Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2020, 09:28 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I got out my ping pong balls, cut one in half, and then stared at a blank red screen for ten minutes before looking at your picture again. Even with the Ganzfeld Effect; it did not help. I could stare at my Japanese Andromedas, that are still thick with leaves even in the cold winter months, and see as much as I see when looking at your photograph.

Find us so good pictures!

PS But there are plenty of good pictures of chimps at a zoo!
It is there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2020, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Well, thats true, but I literally see nothing in either pic. The first just looks like green sticks, I maybe can see leaves, but the second is even worse. I see no green at all, let alone green eyes. In fact, all I see is black and white, and the both remind me of some tacky 90s rugs. IS it just my computer, or am I seeing the pics right?
Agreed that black and white has been messed up by uploading it to photobucket.

Try this. Look about 1/5 down and just left of center.

Old 01-24-2020, 10:14 AM

6,568 posts, read 4,962,654 times
I can't even see that the first one is in color, much less find anything other than twigs in it. Stepping back just makes it look worse.

Old 01-24-2020, 10:26 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
It is there.
In your Photo Bucket if you told me one of your bear pictures was a bear; I would agree - they look like bears. I could argue size or where the picture was made; but most of us would agree.

If you had a video of that still picture we might be able to make out more. But it is still a poor picture. We could never determine size from that picture; how would we know if it is a green eyed mouse or something larger? How do we know if it not just a wooden sign with a green insect on it? Our imaginations could run wild with the little bit of information presented by that poor picture.

Photographers, while sometimes can use poor pictures, usually discard them searching for their best pictures. You need more than that to 'prove' any of these claims.

I do want you to come forward with evidence; I like evidence. But our individual definitions of 'evidence' is not on the same playing field.

Old 01-24-2020, 10:39 AM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Chimps in the grass at a zoo to demonstrate how hard it is to see an animal.

I need an image site that won't put their logo across the photos. Any suggestions?
I store photos on my phone. Or computer. Then when you upload there’s no tags.

Old 01-24-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I store photos on my phone. Or computer. Then when you upload there’s no tags.
So if I move it to my computer from my thumbdrive and then to photobucket;= no tags?

Old 01-24-2020, 12:14 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,676,763 times
Quote:
Can you see the whole creature? Can you see the whole head of the creature? One eye, if it is an eye, does not make a creature. You have told us that you can take us into the field and prove they are out there at almost any time. If that is true, then you should be able to produce better evidence. The one Photo Bucket picture also featured good pictures of bears. Heck, if you offered one of those pictures of a bear as proof that they live in the area, it would be a credible first start. Of course we could still question that because how would we know where you took the picture?

Your insistence on poor quality photos hurts your case. Unfortunately you do not see that and that hurts the case even more.
I don't know how to do it but most devices also record the exact location that they take pictures. I am sure a quick google search would provide details for those interested.

Old 01-24-2020, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I got out my ping pong balls, cut one in half, and then stared at a blank red screen for ten minutes before looking at your picture again. Even with the Ganzfeld Effect; it did not help. I could stare at my Japanese Andromedas, that are still thick with leaves even in the cold winter months, and see as much as I see when looking at your photograph.

Find us so good pictures!

PS But there are plenty of good pictures of chimps at a zoo!
You are just wrong. The creature is there. The green eye is its right eye.
The chimp photo is as says. Sure there are great photos of chimps in zoos. The point you miss is a posted it to show that creatures in foliage a very hard to define in most photographs.
People expecting a posed photo with no cover in front of it; are just whistling dixie.

Old 01-24-2020, 12:19 PM

2,450 posts, read 1,676,763 times
Quote:
So if I move it to my computer from my thumbdrive and then to photobucket;= no tags?
Move it to your computer then upload directly to this site. There is no need for the photobucket step. Also photobucket slowly decreases the quality of your pictures/videos. I have some I uploaded years ago in HD that you can't even tell what I recorded anymore.

Old 01-24-2020, 12:28 PM

1,494 posts, read 1,670,383 times
It doesn't matter what service the photo is hosted on, it's always going to be a dark shape behind lots of leaves. It could be bigfoot wearing a white and gold dress, or it could be a rusty sign. There is no sense of scale. Why are there no pictures of the same spot without the "creature" in it? or at least a picture of a human standing where it supposedly was?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal