U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-12-2020, 02:57 PM
Status: "Support the Mining Law of 1872" (set 24 days ago)
 
Location: Cody, WY
9,864 posts, read 11,431,439 times
Reputation: 19947

Advertisements

It's interesting that no one else suspects a hoax. Someone who truly believes is often willing to do anything necessary to convince others. However, the OP may be completely truthful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-12-2020, 05:35 PM
 
11,143 posts, read 10,725,050 times
Reputation: 4363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
It's interesting that no one else suspects a hoax. Someone who truly believes is often willing to do anything necessary to convince others. However, the OP may be completely truthful.
Do you think the OP IS HOAXING US?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2020, 07:08 PM
 
Location: The Carolinas
2,136 posts, read 2,116,571 times
Reputation: 6513
Why doesn't he put up some trailcams? Fairly good ones are pretty inexpensive. Move them around frequently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2020, 08:02 PM
 
Location: Madison, Alabama
4,089 posts, read 2,149,453 times
Reputation: 3124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
How do you know he wants you to do this? Why give away a hotspot and have a bunch of claim jumpers running around. If you do you will be no better.
The guy apparently does not shun publicity since in the very first post he was reported to be on a program (radio, podcast, whatever) and gave out his email address. Looks like 62 was invited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2020, 08:19 PM
 
11,143 posts, read 10,725,050 times
Reputation: 4363
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
The guy apparently does not shun publicity since in the very first post he was reported to be on a program (radio, podcast, whatever) and gave out his email address. Looks like 62 was invited.
I know the guy gave out his email and yes from the beginning 62 said he had been invited. I didn't say shun. Some just don't know or understand the value of privacy or care about it. He is new and I was coaching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2020, 10:49 PM
 
Location: PRC
3,317 posts, read 3,426,306 times
Reputation: 3007
I think we should applaud rstevens for doing what we all want to do, which is go out there and see what there is there.

We have enough posts from the regulars to know what kind of people we all are and although we may not want to be best buddies with each other, we should know by now whether we are just after fame and fortune or not. I think even suggesting this ulterior motive is not very good. I mean it would be easy to just keep this kind of thing secret and not tell anyone. Maybe rstevens should have done that?

However, I do agree that it might be better NOT to post identifying remarks or locations and even identifying a wide area is possibly NOT the best thing for any Bigfoot/Dogman/cryptid - or the guy who is offering to help track these things down.

Not only that, but the authorities might well go out and eliminate anything which is found too. They have been rumoured to do that in the past, and personally, I would not be surprised if this was something they are hoping to do. So, I would suggest NOT to inform any of the authorities about this.

Images of videos of trees can be anywhere, so there is probably not much danger in posting those as long as there are no identifying points in them. And... really who cares if the skeptics disbelieve - they will do that anyway. They are probabvly working for the authorities anyway and hoping you will make a mistake and help them eliminate any trace of awkward evidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2020, 01:25 AM
 
13,485 posts, read 3,564,086 times
Reputation: 8762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
If you reveal the location then he will be swamped with trespassers and looky lous. Throwing out trash as they sightsee. Some will drive in your driveway and demand to see the place.

Rea what happene3d to Smokey Crabtree. My buddy Mike Humphreys was laughed at by local's but know they have a BF festival in Hononobia every year. It was so bad that he moved.

https://sasquatchchronicles.com/the-siege-at-honobia/

The BFRO lied to them from the beginning. and told it improperly like the residents were just local ignorant people,.
AND; No they were not poaching deer at all. Yes, they shot off the porch during the deer season and filled several tags and the freezer as well.

The point is that publicity about it causes trouble.
I have stated the location is in southern OH but would never write in the address or even the street on the internet (no matter what happened when I went there).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2020, 01:39 AM
 
13,485 posts, read 3,564,086 times
Reputation: 8762
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Do you have personal communication with any other CD poster? If you do and they know your name and have talked to you' then we could ask them to check on you if you don't report back. Or you could simply tell them when you are going and when you should return.

You have spent a lot of time talking about this field trip; what day can we expect to hear what you learned?

You stated that there was not that much woods surrounding the location you are going to. I believe you said that there were many cornfields. You also stated that the man said some of the dogmen were nine feet tall. This time of year a nine foot creature would stand out in a dead corn field. Many of those fields have been harvested for the silage and there is no place to hide. Much of the eastern side of southern Ohio does have plenty of forested land.
I have no personal communication with anyone on CD, I will certainly let my friends know when Im going and what time to expect me (for safety), if you dont see me on here after a certain date, I guess something bad has happened to me!! LOL


Im hoping to go up there early this week, mon, tues or wed. I know I keep pushing it back, but Im super busy at work, so its hard to fit in time to devote to this. Thankfully he is pretty flexible, the area he lives in does have a lot of crop fields, and they are empty right now, they are surrounded by wooded areas, some of the wooded areas are quite large. You can look at the map to get an idea of the location ( its southern OH, around the Brown/ Adams county area).


Yes, he has said one of the Dogmen is around 9ft tall...like I said in other posts, a lot of what he says just sounds too good to be true (plus he also says Bigfoots live here too), On the other hand, Ive read sighting reports for this general area and they are numerous! (Bigfoot and Dogman).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2020, 01:51 AM
 
13,485 posts, read 3,564,086 times
Reputation: 8762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
It's interesting that no one else suspects a hoax. Someone who truly believes is often willing to do anything necessary to convince others. However, the OP may be completely truthful.
Ive been on CD for awhile, If I go up there and do not see any evidence of his claims..I will be honest about it here, On the other hand, if I do see something, I realize 'extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence to back them up'.


Im not exactly sure how that will be accomplished (while protecting the location for the safety of this guy), but if it comes down to that, we can discuss ways, Im going to take 2 cell phones, a digital camera and a digital audio recorder, so any evidence is going to come in those forms.


I do believe these Dogmen exist, just from the sheer number of people that have claimed to see them, and the descriptions are almost exactly the same, (and these go back decades, long before the Dogman novelty song), as well as documented history, such as the 'Loup Garou' in the LA area, these are Dogmen.


With all that being said, will be honest, I do not expect to see anything...Ive said before, his claims sound too good to be true, one example, he claims to have seen a juvenile Dogman Bigfoot rolling around like they were playing with each other, in the woods behind his house, he has also said he once saw a 9ft tall Dogman, which he estimated, weighed 1000lbs+ (those are very extraordinary claims).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2020, 01:54 AM
 
13,485 posts, read 3,564,086 times
Reputation: 8762
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I think we should applaud rstevens for doing what we all want to do, which is go out there and see what there is there.

We have enough posts from the regulars to know what kind of people we all are and although we may not want to be best buddies with each other, we should know by now whether we are just after fame and fortune or not. I think even suggesting this ulterior motive is not very good. I mean it would be easy to just keep this kind of thing secret and not tell anyone. Maybe rstevens should have done that?

However, I do agree that it might be better NOT to post identifying remarks or locations and even identifying a wide area is possibly NOT the best thing for any Bigfoot/Dogman/cryptid - or the guy who is offering to help track these things down.

Not only that, but the authorities might well go out and eliminate anything which is found too. They have been rumoured to do that in the past, and personally, I would not be surprised if this was something they are hoping to do. So, I would suggest NOT to inform any of the authorities about this.

Images of videos of trees can be anywhere, so there is probably not much danger in posting those as long as there are no identifying points in them. And... really who cares if the skeptics disbelieve - they will do that anyway. They are probabvly working for the authorities anyway and hoping you will make a mistake and help them eliminate any trace of awkward evidence.
Yes, I agree, I will say what county in OH this is in, but nothing more.


I also agree about contacting the authorities, that is something I want to ask him about too, if the local PD knows about this activity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top