Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 05:37 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times

Advertisements

Actually, religion could play a big part in the belief of Bigfoot. My own theory is this. If Bigfoot exists, it may not be a lost North American species of hominid but something else. Some think its an extra terrestrial or visitor from another dimension and that's why its never left behind any physical remains upon death due to its having superior technology. I think that's a stretch but Bigfoot being real is a stretch to begin with. But I like the encounter stories and believe that there is some basis of truth to some of them even if probably 90% of the researchers are just scamming. The reports and legends go back hundreds of years.
So where does religion play in? The stories of the Nephilim of the bible. The results of the union of fallen angels and man, the giants. Maybe these are giants or their descendants that were banished to the wilderness on the edges of human civilization and have supernatural powers or are of greater intelligence than man. No mere ape, but something else. If Bigfoot does exist, I think that may be the origins of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2019, 07:51 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Actually, religion could play a big part in the belief of Bigfoot. My own theory is this. If Bigfoot exists, it may not be a lost North American species of hominid but something else. Some think its an extra terrestrial or visitor from another dimension and that's why its never left behind any physical remains upon death due to its having superior technology. I think that's a stretch but Bigfoot being real is a stretch to begin with. But I like the encounter stories and believe that there is some basis of truth to some of them even if probably 90% of the researchers are just scamming. The reports and legends go back hundreds of years.
So where does religion play in? The stories of the Nephilim of the bible. The results of the union of fallen angels and man, the giants. Maybe these are giants or their descendants that were banished to the wilderness on the edges of human civilization and have supernatural powers or are of greater intelligence than man. No mere ape, but something else. If Bigfoot does exist, I think that may be the origins of it.
The problem with that theory is, that BF is generally not aggressive towards humans, If they were descendants of the biblical Nephilim, they would be bent on destruction and harming or killing humans, I dont think they would try to remain so elusive either.

The Nephilim believed themselves to be much greater than humans, I dont think any of their descendants would be hiding out in the woods!

Old 12-18-2019, 07:42 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
I agree with most you say. Researchers are not scammers. Where do you get this 90% stuff? Scammers are scammers no matter the subject.

You said: The stories of the Nephilim of the bible. How can they be these types? All over the world, we have reports for hundreds of years and no Christianity around.

Old 12-18-2019, 08:52 AM

101 posts, read 159,505 times
Quote:

Good post.

I believe similarly. There are many reports of bigfoot that also have corresponding experiences of orbs, ufo's, and other similar paranormal phenomenon that simply has to be accounted for and cannot be explained away. See the book "Hunt for the Skinwalker" for one such account. Their being some type of interdimensional being does explain why skeletal or other physical remains have not been found.

But from my research, I so far don't believe the Nephilim and the like from Genesis 6 are directly related to bigfoot of today. I think that was something else.

Old 12-18-2019, 09:17 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayne Cobb View Post
Good post.

I believe similarly. There are many reports of bigfoot that also have corresponding experiences of orbs, ufo's, and other similar paranormal phenomenon that simply has to be accounted for and cannot be explained away. See the book "Hunt for the Skinwalker" for one such account. Their being some type of interdimensional being does explain why skeletal or other physical remains have not been found.

But from my research, I so far don't believe the Nephilim and the like from Genesis 6 are directly related to bigfoot of today. I think that was something else.
Hold on, has anybody ever observed a Big Foot coming off a UFO? Almost every possible sighting has nothing to do with technology. Even if you wanted to credit little green men with transporting their pets around the galaxy; why would they do that? Maybe they want their spaceship to smell like a stable!

Also, as far as interpreting the biblical term "Nephilim" it reads more like 'they were the offerings of the sons of gods and daughters of men'. If you simply take it literally, instead of a race of giants, it could be the unfortunates chosen to be slaughtered as an offering to the gods. These old manuscripts were interpreted by people that had a vested interest in how they read. They are not the exact words from the original text because none of us could read them. Then we had translators that again interpreted those words; we really have no clue what the original writer/s meant. It is not strong evidence to support any theory. And as far as different religions repeating the same thing they had many years to possibly see the other's works.

If somebody writes a news report for tonight's news; half of us will disagree with that news. And that 'news' just happened. It was not written 2000+ years ago. I am not religious and I have stayed away from commenting on this thread. But to take this stuff seriously you are reaching a little too far. I have yet to see anybody find one corpse or skeleton of a Big Foot. Heck I would just like to see one tuff of hair that we could collect DNA from!

Old 12-18-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Hold on, has anybody ever observed a Big Foot coming off a UFO? Almost every possible sighting has nothing to do with technology. Even if you wanted to credit little green men with transporting their pets around the galaxy; why would they do that? Maybe they want their spaceship to smell like a stable!

