U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2019, 01:14 PM

18,758 posts, read 55,889,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Clearly, there was at least one.

Cats tend to have similar preferences for sleeping spots, a fact which I have observed over a number of decades of having cats. I have also observed that cats generally tend to have similar mannerisms, neither of these things offers a single shred of validity to the idea that a random appearance of one cat is a reincarnation of another cat.
That is what your cats want you to think. Clever, these creatures.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2019, 06:54 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,893,439 times
Ghost cat. Definitely ghost cat.

It can get even weirder than that.

Old 12-22-2019, 07:40 PM

955 posts, read 273,025 times
In my former abode, I'd often hear a cat meowing. It was not my two cats, who refused to stay in this particular room, nor was it an outside cat. Sounded like it was hiding beneath the sofa, which made me look behind it the first few times I heard the plaintive meow. It sounded like it was trying to get my attention but it also was faint, almost like a cat's whisper. Never heard it again once my female cat passed and her brother ran away. Before we moved out, I learned the old woman who had lived in the house for decades, had a few cats that died there (she herself passed away in a nursing home).

Old 12-23-2019, 03:08 AM

10,130 posts, read 22,530,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I'm w/ ocpaul20! After calling my SO to come first, then we would have BOTH lifted the covers together.

But that's one of the oddest things I've ever heard.

Just out of curiosity, did your cat who passed like to lay under the covers in that bed a lot? Where in the house did she die (or did she die at the vet)?

She was always getting under the blankets. When I would sit on the couch with a blanket, she would worm her way under and get on my lap or snuggle up by me. In bed, she would always magically appear under the blankets between both of us. She was always under something somewhere.

Old 12-23-2019, 03:14 AM

10,130 posts, read 22,530,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screenwriter70 View Post
In my former abode, I'd often hear a cat meowing. It was not my two cats, who refused to stay in this particular room, nor was it an outside cat. Sounded like it was hiding beneath the sofa, which made me look behind it the first few times I heard the plaintive meow. It sounded like it was trying to get my attention but it also was faint, almost like a cat's whisper. Never heard it again once my female cat passed and her brother ran away. Before we moved out, I learned the old woman who had lived in the house for decades, had a few cats that died there (she herself passed away in a nursing home).

The afternoon we came back from the vet, having to take her there to cross over, right away, I could hear very faint meowing coming from the floor, and the other kitty was upstairs. I kept looking down and thinking, it's her. I think she wondered why we couldn't see her.

Old 12-23-2019, 09:11 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,974,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
My GF has a cat that is a "do over." She had an older black cat that had been with her through thick and thin for years. It got cancer and had to be euthanized. About four months later this little black cat who was only about two months old walks up on her porch and engages her. They bond, the cat becomes a house cat, and takes the exact same sleeping spots and exhibits the same mannerisms as the cat that died. The other cats in the house seemed to recognize it. This is an area where there are no feral cats, nor random kittens appearing on porches.
Wow.

Old 12-23-2019, 09:32 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,974,781 times
Ok...one of my stories ...short as I can...so my cat vanishes. Gone for days - I tell my neighbor, "I can
just picture it, Tues night someone around midnight found him and he's trapped inside somewhere."
Night 3 I fall asleep with TV on so there is light and there he is walking on my bed to his bed with
a black smudge on his head, (Not really)-- I doze back off...then, open my eyes, he's not there.
9 days go by. Someone responds to a sign. He's 400 ft away, for Pete's sake locked inside.
I ask, 'By any chance did he have dirt on his head when you found him?'
'Yes, a grease smudge from a car... I found him at 11:30 pm Tues.'
So his little astral body came home.

Old 12-23-2019, 11:53 PM

13,214 posts, read 3,481,875 times
An ex girlfriend of mine, her mother had a older kind of overweight cat, she had him since he was a baby, one day he manages to get out of the door and she cannot find him for days, she posted signs in the neighborhood and on FB, with a picture, so everyone would know what it looked like.

A few days later, she gets a call from someone 2 states over (GA), they had found her cat there hanging around some other cats, still hads its collar on with name tag, they ID'd the cat thanks to the RF chip implanted. The cat was clean, not lost any weight and was acting normal.

She drove down to get the cat right away and to this day, she has no idea how that cat ended up so far away and it being in the same condition it was when it left. We have talked about it a few times and the only thing that she thinks makes any sense, is that someone found the cat walking in her neighborhood, picked it up and then drove to GA, but the cat got loose somehow when they got there...this doesnt really make sense to me though.

Old 12-24-2019, 10:31 AM

714 posts, read 398,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
She drove down to get the cat right away and to this day, she has no idea how that cat ended up so far away and it being in the same condition it was when it left. We have talked about it a few times and the only thing that she thinks makes any sense, is that someone found the cat walking in her neighborhood, picked it up and then drove to GA, but the cat got loose somehow when they got there...this doesnt really make sense to me though.
Sometimes I wonder if cats can teleport. My cat will be sitting
across the room. I turn around for a few seconds and when
I look again, she's right in front of me.

Old 12-24-2019, 01:33 PM

80,924 posts, read 73,981,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
My GF has a cat that is a "do over." She had an older black cat that had been with her through thick and thin for years. It got cancer and had to be euthanized. About four months later this little black cat who was only about two months old walks up on her porch and engages her. They bond, the cat becomes a house cat, and takes the exact same sleeping spots and exhibits the same mannerisms as the cat that died. The other cats in the house seemed to recognize it. This is an area where there are no feral cats, nor random kittens appearing on porches.
This is a great story! Thanks for sharing! I've heard stories kind of like this, about little grandchildren being a recycling of a parent who died young, or a 2nd child being a do-over of a first-born who died in childhood of some fatal medical condition. (These do-overs happen to humans, as well as cats.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal