U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 05:45 PM

4,133 posts, read 2,189,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes, and they were slow moving too, they didnt have the ability to 'dart' around, or make high speed take offs.

These still also do not explain the VERY old sightings like 1300s thru the 1500s...Ive read some very bizarre sightings from those times, even if you try to look at it from their perspective (the description of what they were seeing in the sky), I cannot imagine what they were seeing.
That's true - they were slow moving and didn't dart around. But they were manmade flying machines.

Nor do they explain the old sightings. Some of the bizarre sightings, particular Biblical ones, I think are a result of the people then tending toward the extreme in their descriptions, and they belief in "visions". I don't know what they were seeing either ... it could have been "flying saucers" or darn near anything else blowing around in the wind. The famous medieval woodcut from Germany that we see every once in a while supposedly shows air battles. I can't bring myself to belive that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:46 PM

13,822 posts, read 3,656,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
That's true - they were slow moving and didn't dart around. But they were manmade flying machines.

Nor do they explain the old sightings. Some of the bizarre sightings, particular Biblical ones, I think are a result of the people then tending toward the extreme in their descriptions, and they belief in "visions". I don't know what they were seeing either ... it could have been "flying saucers" or darn near anything else blowing around in the wind. The famous medieval woodcut from Germany that we see every once in a while supposedly shows air battles. I can't bring myself to belive that.
That German woodcut of the aerial battle is definitely a strange one!

Ive heard some claim they were seeing 'Sun dogs', but this would not explain the 'battling', and individuals that went down smoking. Sun Dogs also do not appear in the shapes that people claimed to see here.

It is interesting, they used the term 'big black spear head' to describe some of the crafts...that sounds remarkably similar to the big black triangles that many people report seeing today.

Whatever these things were, we are not privy to the details of their existence yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal