U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you enjoy a thread for only Bigfoot/Ssaquatch believer posts and another sticky thread for non
yes 6 42.86%
no 8 57.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2019, 03:50 PM

10,969 posts, read 10,678,947 times

Advertisements

I would sure like it. A thread where you don't have to read what the skeptics say. Believers talk about many aspects of the subject. Skeptics just keep repeating the same thing. What value does that add after you do it many times? Sure skeptics create thought and conversation.

The skeptics can have a sticky thread where only BF nonbelievers can post. I wonder how that would work out?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2019, 04:18 PM

15,261 posts, read 12,374,287 times
This is what you have been saying all along; you don't want people to question you! If you are going to continue to claim that your seeing something, that most people will never see, somebody will question you - you cannot avoid it!

Old 12-20-2019, 02:32 PM

17,381 posts, read 21,417,161 times
I find the idea of any discussion where no one is allowed to disagree incredibly boring. That isn't discussion. It's indoctrination.

Old 12-20-2019, 09:20 PM

I am a member of many Facebook groups that are very interesting to read and they don't allow the format as around here.

We have a great time. I just pass through here occasionally. I come here to find out about a new person/place/thing/. I am retired.

What damage would it do to this forum or any one person to try it out for a couple of months?
TM the moderator will have to do the work.

Old 12-20-2019, 09:45 PM

201 posts, read 54,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I am a member of many Facebook groups that are very interesting to read and they don't allow the format as around here.

We have a great time. I just pass through here occasionally. I come here to find out about a new person/place/thing/. I am retired.

What damage would it do to this forum or any one person to try it out for a couple of months?
TM the moderator will have to do the work.
Personally I like to see both sides of a story instead of a biased one.

I would really like so see any evidence of your side besides the same exact type of stuff you just repost all the time. Do you have a link to any of the posts that you said you supplied proof in?

I would seriously love for bigfoot to exist but all the reason listed by a couple people here make WAY more sense on why it is highly unlikely.

Old 12-21-2019, 09:29 AM

OH well. Merry Christmas.

Old 12-21-2019, 11:05 AM

15,261 posts, read 12,374,287 times
Quote:
OH well. Merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas to you. But like the moderator has already stated, in so many words; it does not make a discussion if you only have one side! Even if you could drag in enough people to agree with you; you would still have to get it past the moderator and I do not think she will agree.

This has been our problem since the beginning. You want me to take you on your word without any evidence. I will never agree to those terms. Good luck with your quest; but I think it is doomed to fail.

Old 12-21-2019, 03:23 PM

18,897 posts, read 24,303,733 times
Quote:
I would sure like it. A thread where you don't have to read what the skeptics say. Believers talk about many aspects of the subject. Skeptics just keep repeating the same thing. What value does that add after you do it many times? Sure skeptics create thought and conversation.

The skeptics can have a sticky thread where only BF nonbelievers can post. I wonder how that would work out?
I voted yes...

if you don't get it then just have a thread of "bigfoot believers"
a thread for believers and don't have to read all the same ole boring "no such thing"

Old 12-21-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
I voted yes...

if you don't get it then just have a thread of "bigfoot believers"
a thread for believers and don't have to read all the same ole boring "no such thing"

Been there and done that.

Good point.

and don't have to read all the same ole boring "no such thing

Sorta like we are all sitting around a fire at night and talking BF stuff and some guys stand off to the side and interject their disbelief time and time after time. with a joke every now and then.

Old 12-21-2019, 07:22 PM

6,111 posts, read 2,709,324 times
I need dissenters to challenge me. I don't want to be wrong on something because I've been stuck in an echo-chamber.

For example; if it wasn't for Fisheye, I probably wouldn't really believe in Bigfoot. In fact, when I first argued with him I didn't actually believe in BF. I just felt bad for the people who did who did so I did the old 'pick the opposite opinion & try to argue that' trick. Oops, lol. Wasn't really prepared to learn something new but I did.

He motivated me to read hundreds of case reports. I am hyperlexic & that part was easy & I was able to identify patterns in the reports.

He is right about the lack of physical evidence. If I am going to state that BF is real; I have to have an answer to how is it alive? Eating, sleeping, moving, etc ...Is it above? Below? If it is real it must adhere to the same laws of nature that we do. Can I explain it's existence at a scientific level?

Can I incorporate the patterns into the science? Yes; actually. It is scientifically feasible for BF to be alive. There is a huge historical basis for BF. Understanding that the word 'BIGFOOT" was coined in the 1970's. Try searching archives for 'wild man' 'forest' 'hairy' 'giant' back as far as you can & the subject really opens up. I simply cannot fathom BF as alien. Nor primate. They are more like us than they are like anything else. If man can live, so can BF.

I wouldn't have taken it this far if everyone here agreed with me. I never would have found the Karst topography correlation that stopped a BF believers conference in it's tracks in September if they had. I shouldn't have been the one to find that. They should have but they didn't look because they hadn't been challenged to.

I understand the deal breaker is that at some point; some people just have blind faith in their government & I do not have that luxury.

That's why I debate on Respectful Insolence as an evil antivaxxer. If I stayed in the comfort of warrior-mamma FB pages that block dissenters I'll go soft. It would be too easy because It's so personal to me. My child died within 24 hrs of a vaccine. It's hard sometimes to stand my ground objectively. But if I can't what good am I?

No such thing as trolls. Just a challenge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal