Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 11:13 AM

6,691 posts, read 4,991,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I've been picturing that they're more so in wooded areas

This is eastern Colorado. No trees except along streams, or if somebody planted and watered them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2020, 03:06 PM

23,838 posts, read 33,397,843 times
Public FB group

Drones are swarming over Colorado and Nebraska at night. Authorities say they have no idea why.

Quote:
The drones, described by the Denver Post as having six-foot wingspans and numbering at least 17, showed up in mid-December in northeastern Colorado. They emerge nightly around 7 p.m., flying in squares of about 25 miles and staying about 200 feet in the air, the newspaper reported. By about 10 p.m., they’re gone.

Old 01-03-2020, 03:42 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,202,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Right. It seems to me it would be pretty easy to follow the squadron of drones to see where they came from, if the govt was really interested.

Alternate theory: Amazon or some such trying to gain experience in commanding a fleet of delivery drones simultaneousl

I can't wait until they do finally start delivering that way. It'll be just a matter of time before one hits me in the head and I too can live The New American Dream for Success-- sue a big corporation for personal injury!!

OK, Guido. Ditch the politics, please.

Old 01-03-2020, 05:48 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,919,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
What politics?

Old 01-03-2020, 07:13 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,202,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
What politics?
I just ignored you,

Old 01-03-2020, 07:38 PM

10,312 posts, read 8,504,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I've been picturing that they're more so in wooded areas and if that's the case, yes, someone should shoot at least one down. Maybe they can see what video it's taking. I wonder if they have hard drives. Obviously I know nothing about drones
You mean above the wooded areas or going through the woods?
There’s a thread in current events about a woman that got killed by a stray bullet.

The mystery is who owns it and is it a crime to shoot it down. If it’s in the sky I imagine the faa has jurisdiction and probably is aware of it . Drones have memory flash drives to store video and images. Same ones you put in your cameras and phones. They also can transmit back to the controller.
I fly a drone and the software in it makes it trackable. Also it won’t fly in some areas due to restrictions. I think if you brought one down it is trackable since they use gps . I’d hate to shoot one down and find out the government owned it. Probably be in trouble for that.

Old 01-03-2020, 07:40 PM

10,312 posts, read 8,504,387 times
Okay I just saw someone said the drones were six feet. I’m pretty sure we’re talking government, but who knows.

Old 01-04-2020, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Okay I just saw someone said the drones were six feet. I’m pretty sure we’re talking government, but who knows.
Yes, I linked to an article above that said that. They're over 6ft which is pretty massive. Can you imagine having to launch 30 at once?

I'm also reading that public FB group, they're saying when these drones are flying, it's jammed their wifi so that their devices aren't connecting. Someone posted a screen shot showing it.

The drones are now showing up in Nebraska.

It's sounding like it's the government doing something because otherwise the military would have started to catch these drones.

Apparently some are now seeing black vans driving around that they feel are connected to the drones.

The person manning the drones has to have a special waver to fly at night, apparently they don't have many that have the waver.

NightDrones.Net Map of Sightings

Colorado Gov. Vows To ‘Get To The Bottom’ Of Mystery Nighttime Drone Swarms
- Authorities don’t know where the drones come from, where they go or what they’re doing.

Quote:
Swarms of drones have been spotted flying across eastern Colorado and western Nebraska since mid-December, typically between the hours of sunset and midnight.

That dovetails with just about every other government agency that might be behind the flights. They all told The Denver Post they don’t know who’s responsible. That list includes the Federal Aviation Administration, the U.S. Air Force, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, the Department of Defense, the Environmental Protection Agency, the North American Aerospace Defense Command, the Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. Army Forces Command, Fort Carson, Intel, Amazon and the University of Colorado, Boulder.

Private drone companies operating in the area have also denied any responsibility.

Yowell estimated 30 drones are out flying every night.

has received reports some of the drones are larger than 6 feet in diameter.

Last edited by Roselvr; 01-04-2020 at 05:34 AM..

Old 01-04-2020, 07:11 AM

7,182 posts, read 5,033,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post

Moderator cut: Rude

Back to the drones-- If they are appearing regularly in time & place, it should be easy to follow them with other drones or a manned helicopter back to their base. Mystery quickly solved, if they want to solve it. It would be pretty scary to think our natl defense is so inept not be able to get the bottom of this in a timely fashion. What if those were bogey men?

Last edited by Tallysmom; 01-04-2020 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: Very rude.

Old 01-04-2020, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
It must be rough going thru life without a sense of humor. Please put me on Ignore too, Snowflake. I don't want to be responsible for your deteriorating mental health.

Back to the drones-- If they are appearing regularly in time & place, it should be easy to follow them with other drones or a manned helicopter back to their base. Mystery quickly solved, if they want to solve it. It would be pretty scary to think our natl defense is so inept not be able to get the bottom of this in a timely fashion. What if those were bogey men?
That's why I think it's the government doing something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal