Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2020, 09:13 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Your right about Brown County; but there were 19 sightings in Adams County between 1993 and 2018 according to the first map of this link: https://www.google.com/search?q=map+...kjpDbj5dpnYJM:

Like I said before; bears can have a large range and even if you don't have them in an area today they can still be there tomorrow.
Maybe those 19 people were seeing Bigfoot or Dogmen, and just misidentified them as black bears? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2020, 09:17 PM

Quote:
I just have to toss in I did find a picture today of Goatman: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/wei...-face-21326501!
ANYTHING is possible in China!

Old 01-21-2020, 09:24 PM

Just want to mention here, Some of the Facebook Dogman groups I am on, Ive been in discussions in the comments with a bunch of people on there, about Dogmans existence, I guess I was starting to ask skeptical questions and I got a barrage of messages telling me how wrong I am, and actually got an invite from Joedy Cooke (he is a fairly well known Dogman investigator), and a few others about going with them to see one of these things.

They seem to feel pretty confident they know some places where a sighting is almost a sure thing...we will see if any of them are serious or not!

Old 01-21-2020, 10:03 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Maybe those 19 people were seeing Bigfoot or Dogmen, and just misidentified them as black bears? LOL
They do state on that map: 'confirmed sightings of black bears'. Of course one would have to ask the Game Commission in that state what the criteria was for confirming a black bear sighting?

I know when I tried to get my Game Commission to come and check out our sighting of a mountain lion in PA that they basically treated me as if I was drinking and I don't drink - they also never came to check. So I really have no idea how they confirm a sighting.

One time my father called from work and told me to go down to his place and harvest grapes - his vines were full. Well we went down and there was not a grape left on any of his prize vines. But there was plenty of confirmation evidence that black bears had been there the night before. You could still see the grape seeds in the big piles of manure!

PS About a "sure thing"; don't you think that we would have some clear pictures and great evidence if these sightings were a "sure thing"?

Old 01-22-2020, 06:50 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Just want to mention here, Some of the Facebook Dogman groups I am on, Ive been in discussions in the comments with a bunch of people on there, about Dogmans existence, I guess I was starting to ask skeptical questions and I got a barrage of messages telling me how wrong I am, and actually got an invite from Joedy Cooke (he is a fairly well known Dogman investigator), and a few others about going with them to see one of these things.

They seem to feel pretty confident they know some places where a sighting is almost a sure thing...we will see if any of them are serious or not!
Go and they will teach you quite a bit.

Old 01-22-2020, 08:31 AM

2,452 posts, read 1,682,143 times
Quote:
They do state on that map: 'confirmed sightings of black bears'. Of course one would have to ask the Game Commission in that state what the criteria was for confirming a black bear sighting?

I know when I tried to get my Game Commission to come and check out our sighting of a mountain lion in PA that they basically treated me as if I was drinking and I don't drink - they also never came to check. So I really have no idea how they confirm a sighting.

One time my father called from work and told me to go down to his place and harvest grapes - his vines were full. Well we went down and there was not a grape left on any of his prize vines. But there was plenty of confirmation evidence that black bears had been there the night before. You could still see the grape seeds in the big piles of manure!

PS About a "sure thing"; don't you think that we would have some clear pictures and great evidence if these sightings were a "sure thing"?
I had the same exact thing happen to me a few months ago. I was camping at a very remote campground and was the only one there. Woke up to rain so fell back asleep. When I got up an hour later it had stopped raining. There is a ring(road) around the entire area that has to be around 3/4 of a mile long. I took my dog for a walk around it then went back and made breakfast. After eating we went for another walk. About half way around I look down and see a HUGE paw print. So I instantly called my 97 pound Pit Bull back to me. The print could easily fit 4 of his inside it. The prints were not there 45 minutes earlier so we got back to the camper before my silly dog sniffed the mountain lion out to play with.

Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of any of the block long trail of prints. Everyone said we don't have mountain lions here but I can guarantee one was there and left a ton of prints in the soft center of the gravel road.

Old 01-22-2020, 08:38 AM

62 Have you read this book?

https://sellfy.com/p/chaF/

Old 01-22-2020, 09:09 AM

2,452 posts, read 1,682,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
62 Have you read this book?

https://sellfy.com/p/chaF/
Is there a place to see the HD video? That thick pamphlet has the typical blobsquach pictures according to those that have purchased it.

Old 01-22-2020, 10:35 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I had the same exact thing happen to me a few months ago. I was camping at a very remote campground and was the only one there. Woke up to rain so fell back asleep. When I got up an hour later it had stopped raining. There is a ring(road) around the entire area that has to be around 3/4 of a mile long. I took my dog for a walk around it then went back and made breakfast. After eating we went for another walk. About half way around I look down and see a HUGE paw print. So I instantly called my 97 pound Pit Bull back to me. The print could easily fit 4 of his inside it. The prints were not there 45 minutes earlier so we got back to the camper before my silly dog sniffed the mountain lion out to play with.

Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of any of the block long trail of prints. Everyone said we don't have mountain lions here but I can guarantee one was there and left a ton of prints in the soft center of the gravel road.
Me and my late wife chased our one sighting of a mountain lion down a dirt road at 35 mph in our pickup truck. We got to within 20 yards before it sprang off the road and into the red brush that covers many of our forest floors around here. It could have been just feet away from the road; but I was not going to go poking around for it. It looked like it could have weighed 100 pounds or more.

We did feel a little exonerated when a woman in Connecticut hit and killed one with her car a few years later. The DNA test on that one proved it was from South Dakota; so it could have traveled through PA to get there. But, officially as far as I know, mountain lions are extinct in PA and none live here (officially). Of course it would help if they came out to investigate when one is reported!

Old 01-22-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Is there a place to see the HD video? That thick pamphlet has the typical blobsquach pictures according to those that have purchased it.
I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal