U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-26-2019, 09:28 AM
 
13,431 posts, read 3,543,521 times
Reputation: 8735

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
Did you ever hear of a woman named Helene Hadsell? She was famous for winning just about every contest she ever entered. Won a house, trips, all kinds of stuff. Basically she decided what she wanted, visualized it, expected it, and then claimed it. There are videos on youtube of interviews with her. Interesting to watch. I don't enter contests so haven't tried this myself as I'm not into lotteries or contests. That is not my thing. But sometimes I wonder...
Never heard of her, but I will do some reading.


I was told once that if I TRULY and deeply believed I was going to win the lottery, it would happen, but the fact is, I may say I believe it...but deep down, I know the odds and do not TRULY believe it will happen, and this is why I havent won.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-26-2019, 10:23 AM
 
Location: USA
683 posts, read 124,954 times
Reputation: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Never heard of her, but I will do some reading.


I was told once that if I TRULY and deeply believed I was going to win the lottery, it would happen, but the fact is, I may say I believe it...but deep down, I know the odds and do not TRULY believe it will happen, and this is why I havent won.
Nodding. I think belief is good for some things and worth working with but for the lottery, nah. I don't even play it cause I figure its like throwing the money out the window.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2019, 10:43 AM
 
5,272 posts, read 8,276,683 times
Reputation: 3305
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Thats true, but people do win sometimes, in fact numerous people have won the big, multimillion jackpots over the years.
LOL! I said that as a humorous illustration of how such a scenario could be compounded as an "explanation" for why a given person doesn't hit the jackpot. True, there have been people who have won the jackpot. I think the largest lottery jackpot won by a single individual was somewhere around $1.2 billion. However, if a winner chooses a single payout, the amount is cut in half, bringing it down to about $600 million. And jackpot winners don't get a penny of it before taxes are deducted, which is another significant decrease. That said, a winner would still end up with a staggering fortune. True, someone will win, but the odds are overwhelmingly
against any specific individual walking off with the prize. Odds of winning Mega Millions is 1 in 302.6 million. Odds of winning Powerball is 1 in 292.2 million. You can be sure that the vast majority of people who buy a ticket are all hoping and wishing to be the big money winner, or at least a smaller prize of a few thousand dollars. Everyone wants to win, but as it was said in Highlander, "There can be only one," at least in terms of any single individual walking off with the prize. Sometimes, several people have the right combination of numbers, in which case the jackpot is split among them.

The point is that there are better odds of being in a plane crash, being struck by lightning, or being killed by a pickup truck. Sometimes such things can and do happen. But as for mentally wishing to have such a thing to intentionally happen to kill someone else, by the power of the mind, you'd have better odds at winning the lottery. Sometimes people die from being hit by an oncoming pickup truck. Sometimes it can be someone a person hates and wishes would die. Did the person die because someone else intentionally willed it to happen? If such a thing were possible to do, then countless numbers of people would be dropping dead because someone dreamed it would happen. Further, if a person could indeed intentionally kill someone just by thinking about it, the "thinker" would essentially be guilty of being a murderer, even if the other person deserved it. Killing in self defense is justifiable. Killing intentionally is murder. It doesn't mean a person wouldn't want to do that. It's that we have to restrain ourselves from intentionally taking such action into our own hands. Wrong doing is never made right by committing another wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2019, 11:13 AM
 
Location: State of Transition
81,039 posts, read 74,189,372 times
Reputation: 80787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cethtot View Post
There was such a person - Alexander Glaz. He has developed methods for separating an energy clot from a person, transferring consciousness into him and directing him into space or in time forward or backward, at any time. Everything is available on the web. Hi received this information as a student, having made contact with the Extraterrestrial Forces. He shared the techniques with the then KGB of the USSR.
Spoiler
http://www.x-intellect.org/wiki/index.php?title=X_-_%D0%98%D0%9D%D0%A2%D0%95%D0%9B%D0%9B%D0%95%D0%9A% D0%A2

+


In Russian. Alexander recruited and led the group in Toronto, about 10 people.
Where does he teach this stuff? The past life viewing course sounds interesting. The rest of it sounds dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2019, 11:16 AM
 
Location: State of Transition
81,039 posts, read 74,189,372 times
Reputation: 80787
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Never heard of her, but I will do some reading.


I was told once that if I TRULY and deeply believed I was going to win the lottery, it would happen, but the fact is, I may say I believe it...but deep down, I know the odds and do not TRULY believe it will happen, and this is why I havent won.
There was a guy profiled in the newspaper in NM, where I live. Lots of Indian casinos around here. He was able to intuit when any machine he passed by was about to pay out. Mostly, he would tip off the elderly players, suggesting someone switch to the machine next to them, or something like that, just before they'd hit the jackpot. Of course eventually, he was banned from the businesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2019, 05:18 PM
 
Location: In a vehicle.
5,566 posts, read 3,532,073 times
Reputation: 9248
I have had "Whispers" at various times.

First time was in 1985 I was driving Mom to work, dropped her off and then the numbers 345 came to me.
I had $20 in my pocket, but decided to not go buy any tickets. That night 345 came up. Even $10 would have been $5,000

Years later I felt the number 12 would be the powerball number. So I got $40 and filled out the slips for the lottery. Number 12 was the powerball for sure. I won $300 off $40 which I wasn't happy with as I surely felt I should have won the lottery!

I have had dreams that were....close....to what happened. One time stopped at a restaurant and I commented to the others "A train should be coming by in 5 minutes" sure enough it did. I said "I had a dream" but that was it. I did not forsee the tire blowout we'd have 3 miles down the road...

I have heard of people who were born with the sac on them, it's supposed to be a sign they can predict the future. So far as it goes, I have seen people predict the future closely, but just off a bit so one might say "Well, it's a good guess"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2019, 05:53 PM
 
192 posts, read 34,928 times
Reputation: 60
s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
I have had "Whispers" at various times.

First time was in 1985 I was driving Mom to work, dropped her off and then the numbers 345 came to me.
I had $20 in my pocket, but decided to not go buy any tickets. That night 345 came up. Even $10 would have been $5,000

Years later I felt the number 12 would be the powerball number. So I got $40 and filled out the slips for the lottery. Number 12 was the powerball for sure. I won $300 off $40 which I wasn't happy with as I surely felt I should have won the lottery!

I have had dreams that were....close....to what happened. One time stopped at a restaurant and I commented to the others "A train should be coming by in 5 minutes" sure enough it did. I said "I had a dream" but that was it. I did not forsee the tire blowout we'd have 3 miles down the road...

I have heard of people who were born with the sac on them, it's supposed to be a sign they can predict the future. So far as it goes, I have seen people predict the future closely, but just off a bit so one might say "Well, it's a good guess"

What if the reason why people with this ability don't win the lottery is because their gift is not meant to be used this way like Phoebe from Charmed and this is why people don't get premonitions to win the lottery because it's not given to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2019, 08:11 PM
 
5,272 posts, read 8,276,683 times
Reputation: 3305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzui View Post

What if the reason why people with this ability don't win the lottery is because their gift is not meant to be used this way like Phoebe from Charmed and this is why people don't get premonitions to win the lottery because it's not given to them.
If that was the reason, then it begs the questions: Who is the gift giver that makes the rules and decides how a premonition ability is meant to be used? Who gets the ability? And who doesn't?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2019, 12:00 AM
 
13,431 posts, read 3,543,521 times
Reputation: 8735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzui View Post
s


What if the reason why people with this ability don't win the lottery is because their gift is not meant to be used this way like Phoebe from Charmed and this is why people don't get premonitions to win the lottery because it's not given to them.
I dont think it would matter, its still the same kind of thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2019, 06:05 AM
 
Location: USA
683 posts, read 124,954 times
Reputation: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
If that was the reason, then it begs the questions: Who is the gift giver that makes the rules and decides how a premonition ability is meant to be used? Who gets the ability? And who doesn't?
Or... we all have it but there are those that pay attention to it and those who miss the boat entirely cause they might view it as crazy nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top