U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2019, 04:32 PM

10,130 posts, read 22,530,625 times

Advertisements

About 45 minutes ago, I went upstairs to my office to get something and noticed the daybed had a big lump under the top blanket that was not there this morning. Our one and only cat was in my husbands office. So I go and look at the lump, which is the size of a cat and then I touched it. It felt like a solid cat under there. So it freaked me out, and I called my husband in the room for him to touch it. He did. Same result. He then stepped back and stared at it like I was doing. Then he took both hands and pressed down on the cat lump, which he said felt like a cat, and it dissipated back to blankets again. And that astonished him.

That was so weird, and usually, the weird things happen after dark, around 3am or so. It's been 1 year and almost 3 months since our other kitty crossed over. She lived her entire life in this house, and even though I think it was her, it's just really freaky.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2019, 06:51 PM

13,214 posts, read 3,481,875 times
Was the area cold?

Old 12-21-2019, 12:06 AM

3,292 posts, read 3,411,745 times
Why didnt you look under the blanket at what caused the 'kitty-lump' ?

Yes, very strange.

Old 12-21-2019, 02:26 AM

10,130 posts, read 22,530,625 times
It's always cold in my house, some places more than others. North facing, we freeze in the winter and roast in the summer. One thing I notice when it gets rather ghostly in our house, it gets extra warm and kind of stifling. Not cold like most people experience. So I wonder about that too. This time it was not warm though.

As to why I did not look under the blanket for the invisible cat, because it scared me. I wasn't sure what would be there, because our only cat was in the next room over, so it wasn't her. We all have our moments when we wimp out This was one of them.

Old 12-21-2019, 07:54 PM

6,073 posts, read 8,549,360 times
I'm w/ ocpaul20! After calling my SO to come first, then we would have BOTH lifted the covers together.

But that's one of the oddest things I've ever heard.

Just out of curiosity, did your cat who passed like to lay under the covers in that bed a lot? Where in the house did she die (or did she die at the vet)?

Old 12-21-2019, 10:27 PM

80,924 posts, read 73,981,605 times
It sounds like your deceased kitty came back to pay you a visit.

Old 12-22-2019, 06:49 AM

18,891 posts, read 24,303,733 times
if you see a human body form....don't rip off the covers...maybe you have a bed cemetary

Old 12-22-2019, 07:04 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,974,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
.As to why I did not look under the blanket for the invisible cat, because it scared me.
I wasn't sure what would be there, because our only cat was in the next room over, so it wasn't her.
We all have our moments when we wimp out This was one of them.
I understand totally.
From my experience, yup, it was your other sweet kittie.
Not to get into my stories - they live most of their time on the astral plane (while sleeping),
lol, they kinda don't know the difference. They're so funny.
I'm not surprised your kittie made itself 'solid' visiting. They are amazing little things.
So cute how they don't have that 'curtain' between worlds like humans can.
My take.

Old 12-22-2019, 08:50 AM

18,758 posts, read 55,889,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I understand totally.
From my experience, yup, it was your other sweet kittie.
Not to get into my stories - they live most of their time on the astral plane (while sleeping),
lol, they kinda don't know the difference. They're so funny.
I'm not surprised your kittie made itself 'solid' visiting. They are amazing little things.
So cute how they don't have that 'curtain' between worlds like humans can.
My take.
My GF has a cat that is a "do over." She had an older black cat that had been with her through thick and thin for years. It got cancer and had to be euthanized. About four months later this little black cat who was only about two months old walks up on her porch and engages her. They bond, the cat becomes a house cat, and takes the exact same sleeping spots and exhibits the same mannerisms as the cat that died. The other cats in the house seemed to recognize it. This is an area where there are no feral cats, nor random kittens appearing on porches.

Old 12-22-2019, 12:24 PM

5,740 posts, read 6,963,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
... This is an area where there are no...random kittens appearing on porches.
Clearly, there was at least one.

Cats tend to have similar preferences for sleeping spots, a fact which I have observed over a number of decades of having cats. I have also observed that cats generally tend to have similar mannerisms, neither of these things offers a single shred of validity to the idea that a random appearance of one cat is a reincarnation of another cat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal