4,087 posts, read 2,142,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
rstevens62/ocpaul: I am interested in extra terrestrials.

rstevens62/ocpaul: I do not have time to read articles about possible extraterrestrials.
They're not the same. "Extra terrestrials" would be an overage of terrestrials (presumably Earthlings), but "extraterrestrials" are beings from another planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or