U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-27-2020, 01:23 PM
 
13,719 posts, read 3,626,915 times
Reputation: 8887

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I don't know why they did not include MSNBC, CNN, and CBS?

By the way; what happened to Ball Lightening? You hear very little talk about it today. In the past it was linked to many UFO reports. I found this one YouTube:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XRzD-2iuGU
I think most of the hatred for the NY post and some other media outlets is only due to Trump and his antics, before he was elected the NY Post was a well respected news paper, they were not in the same league as the Star or Enquirer, etc...Now all the sudden, since Trump doesnt like them, they are 'fake' news outlets? Go figure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-27-2020, 02:15 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,549 posts, read 12,488,265 times
Reputation: 11722
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I think most of the hatred for the NY post and some other media outlets is only due to Trump and his antics, before he was elected the NY Post was a well respected news paper, they were not in the same league as the Star or Enquirer, etc...Now all the sudden, since Trump doesnt like them, they are 'fake' news outlets? Go figure!
They have been criticized since Murdoch took over in 1976 and that had nothing to do with President Trump: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Post. I quote: "The Post has been criticized since the beginning of Murdoch's ownership for sensationalism, blatant advocacy, and conservative bias."

When it comes to our newspapers there are only five corporations that control 90% of the news. So it is almost impossible to get fair and balanced reporting. One has to look a lot further than just the local tabloid or newspaper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 12:19 AM
 
13,719 posts, read 3,626,915 times
Reputation: 8887
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
They have been criticized since Murdoch took over in 1976 and that had nothing to do with President Trump: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Post. I quote: "The Post has been criticized since the beginning of Murdoch's ownership for sensationalism, blatant advocacy, and conservative bias."

When it comes to our newspapers there are only five corporations that control 90% of the news. So it is almost impossible to get fair and balanced reporting. One has to look a lot further than just the local tabloid or newspaper.
I agree with you 100%, we only hear what 'news' those 5 corporate entities want us to hear!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 06:17 AM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
5,049 posts, read 3,175,012 times
Reputation: 6145
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
They are dumbfounded when they find new solar systems, suns, stars, moons that can support life, and goldilocks zones.
Do you have a source for this? Because it seems at least some scientists are looking for these and are the only reason you even know these words, what they are and that people are looking for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM
 
13,719 posts, read 3,626,915 times
Reputation: 8887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Do you have a source for this? Because it seems at least some scientists are looking for these and are the only reason you even know these words, what they are and that people are looking for them.
I dont think this is from one of my posts???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 06:38 AM
 
Location: Falls Church, Fairfax County
5,049 posts, read 3,175,012 times
Reputation: 6145
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont think this is from one of my posts???
Sorry rstevens62, I was replying to frankrj and messed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:32 AM
 
13,719 posts, read 3,626,915 times
Reputation: 8887
Just read yesterday, the pilots and radar tracker were interviewed by Popular Mechanics, relating to this 'Tic tac' encounter.


Has anyone read it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 12:00 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,549 posts, read 12,488,265 times
Reputation: 11722
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Just read yesterday, the pilots and radar tracker were interviewed by Popular Mechanics, relating to this 'Tic tac' encounter.


Has anyone read it?
Here you go: https://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...investigation/.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top