U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2019, 06:42 AM

192 posts, read 34,928 times

Advertisements

Would you say that I got this premonition because I really wanted it to happen and God showed me that it would happen in the future? I am not saying that I caused it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2019, 02:22 PM

5,272 posts, read 8,276,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
Or... we all have it but there are those that pay attention to it and those who miss the boat entirely cause they might view it as crazy nonsense.
If "we all have it", then we'd all at least be consciously aware of it or sense it, whether dismissed or not.

Old 12-27-2019, 02:23 PM

683 posts, read 124,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
If "we all have it", then we'd all at least be consciously aware of it or sense it, whether dismissed or not.
If you are dismissing it, it is conscious then.

Old 12-27-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzui View Post
Would you say that I got this premonition because I really wanted it to happen and God showed me that it would happen in the future? I am not saying that I caused it.
You're kind of lumping premonition in with fortune telling by gazing into a crystal ball that knows all to reveal the future. Is the premonition you're talking about concerning the bully that was killed by a pickup truck?

Old 12-27-2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
If you are dismissing it, it is conscious then.
So you're saying the real deal is unconscious?

Old 12-27-2019, 03:42 PM

3,252 posts, read 1,269,659 times
Quote:
How can someone find out if they have this ability?.....

Many yrs ago, I was paging thru a Natl Enquirer and saw a full page ad announcing "12th Annual Convention for Clairvoyants, Psychics & Sooth Sayers" in such & such city on such & such dates.

I couldn't help but wonder why they needed to take out an ad for this? Shouldn't these people just know?

If you need someone to tell you you have the ability, you probably don't have it.

Old 12-27-2019, 05:08 PM

81,039 posts, read 74,189,372 times
Quote:
No. We all have it, but most of us have buried it so deep, we don't even know it's there, because our ancestors went through 500 years of witch burnings and other measures aimed at rooting out these "evil" tendencies. So West Europeans and their descendants had to suppress this and other seemingly "paranormal" skills in order to survive that particular Holocaust. Then, after that was over, came the intellectual movement called the "Enlightenment", which made it very low prestige to believe in anything that wasn't "scientific" and rational. A double whammy.

Old 12-27-2019, 05:10 PM

81,039 posts, read 74,189,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Many yrs ago, I was paging thru a Natl Enquirer and saw a full page ad announcing "12th Annual Convention for Clairvoyants, Psychics & Sooth Sayers" in such & such city on such & such dates.

I couldn't help but wonder why they needed to take out an ad for this? Shouldn't these people just know?

If you need someone to tell you you have the ability, you probably don't have it.
lol. Actually, there are people who offer workshops in assisting others to discover and develop their latent "psychic" abilities. The results can be surprising. The OP could look around his city or region or state, to see if anything like that is offered.

Old 12-27-2019, 06:07 PM

683 posts, read 124,954 times
Quote:
So you're saying the real deal is unconscious?
A premonition will seep into your conscious awareness. Maybe it will be like, maybe I should drive a different way home (thats an inspired form). So you take streets you wouldn't normally take. And you find out good thing you did cause there was a 5 car accident you avoided. Or maybe you have a dream and in the dream you fall down some stairs. Hmmm...wouldn't hurt to double check your stairs. Maybe there is a loose board or something wrong with them. That kind of thing. Or maybe you get a weird feeling about a friend, something doesn't feel right so you call them. And when you talk to them you find out they were thinking about you and wanted to discuss with you a problem they are having. Can come all different ways.

Old Today, 10:05 PM

10,967 posts, read 13,883,067 times
Quote:
How can someone find out if they have this ability? Is this something you are born with? I am 35 years old. Before I turned 25 I was thinking about my high school bully who physically attacked me several times starting from junior high school. I moved away to another state in 2003 and during this time I would lie on my back on the floor and imagine ways for him to die and one more realistic thought in my head of him dying that even shocked me when I saw in my mind ended up actually happening. He got hit by a 2002 dodge pickup truck in late 2011. The vehicle looks like the one I imagined. It wasn't a small car I was thinking about. So could this be a premonition? And do I have control of what I can see in the future or can it just be something that only happened 1 time? Is it something I have to concentrate hard for a while for it to happen? I remember creating thoughts and this was the most violent way I could think of for him to die so I stuck with that and would replay this thought in my head wishing that it would happen to him and it did. The article has the name of the guy who did it and I don't think he was charged since it looks like it was an accident. This is the only time I predicted something like this. I've had paranormal experiences a couple of years ago that is not related to the guy who died. That was triggered by something else and it was a demonic haunting others around me also experienced and I happen to also get it on audio which was later confirmed by a paranormal investigator to be coming from the same room I was in and the voice didn't below to me or the other person in the room. He said not only was it coming from the same room I was in but also from behind me. I had a supernatural experience that involved me when I was around 7th grade but that was a positive experience. I just want to find out if I had a premonition ability and why it only happened once.

You gotta be careful with this stuff, cuz it can get real spooky.. Especially if you find yourself really indulging in sick fantasies driven by hatred or selfishness. You mentioned demonic hauntings here, then later on I see you're asking if God showed you this vision... I would say be careful, indulging in NEGATIVE will get you wrapped up in some dark, dangerous stuff. Entities longing to draw you in deeper by making things happen, to an extent. Your hatred of this bully most definitely connects you to his death, in a weird way, if that makes sense....( Get right w/ God )

That being said, yes, I've had premonitions before - most notably in dreams. But some right in front of me. One happened when I was 19, flying on a plane home, and I stared out at the clouds for hours thinking how they looked like the landscape of a cemetery. Headstones, crosses, the whole 9. I was in awe. Then during that trip not even 2 days later, a family member died and I went to a funeral- in a cemetery.

I've had things shown to me in dreams, like things people were keeping from me. I saw the truth in several dreams, and later found out I was exactly on the money...

I don't "use" this nor do I exploit it. It's unpredictable, but I always pray on whatever it is, and speak with God, ask Him to help me see. Especially if it's something that stirs my emotions in a bad way. I watch the negative ones, and always try to find the positive, and pause- for the lesson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or