Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 07:31 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,682,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
******* attitude. the guy invites you to his home and share's this info with you and; then you take his info and dump him. Then you go poking around his area at night.

How old are you?
I understand being cautious but agree that going out there at night is probably not the best idea. The night part makes no sense to me at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2020, 11:45 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I understand being cautious but agree that going out there at night is probably not the best idea. The night part makes no sense to me at all.
I just figured that is the best time to see something, although thinking about it now, the sightings Ive listened to and read, are about 50/50, half happening during daylight, other half at night.

I definitely do not think Im being a 'backbiter' by doing this though, If I see some evidence that this is all true, Im going to keep my appt with the guy, I just want to get an idea of whats really out there, besides the guy possibly having other intentions, he could also have some of his buddies dressed up in a costume (knowing Im coming for this purpose), Im not saying he is lying about it, but again, I dont know this guy, he could be anyone, this could be his idea of a good time with his buddies, scaring the hell out of people.

Maybe I just approach these things differently now, after debating back and forth with Fisheye so much on here, I think Ive come to see this in another way, recognizing there could be ALL sort of possibilities, (that do not involve a real dogman at all), I just want to see the area by myself at first, so I can determine whats going on.

Does anyone agree with me or see my side of this? This guy doesnt own these things, its not his own personal zoo, this is a rural part of Cincinnati, I have just as much right to look around as the next guy, Im not planning on trespassing or creeping around someones house, Im just going to park on the side of the road, shut the car off and sit there for awhile.

Old 01-07-2020, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Are people really that scary in the USA? I would have thought that if he was good enough to give you his address, then he was being open and honest. Giving a friend the address and telling them you are going to be there and when, should be enough.

There is nothing you can do if it is your time to go, and I think we could all get mowed down by some drunken driver when we are crossing the road. Stuff like this happens all the time but we dont stop crossing the road in case we get killed do we?

I am really interested in this as it is a chance to get some evidence. Get him to look out for hair or suggest he does a hair trap with barbed wire. Is there a trail dogman uses because that would be the place to watch.
Some people are...I dont know this guy at all, I heard him on a radio talk show, telling his encounters, and he requested that locals contact him if they are interested in helping him get them on camera/video...he COULD be lying, this could be his buddies and his idea of a good time, to scare people half to death, one of his friends could have a really good costume, at night, being on edge, it would be scary to see that and probably hard to determine it was a guy in a suit, fear would take over.

Im just being cautious and sort of 'doing my homework' before I visit him, I want to be out in the area, alone, and listen and look around.

I will ask him about looking for hair samples, he says there are trails that deer use, but a good deal of the activity happens in a large field he has set up as a small shooting range, he says he has seen juvenile bigfoot and dogman, rolling around with each other, playing, hes also said he sees a 9ft, 1000 lb one too!

It almost sounds too good to be true.

Old 01-07-2020, 11:53 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

Yes, the guy invited me to his house...Im going because I want to see if these things are real or not, he does not own them, or the street. I just want to get an idea if there is something big running around out here.

This could be a trap, to lure people out there, thinking they are going to see Dogmen and all the sudden, you find yourself chained up in a basement! Point is, I dont know this guy at all, he could be out of his mind bonkers for all I know.

Whats wrong with that?
Buy a gun first.

Old 01-08-2020, 05:24 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,879,977 times
Good luck to you, but I suspect you wont find him....

Old 01-08-2020, 08:06 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Not sure what you are talking about?!!

Yes, the guy invited me to his house...Im going because I want to see if these things are real or not, he does not own them, or the street. I just want to get an idea if there is something big running around out here.

This could be a trap, to lure people out there, thinking they are going to see Dogmen and all the sudden, you find yourself chained up in a basement! Point is, I dont know this guy at all, he could be out of his mind bonkers for all I know.

Whats wrong with that?
Please remember that I warned you first.