Also, as far as interpreting the biblical term "Nephilim" it reads more like 'they were the offerings of the sons of gods and daughters of men'. If you simply take it literally, instead of a race of giants, it could be the unfortunates chosen to be slaughtered as an offering to the gods. These old manuscripts were interpreted by people that had a vested interest in how they read. They are not the exact words from the original text because none of us could read them. Then we had translators that again interpreted those words; we really have no clue what the original writer/s meant. It is not strong evidence to support any theory. And as far as different religions repeating the same thing they had many years to possibly see the other's works.

If somebody writes a news report for tonight's news; half of us will disagree with that news. And that 'news' just happened. It was not written 2000+ years ago. I am not religious and I have stayed away from commenting on this thread. But to take this stuff seriously you are reaching a little too far. I have yet to see anybody find one corpse or skeleton of a Big Foot. Heck I would just like to see one tuff of hair that we could collect DNA from!
Seems like I read something not long ago about a skeleton being found once, but it was long ago, like in the 1800s or earlier. I will try to remember and find out where I read that.

Old 12-18-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Seems like I read something not long ago about a skeleton being found once, but it was long ago, like in the 1800s or earlier. I will try to remember and find out where I read that.

Now we have the technology to test the soil from a grave even though we do not have the body: https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017...uman-occupants. The problem in the past has been that somebody said they found a large skeleton and then it was supposedly destroyed or lost. Now, if we know where somebody found something, it would still be possible to do the DNA testing and prove that it was either human or ?

Old 12-18-2019, 01:41 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:

Who made you God?

I have yet to see anybody find one corpse or skeleton of a Big Foot.

I know of plenty of evidence that researchers have a choice not to disclose to just anyone. We have learned that there is no benefit to do so. Just personal attacks and laughed at. I know people that have been visited by the FBI and HS. Many old salts have come to the conclusion that we have learned more than we wanted and need no more for the most part.

Meet me in Oklahoma and I will take you to a place that will change your mind.

Old 12-18-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Who made you God?

I have yet to see anybody find one corpse or skeleton of a Big Foot.

I know of plenty of evidence that researchers have a choice not to disclose to just anyone. We have learned that there is no benefit to do so. Just personal attacks and laughed at. I know people that have been visited by the FBI and HS. Many old salts have come to the conclusion that we have learned more than we wanted and need no more for the most part.

Meet me in Oklahoma and I will take you to a place that will change your mind.
You and your trip to Oklahoma; my state has more sightings than your state. Unless you don't believe that the BFRO information is correct? I am a part owner of 650 acres three miles back in the deep woods and I know that we have more forested acres in PA than you have in Oklahoma. I believe your state only has about 12 million forested acres and PA has 16.9 million acres.

The fact that you have no physical evidence speaks volumes about why us skeptics are so quick to not believe you. You talk about seeing them all the time and you cannot find one hair. For somebody that plays Dr. Doolittle with BF I would think you would at least take a pooper scooper! All you have to do is scrape up the dirt from one of their foot prints and submit it to the right lab and you win all of your arguments. But you would rather tell us that it is up to us to disprove BF when we have never seen one!

Nobody made me god; I also don't even believe in them!

Old 12-18-2019, 09:56 PM

Quote:
You and your trip to Oklahoma; my state has more sightings than your state. Unless you don't believe that the BFRO information is correct? I am a part owner of 650 acres three miles back in the deep woods and I know that we have more forested acres in PA than you have in Oklahoma. I believe your state only has about 12 million forested acres and PA has 16.9 million acres.

The fact that you have no physical evidence speaks volumes about why us skeptics are so quick to not believe you. You talk about seeing them all the time and you cannot find one hair. For somebody that plays Dr. Doolittle with BF I would think you would at least take a pooper scooper! All you have to do is scrape up the dirt from one of their foot prints and submit it to the right lab and you win all of your arguments. But you would rather tell us that it is up to us to disprove BF when we have never seen one!

Nobody made me god; I also don't even believe in them!
I dont think it would be that easy, lets say someone does come up with a feces sample and they claim it is from a Sasquatch, there is NO scientific test that is going to come back with results that confirm that...mainly because they would not know what it is to base it off of.

It may come back with results showing its human, or from the ape family, or 'some other known animal'.

The same problem would arise with a REAL Sasquatch hair, nail clipping etc (they do not know what constitutes 'real sasquatch results').

In other words, in order to CONFIRM a sample is from a real Sasquatch...they would first have to have a sample from a real Sasquatch.(something to compare samples against)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal