Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2019, 01:14 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,961,204 times

Advertisements

So I did a podcast interview and I noticed starting around the 53:00 mark I could hear what I thought were initially just sound pollution issues. We didn’t hear anything as we were talking. As it went on it began to sound more like a whisper coming through. Initially soft and short. At one point I say “hey listen it’s delicious I love it” and the whisper comes in loud at 55:43 right as I finish talking. It literally sounds like Parseltongue from Harry Potter. Not joking. It can also be heard clearly at 53:47 , 54:53-55:55..

Can anyone make out words to what it’s saying? If any? It’s very bizarre and being as I was alone during the interview there’s no reason it should be there. It comes in again later on into the interview. I’m not sure I heard it before the 53:00 mark but definitely after

https://youtu.be/hkwix7oDnRE

Last edited by Sweetbottoms; 12-23-2019 at 01:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2019, 08:29 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
I can distinctly hear it but not well enough to make out words. I replayed and listened several times but I don't think there are actual words. I know it "sort of" sounds like somebody whispering but it sounds like an electronic vibration to me, not like a human voice. It seems to happen mostly when the man is talking and coincides with the space in between words when he is pausing to take a breath in or out or else when he has said something in an exclamatory fashion and then there is an echo immediately after. So I think it is either some kind of electronic interference on his end or whatever kind of receiver he is speaking into is sensitive enough to pick up on his breathing which is causing a distorted background sound very much like whispery echoes. He also might have had some other equipment or audio going on quietly making noises in the background and his receiver was sensitive enough to pick that up too.

We used to hear stuff exactly like that coming across the airwaves on 2 band AM/FM transistor radios in the 1950's and 60's before they became more fine tuned and also when we were using rotary landline telephones that were on party lines. You could pick up the phone's hand set and just listen to the dial tone when there was nobody else on the party line and you'd hear whispering or chattering sounds in the background noise over the dial tone. But all it really was was just oscillating vibrational sounds travelling down the wires or over the air waves.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal