U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2019, 10:57 PM

18,758 posts, read 55,889,829 times

Advertisements

A little background is in order. I was managing a movie theatre when the original release of "Star Wars: A New Hope" was released. My theatre was the only one in a hundred miles showing it, and it was packed. Overall, the experience was hectic but enjoyable. I also ran the other two episodes of the original trilogy. We knew early on at the theatre that Lucas had planned for a total of nine episodes in the story arc, and once I had seen Episode IV I was hungry to see what the full series would be like. At some point around the time of my leaving that theatre, I was gifted with a hand crafted slab pottery model of the theatre as a memento, with Star Wars showing on the marquee. Inside the model is a music box that plays the Star Wars theme when the spring to it is wound up.

Fast forward from the 1970s to today. That music box has been sitting on top of my pie safe for months, undisturbed and most certainly unplayed. I have no pet and the pie safe is fully visible as I sit in my main room in an area with no breezes or forced air vents nearby. I had been wondering this afternoon whether to make the thirty mile drive to see the latest and last episode of the planned nine episodes today, but was not happy with the rainy weather and dark, and was considering bagging the idea and seeing it sometime later. As I was deciding that, the music box - which has been silent for ages, and never before done anything unusual - began playing the Star Wars theme.

I was initially confused, as I have another music box which has spontaneously started playing on a couple of occasions, but that one is tucked away in a different room. I finally got up and looked on top of the pie safe and smiled.

I just returned from the movie, and there is a sense of completion of that longing that I had in the 1970s, to be able to see all the episodes.

Random co-incidence? That it would start playing, when it hadn't been used for years, and exactly at the point when I was considering staying home? That thought was at most three minutes. How many random three minutes are there in over forty years?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2019, 11:24 PM

13,214 posts, read 3,481,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
A little background is in order. I was managing a movie theatre when the original release of "Star Wars: A New Hope" was released. My theatre was the only one in a hundred miles showing it, and it was packed. Overall, the experience was hectic but enjoyable. I also ran the other two episodes of the original trilogy. We knew early on at the theatre that Lucas had planned for a total of nine episodes in the story arc, and once I had seen Episode IV I was hungry to see what the full series would be like. At some point around the time of my leaving that theatre, I was gifted with a hand crafted slab pottery model of the theatre as a memento, with Star Wars showing on the marquee. Inside the model is a music box that plays the Star Wars theme when the spring to it is wound up.

Fast forward from the 1970s to today. That music box has been sitting on top of my pie safe for months, undisturbed and most certainly unplayed. I have no pet and the pie safe is fully visible as I sit in my main room in an area with no breezes or forced air vents nearby. I had been wondering this afternoon whether to make the thirty mile drive to see the latest and last episode of the planned nine episodes today, but was not happy with the rainy weather and dark, and was considering bagging the idea and seeing it sometime later. As I was deciding that, the music box - which has been silent for ages, and never before done anything unusual - began playing the Star Wars theme.

I was initially confused, as I have another music box which has spontaneously started playing on a couple of occasions, but that one is tucked away in a different room. I finally got up and looked on top of the pie safe and smiled.

I just returned from the movie, and there is a sense of completion of that longing that I had in the 1970s, to be able to see all the episodes.

Random co-incidence? That it would start playing, when it hadn't been used for years, and exactly at the point when I was considering staying home? That thought was at most three minutes. How many random three minutes are there in over forty years?
Wow, that is eerie.

I saw it today (not impressed with the ending).

Old 12-22-2019, 06:59 AM

18,897 posts, read 24,303,733 times
funny how things happen ….but we seem to know what they mean

Old 12-23-2019, 05:04 AM

3,292 posts, read 3,411,745 times
Truly an unexplained mystery and maybe even paranormal.

Old 12-23-2019, 12:21 PM

8,200 posts, read 7,126,500 times
Harry, it's called synchronicity when that kind of thing happens. It's not just random coincidence, it's a real thing and happens to lots of people. Sometimes people don't notice it when it happens, other times it is noticeable.

To quote one of the definitions of it: Synchronicity is the simultaneous occurrence of events which appear significantly related but have no discernible causal connection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity

more: https://www.google.ca/search?source=...=1577124784893

Old 12-23-2019, 10:20 PM

26,588 posts, read 25,267,857 times
I have no idea why, but things like that have always happened to me. Go to the movie. You most likely won't hear anything more about it. I never did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or