U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 08:23 AM

3,321 posts, read 2,480,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
There's that one treasure to be found that I believe may be in Arizona if I remember correctly. A guy brought a treasure chest filled with diamonds, rubies and all sorts of gems, wrote a book; I believe it was called the treasure. People have been trying to find it since the 90's I believe. It was featured on destination unknown
I believe youre referring to Fenns Treasure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2020, 09:28 AM

3,887 posts, read 6,038,791 times
With cameras everywhere, why are there so few pictures and videos of these drones?

I watched the videos that are available. Very unconvincing. Single lights in the sky and the guy and his girlfriend chasing what they thought were drones for 15 miles at speeds exceeding 70mph. Why were the drones following the highway? Sounds like they were chasing bright stars or the planet Venus.

Where are the videos of fleets of "up to 30" drones flying in specific patterns?

Sounds like a few people have been flying their small hobby type drones at night, millions have been sold and thousands have been received as Christmas presents this year alone, and the reports of large numbers are due to people's imagination? And how do they know how high they are flying? It's almost impossible to judge the height of a blinking light at night.

Old 01-03-2020, 10:28 AM

6,749 posts, read 3,878,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Nothing that a shotgun with some bird shot would not solve if it is over your private property although ask your local LEO and the FAA if it is legal first.

It's not.

Old 01-03-2020, 11:22 AM

11,881 posts, read 22,127,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I believe youre referring to Fenns Treasure.
Yes, you're right. I could have sworn it was Arizona but not according to google.

Google results The Forrest Fenn treasure

Where is the treasure of Forrest Fenn?
Your Quest to Find Fenn's Treasure Starts Here! The treasure is above 5,000 feet elevation (and under 10,200). It's north of Santa Fe, in the Rocky Mountains of New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming or Montana.

Old 01-03-2020, 11:25 AM

15,305 posts, read 12,392,706 times
Quote:
There's that one treasure to be found that I believe may be in Arizona if I remember correctly. A guy brought a treasure chest filled with diamonds, rubies and all sorts of gems, wrote a book; I believe it was called the treasure. People have been trying to find it since the 90's I believe. It was featured on destination unknown
This could be a 'treasure hunt' greater than just the one lost treasure. With LIDAR they could be looking for signs of any ancient civilizations, hidden mines, lost early settlements, mineral deposits or whatever. We don't really know unless somebody finds the people launching those drones.

What if a foreign enemy like North Korea was conducting this survey? Of course that is probably unlikely; but hopefully we will get some answers in the near future?

As far as the other poster's comment about shooting them down: Like it was stated; it is probably illegal. But they did say in one news reports I read that they were flying at an altitude that would make it difficult to shoot them down.

Old 01-03-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
This could be a 'treasure hunt' greater than just the one lost treasure. With LIDAR they could be looking for signs of any ancient civilizations, hidden mines, lost early settlements, mineral deposits or whatever. We don't really know unless somebody finds the people launching those drones.

What if a foreign enemy like North Korea was conducting this survey? Of course that is probably unlikely; but hopefully we will get some answers in the near future?

As far as the other poster's comment about shooting them down: Like it was stated; it is probably illegal. But they did say in one news reports I read that they were flying at an altitude that would make it difficult to shoot them down.
You're right, they could be looking for anything. I wish someone would shoot one of them down.

Old 01-03-2020, 11:36 AM

6,268 posts, read 4,509,286 times
Quote:
You're right, they could be looking for anything. I wish someone would shoot one of them down.
Really ? You want random people shooting ammo up in the air. What about all the times they miss. Would you want ammo falling onto your yard?

Old 01-03-2020, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Really ? You want random people shooting ammo up in the air. What about all the times they miss. Would you want ammo falling onto your yard?
Actually our military was working on drones that would take down other drones. I am sure there are some links to some of the testing that was being done. In light of the attack on the Saudi oil fields I am sure many are working on the problem of neutralizing drones and some must have some answers.

One of the other problems we face is simply being able to track these drones. I have no idea how effective our current radar is at pinpointing their locations?

Old 01-03-2020, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
I've been picturing that they're more so in wooded areas and if that's the case, yes, someone should shoot at least one down. Maybe they can see what video it's taking. I wonder if they have hard drives. Obviously I know nothing about drones

Quote:
Yuma County Sheriff Todd Combs said in a Facebook post Tuesday it appears the drones were staying at least 150-200 feet away from buildings and people and are flying in airspace controlled by the federal government.

Old 01-03-2020, 12:13 PM

As far as I know; our FAA controls all the airspace over the US. Some areas are more restrictive than other areas.

Here is a link to one of their websites and notice all of the talk about drones on that page: https://www.faa.gov/uas/recreational..._restrictions/.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal