U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you enjoy a thread for only Bigfoot/Ssaquatch believer posts and another sticky thread for non
yes 6 42.86%
no 8 57.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2019, 05:29 PM

10,978 posts, read 10,682,009 times

Advertisements

Too much on your plate for me. Skip the whole idea. Go have a great Christmas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2019, 09:14 PM

15,270 posts, read 12,378,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I’m only allowed two stickies. I know we’ve seen forums that have more than two, but they might have special reasons. I’ve tried to have three, I was told to ditch one.

This is an experiment.

I cannot regulate who posts where. In the title he may request that skeptics not post, but if skeptics do post, the OP has to ignore them. All the normal rules apply. Rudeness is not tolerated. Off topic not tolerated. If someone wants to start another Bigfoot thread, that’s okay.

I didn’t wanna get into what’s going on in my real life, but I have on other forums. Nine months ago my husband of 36 years was diagnosed with a glioblastoma brain tumor, six months ago he died, from a seizure. His heart stopped.

And bless him, he was a hoarder, and I want to sell my house and move. And it’s all on me. So to put it bluntly, I do NOT have a great deal of time for a lot of pussyfooting around here. If I have a repeat of the great Bigfoot reporting debacle of 2016, where in a 24 hour period I had 36 reports to deal with and I WAS ON VACATION, people are not going to be happy with what I do.
I am very sorry to hear about your husband. Last year in September I lost my wife from cancer less than two months from our 50th. One month later my one sister had her husband shot and killed in the township office; he was a sewage inspector. Anyway I am familiar with loss and I wish you the best! I hope you have plenty of family surrounding you for the holidays.

Old 12-22-2019, 09:35 PM

12,340 posts, read 20,940,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I am very sorry to hear about your husband. Last year in September I lost my wife from cancer less than two months from our 50th. One month later my one sister had her husband shot and killed in the township office; he was a sewage inspector. Anyway I am familiar with loss and I wish you the best! I hope you have plenty of family surrounding you for the holidays.
Thank you.

Fish, I knew about your wife, but, wow! Sister’s husband. I hope she’s got people with her.

My therapist says I’m strong. I have moments where I fall apart, but they pass, and I keep chugging along.

As of right now, family is not here. They are home, where I hope to be next year. I have friends who are very busy. If I really need some support I can call and talk, but right now it’s just me.

And as weird as this is, I’m okay with it. If I needed the cavalry to come, all I have to do is ask. But, I really wanted one year of holidays alone, without the pull of family and the carousing of children. Don’t get me wrong, I really want that. I’m going back to my family and I’m going to embrace it and live it fully. But, and I think my sister may have put her finger on it, I went from my parents to being married. I’ve never stood on my own 2 feet by myself. I have no one to call to. I can do what I want, I can spend what I want with no consideration of anyone else except myself. I think I deserve a little selfish time.

Old 12-22-2019, 10:16 PM

8,204 posts, read 7,128,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Just one sticky thread. Don't have to post your BF stuff there if you don't want. You can still post in a non sticky thread.

I think we will get more posters if they don't get laughed at or have to read the denials.

I don't think having a sticky would work out to fit your personal ideals they way you're hoping - with no deniers, nobody laughing at you and interfering with conversations - because you too would be required to include yourself as one of the non-deniers, non-laughers, that is to say you would be required to practice what you're preaching here. I don't think you're capable of doing that. I'm remembering not too long ago somebody made some fairly lengthy posts here about their personal long time experiences and knowledge about BF, even answered all of your own questions and challenges that you put to them. Guess who was the one person who was the very most vociferous challenger, denier and laugher of all the other people who responded? Because it didn't fit with that poster's pre-determined ideals and 'special' experiences. Hmmm, Versatile? Yes, Versatile.

So I think there would be no difference between people posting to a sticky or posting to individual threads. It would all boil down to the same thing and the same kinds of challenges and denying and laughing. So what's the point? I think individual threads are more interesting and more open with less restrictions and rules for all responders no matter what their beliefs and experiences are.

Old 12-23-2019, 07:49 AM

I can see know how that won't work on this forum. TM would have to get people in line hourly.

I do know that were we to actually have to sticky threads of one believer and two nonbelievers.

Which one do you think would fill up first?

Old 12-26-2019, 06:23 AM

4,975 posts, read 3,127,454 times
Merry Christmas Versatile! I do not always agree with you but you are polite and I root for you!

Old 12-26-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Merry Christmas Versatile! I do not always agree with you but you are polite and I root for you!
Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR

Old 12-26-2019, 07:48 PM

26,595 posts, read 25,274,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
His "GOLLY Gerania..." wasn't polite. I've been around for too many decades to willingly shovel more dung.

Old 12-30-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
His "GOLLY Gerania..." wasn't polite. I've been around for too many decades to willingly shovel more dung.
As they say. "When it gets too hot in the kitchen."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal