U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 10:23 AM

756 posts, read 1,060,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
He has lots of pics but for some reason, they show up as blobs, I dont really understand it either, he says the last one he took with his cell phone, he can see it clearly on the screen, but as soon as clicks the button to take a picture, the image is no longer clear, and it looks like a black or brown blob.
This is a photography problem. Mobile phone cameras generally do poorly in movement with low light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2020, 11:45 AM

218 posts, read 57,377 times
Quote:
Yes, I do have some concerns about what his intentions are, and his story would be a very good way to lure people onto his property (and these homes are very secluded out there).

Although he told me first it would be preferable if I brought a gun along, and when I told him I didnt own a gun, he was a little hesitant about me coming out there, so if he had ulterior motives, seems like he would want me unarmed NOT packing, so thats probably a good sign he is being truthful, he just kept letting me know how intense and frightening these things are to someone who has never seen one, and how he doesnt feel comfortable without a gun when he is outside...

To be honest, Im hoping to stay fairly close to my car while Im there, if he is right and I do get extremely scared, I can always make a dash for the car and Im out of there.

He has already given me his address, so Im thinking about just going somewhere close to his property and parking the car along the road somewhere, as close to the wooded areas as I can, and just wait to see if anything happens, (if these things are walking around out there like he claims, they will be all over the area, not just in his property).
Can't wait to read your trip report.

As for parking close to his property and looking around. Do you have a nice tripod mounted telescope. I have an old Meade 4500 and you can see for miles perfectly with it. Also know everyone that lives within miles will know you are there. I have lived in a rural area and you know every car that drives by your property. Using google earth will give you some good ideas on exactly where to park.

Even if you don't see anything there should be tracks everywhere. There is no way something that size does not leave tracks, especially if it has rained recently. If there are tracks I would love to see what they look like.

Maybe ask about the native wildlife. If there really are new large predators in the area there will be a noticeable change it in the local animal population. Something that large would eat a LOT of food.

Old 01-07-2020, 02:18 PM

11,043 posts, read 10,701,443 times
Quote:
He has lots of pics but for some reason, they show up as blobs, I dont really understand it either, he says the last one he took with his cell phone, he can see it clearly on the screen, but as soon as clicks the button to take a picture, the image is no longer clear, and it looks like a black or brown blob.

I hope to go out there this upcoming weekend, as its supposed to be in the upper 50s, but we are supposed to get alot of rain for 2 days straight, so I will play it by ear and Im talking to another friend to see if they will go with me.
Rain is no problem. A friend tells me that BF loves to hunt during the rain. Rain kills scent and sound. Rain will define trails. Works for you and against you. "The creeks, the creeks; they always follow the creeks." (Thanks to Woodswatcher)

I can't take a clear photo with a cell phone or any camera either. My hand shakes too much. The best imo is a GoPro video camera with audio on a Monopod. This will allow you to look around and get rid of that useless head swirling video when the camera is head-mounted. When walking along with this rig just spin it with your fingers and film your back trail.

Old 01-07-2020, 05:36 PM

13,359 posts, read 3,523,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Perhaps you should have asked him if you could bring your friend along that works in law enforcement and does have guns? Whether he was hesitant or not; you told him you're unarmed! That is not a good sign!

Make sure you have a friend that calls you shortly after you arrive to let him know there is somebody on the outside that you're in contact with and is aware of your location.

PS Be especially leery if you hear banjos playing!
He was hesitant to allow me to come up being unarmed..It took me a little while to convince him to let me.

I did ask my best friend to go with me, but she wants NO part of this, she doesnt like things like this, and admitted she would probably faint from fright if she saw what Im hoping to see.

And Yes, Ive already talked to a couple people, and given them his address and phone number, and told them I would be texting them thru out the time I am there, and if they dont hear from me after about a couple hours, they should call police.

I will see how it goes, Like I said in other post, Im considering just going up fairly close to his house (on the night before), and park as close to the wooded areas as I can...if they are all over his property, then they are all over the general area too, that way, I can get what Im wanting, without having to deal with this guy and meeting him person.

Old 01-07-2020, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
This is a photography problem. Mobile phone cameras generally do poorly in movement with low light.
He claims even day light pics and video show up this way too. Im going to turn the flash on my cell phone camera, is there anything else that may work better? Im going up at night, so it will be very dark, but cell phone flashes are pretty bright.

I also have an old camcorder (from the late 90s), uses little VCR type tapes, it does have a bright light for shooting video at night, so I may bring it along, if only to record sound (if there is any). Apparently these things grunt and howl, so I want to get that audio too.

Old 01-07-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Can't wait to read your trip report.

As for parking close to his property and looking around. Do you have a nice tripod mounted telescope. I have an old Meade 4500 and you can see for miles perfectly with it. Also know everyone that lives within miles will know you are there. I have lived in a rural area and you know every car that drives by your property. Using google earth will give you some good ideas on exactly where to park.

Even if you don't see anything there should be tracks everywhere. There is no way something that size does not leave tracks, especially if it has rained recently. If there are tracks I would love to see what they look like.

Maybe ask about the native wildlife. If there really are new large predators in the area there will be a noticeable change it in the local animal population. Something that large would eat a LOT of food.
Im not sure about using a tripod, because if Im sitting in my car, I have no way of knowing where these things are going to show up, I will probably not go out looking for tracks the first night...If I do end up seeing something, I will go back the next day to look for tracks.

He claims when these things are around, it gets quiet, no crickets, bugs or anything making noise, Ive heard others mention the same thing, and I think that applies to all predators, when they are in an area.

Im shooting for this friday night, as long as work goes like normal that day, shouldnt be any problems.

Old 01-07-2020, 06:50 PM

Quote:
He was hesitant to allow me to come up being unarmed..It took me a little while to convince him to let me.

I did ask my best friend to go with me, but she wants NO part of this, she doesnt like things like this, and admitted she would probably faint from fright if she saw what Im hoping to see.

And Yes, Ive already talked to a couple people, and given them his address and phone number, and told them I would be texting them thru out the time I am there, and if they dont hear from me after about a couple hours, they should call police.

I will see how it goes, Like I said in other post, Im considering just going up fairly close to his house (on the night before), and park as close to the wooded areas as I can...if they are all over his property, then they are all over the general area too, that way, I can get what Im wanting, without having to deal with this guy and meeting him person.
******* attitude. the guy invites you to his home and share's this info with you and; then you take his info and dump him. Then you go poking around his area at night.

How old are you?

Old 01-07-2020, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
******* attitude. the guy invites you to his home and share's this info with you and; then you take his info and dump him. Then you go poking around his area at night.

How old are you?
Not sure what you are talking about?!!

Yes, the guy invited me to his house...Im going because I want to see if these things are real or not, he does not own them, or the street. I just want to get an idea if there is something big running around out here.

This could be a trap, to lure people out there, thinking they are going to see Dogmen and all the sudden, you find yourself chained up in a basement! Point is, I dont know this guy at all, he could be out of his mind bonkers for all I know.

Whats wrong with that?

Old 01-07-2020, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Not sure what you are talking about?!!

Yes, the guy invited me to his house...Im going because I want to see if these things are real or not, he does not own them, or the street. I just want to get an idea if there is something big running around out here.

This could be a trap, to lure people out there, thinking they are going to see Dogmen and all the sudden, you find yourself chained up in a basement! Point is, I dont know this guy at all, he could be out of his mind bonkers for all I know.

Whats wrong with that?

Because that is being a BACKBITER.

Old 01-07-2020, 08:29 PM

3,305 posts, read 3,418,796 times
Are people really that scary in the USA? I would have thought that if he was good enough to give you his address, then he was being open and honest. Giving a friend the address and telling them you are going to be there and when, should be enough.

There is nothing you can do if it is your time to go, and I think we could all get mowed down by some drunken driver when we are crossing the road. Stuff like this happens all the time but we dont stop crossing the road in case we get killed do we?

I am really interested in this as it is a chance to get some evidence. Get him to look out for hair or suggest he does a hair trap with barbed wire. Is there a trail dogman uses because that would be the place to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or