U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-10-2020, 11:25 AM
 
11,138 posts, read 10,721,467 times
Reputation: 4361

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Oh man I am so jealous! Why is your friend being such a weenie? I would so do this.

Heck I would go to this guys house alone & I'm a girl (I know I know). This guy has just as much to worry about as you do ... more maybe. You know where he lives! Of course; you know he's armed & he knows you are not, lol.
Enough due diligence has been done. I would go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-11-2020, 12:29 AM
 
Location: PRC
3,317 posts, read 3,425,344 times
Reputation: 3002
Quote:
...there was even an article in the local paper, telling people NOT to try and find the source of 'strange howling' many residents were reporting.
Yes !! that would be really interesting to see.

Make sure that if you get any pictures at all that you post them for us to see. No doubt some will pooh-pooh it all but ...they were not there. If you have a digital recorder, it might be useful so you can record comments as you go along and also record the howling too.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2020, 12:43 AM
 
13,477 posts, read 3,559,473 times
Reputation: 8756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Enough due diligence has been done. I would go.
Yes, it is strange, he gave me his address the first time I talked to him on the phone! (Im not any threat to this guy, because Im not a criminal nor do I have any other motives in this), but he doesnt know me at all, I could have made it all up just to GET HIM alone in the woods, and considering the homes in this area, Im assuming this guy is doing pretty well financially, I guess he is just a trusting guy.


I did talk to him earlier and told him I wanted to do next week, he said that was fine, just let him know when Im coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2020, 12:46 AM
 
13,477 posts, read 3,559,473 times
Reputation: 8756
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Yes !! that would be really interesting to see.

Make sure that if you get any pictures at all that you post them for us to see. No doubt some will pooh-pooh it all but ...they were not there. If you have a digital recorder, it might be useful so you can record comments as you go along and also record the howling too.

Good luck.
Good idea about the digital recorder, I will buy one of those before doing this.


Im not sure how great any pictures will turn out, I wish I could splurge and get an infrared camera or night vision goggles/ recorder, but they are pretty pricey I think. (however, if this does pan out to be real, I will definitely buy them and go back). Im not even sure what I would do with pics or video of these things (If I got did get some good ones), I will definitely post them here first, but after that, I guess, maybe the state fish and game people, or forestry service, local university local media...IDK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2020, 05:37 PM
 
11,138 posts, read 10,721,467 times
Reputation: 4361
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Good idea about the digital recorder, I will buy one of those before doing this.


Im not sure how great any pictures will turn out, I wish I could splurge and get an infrared camera or night vision goggles/ recorder, but they are pretty pricey I think. (however, if this does pan out to be real, I will definitely buy them and go back). Im not even sure what I would do with pics or video of these things (If I got did get some good ones), I will definitely post them here first, but after that, I guess, maybe the state fish and game people, or forestry service, local university local media...IDK?

How do you know he wants you to do this? Why give away a hotspot and have a bunch of claim jumpers running around. If you do you will be no better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2020, 08:45 PM
 
13,477 posts, read 3,559,473 times
Reputation: 8756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
How do you know he wants you to do this? Why give away a hotspot and have a bunch of claim jumpers running around. If you do you will be no better.
We have not spoken about that yet, however, when he requested help on the podcast, he said his goal was to get these things on camera/video, I assumed he was trying to get proof, so he could take it to someone, but I could be wrong, IDK...what other reason would he have for wanting to get them on camera?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2020, 09:52 AM
 
11,138 posts, read 10,721,467 times
Reputation: 4361
I get the feeling that you want fame and fortune and you will do it at other's expense.
AKA The guy that invited you to his property. Does he just want help with getting photos for himself? Does he want you to have any of the photos?

Any photo you post on this forum will be laughed at by fisheye and Vasily and others. Along with you.

Once you have a photo and can tell the location; then you have much to gain and much to lose. The LANDOWNER HAS EVERYTHING TO LOSE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2020, 11:07 AM
 
13,477 posts, read 3,559,473 times
Reputation: 8756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I get the feeling that you want fame and fortune and you will do it at other's expense.
AKA The guy that invited you to his property. Does he just want help with getting photos for himself? Does he want you to have any of the photos?

Any photo you post on this forum will be laughed at by fisheye and Vasily and others. Along with you.

Once you have a photo and can tell the location; then you have much to gain and much to lose. The LANDOWNER HAS EVERYTHING TO LOSE.
I DO NOT want fame or fortune in anyway shape or form, I want to prove these things exist and are out there (thats it).


This is something he and I will have to discuss, when I talked to him last, he was frustrated with his attempts to get pics or video, even in daylight...he does not understand why they show up as unidentifiable blobs in the pictures, he didnt really talk about what he wanted to do with pics or video should he get any good ones.


And really, Im not sure why he thinks I will be of any help, if he is getting 'blobs' when he tries to take pictures, more than likely, I will get the same thing.


I dont understand your last comment, if I post pics on here (that are somewhat identifiable), and people will just laugh at them...how would this cause any problems for him or his property?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2020, 11:50 AM
 
11,138 posts, read 10,721,467 times
Reputation: 4361
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I DO NOT want fame or fortune in anyway shape or form, I want to prove these things exist and are out there (thats it).


This is something he and I will have to discuss, when I talked to him last, he was frustrated with his attempts to get pics or video, even in daylight...he does not understand why they show up as unidentifiable blobs in the pictures, he didnt really talk about what he wanted to do with pics or video should he get any good ones.


And really, Im not sure why he thinks I will be of any help, if he is getting 'blobs' when he tries to take pictures, more than likely, I will get the same thing.


I dont understand your last comment, if I post pics on here (that are somewhat identifiable), and people will just laugh at them...how would this cause any problems for him or his property?





If you reveal the location then he will be swamped with trespassers and looky lous. Throwing out trash as they sightsee. Some will drive in your driveway and demand to see the place.

Rea what happene3d to Smokey Crabtree. My buddy Mike Humphreys was laughed at by local's but know they have a BF festival in Hononobia every year. It was so bad that he moved.

https://sasquatchchronicles.com/the-siege-at-honobia/

The BFRO lied to them from the beginning. and told it improperly like the residents were just local ignorant people,.
AND; No they were not poaching deer at all. Yes, they shot off the porch during the deer season and filled several tags and the freezer as well.

The point is that publicity about it causes trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2020, 12:54 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,410 posts, read 12,433,683 times
Reputation: 11623
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
We have not spoken about that yet, however, when he requested help on the podcast, he said his goal was to get these things on camera/video, I assumed he was trying to get proof, so he could take it to someone, but I could be wrong, IDK...what other reason would he have for wanting to get them on camera?
Do you have personal communication with any other CD poster? If you do and they know your name and have talked to you' then we could ask them to check on you if you don't report back. Or you could simply tell them when you are going and when you should return.

You have spent a lot of time talking about this field trip; what day can we expect to hear what you learned?

You stated that there was not that much woods surrounding the location you are going to. I believe you said that there were many cornfields. You also stated that the man said some of the dogmen were nine feet tall. This time of year a nine foot creature would stand out in a dead corn field. Many of those fields have been harvested for the silage and there is no place to hide. Much of the eastern side of southern Ohio does have plenty of forested land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top