Most rural people mow the rightaways and ick up trash dumped by city people. In a sense, they feel they do own the roads. Even though they don't. Know you want to insult him and try to steal his location from him. Remember you wouldn't even know about it without him. In the event you do think it a hotspot; you would be a trespasser. theft is rampant in rural areas and you might be looking down a gun barrel for them thinking you a thief.

Old 01-08-2020, 08:11 AM

2,452 posts, read 1,682,143 times
Quote:
I just figured that is the best time to see something, although thinking about it now, the sightings Ive listened to and read, are about 50/50, half happening during daylight, other half at night.

I definitely do not think Im being a 'backbiter' by doing this though, If I see some evidence that this is all true, Im going to keep my appt with the guy, I just want to get an idea of whats really out there, besides the guy possibly having other intentions, he could also have some of his buddies dressed up in a costume (knowing Im coming for this purpose), Im not saying he is lying about it, but again, I dont know this guy, he could be anyone, this could be his idea of a good time with his buddies, scaring the hell out of people.

Maybe I just approach these things differently now, after debating back and forth with Fisheye so much on here, I think Ive come to see this in another way, recognizing there could be ALL sort of possibilities, (that do not involve a real dogman at all), I just want to see the area by myself at first, so I can determine whats going on.

Does anyone agree with me or see my side of this? This guy doesnt own these things, its not his own personal zoo, this is a rural part of Cincinnati, I have just as much right to look around as the next guy, Im not planning on trespassing or creeping around someones house, Im just going to park on the side of the road, shut the car off and sit there for awhile.
I agree with everything you posted. I just do not understand doing it at night when you can't see as well. I don't know about that area but I have lived in rural areas in a few states. Parking beside the road at night can get you a visit by someone with a gun asking what the F**K you are doing. Usually someone parked out in the country at night are thieves.

The him and his buddies thing is very real.

Old 01-08-2020, 08:14 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Just part of his post:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/rura...people-so.html

That's one thing I've noticed, how many small town and/or rural people can be real "jumpy" if you, say, happen upon their area walking around or such and the way I hear so many of them talk at length about what caliber of gun they have and how "boy, just let someone try and rob me, I've got this sucker here just waiting for them" a lot of them seem so preoccupied with the topic. To me I'm like "given the extremely low likelihood of anything happening to start with I just don't think it's that much to bother with worrying about." I do have a .22, but it's much more for dealing with pest control as in those pesky armadillos that like to ransack my dog food.

When I was in the city this one spot I was out walking to the convenience store around midnight for a snack, on the way home I saw a body in the small bridge underneath where I was walking. That very homicide only appeared on like page B12 or something, around here it would be the talk of the town. This came 3 days after a night when our place was lit up in the middle of the night from police helicopters shining their lights pursuing a criminal.

Here, I leave stuff lying around lose in my yard all the time (tools, keys in the car ignition etc) and NOTHING has gone wrong, whereas in the city I couldn't leave my bicycle outside the store for even 1 minute without it being stolen. In my apartment complex, a small place with only 12 units or so, I had a bicycle stolen which was locked up. Around here, I go bicycling and leave it loose and unlocked at the lake while I'm swimming--nothing.

I'm not saying that something could not possibly happen, I understand no place is 100% perfect, but it still is a far different and more relaxed atmosphere coming from 10 years in the city and I'm like "man, what are people so scared of?" When you've lived that, people in small areas acting like their area is some big criminal hot spot, I'm like "oh please, you have no clue."

And that "go off half-cocked" tendency some have, and that paranoia about burglaries, to me such is what led to this. Heck the few times I thought I heard something, I pointed the .22 towards the CEILING and had my finger NOT on the trigger, I didn't immediately point it straight at the given area ready to fire at a split second, because of the risk of this very thing, and that risk is really much higher than a burglary, especially when you have a spouse working overnight shift work.

Old 01-08-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I agree with everything you posted. I just do not understand doing it at night when you can't see as well. I don't know about that area but I have lived in rural areas in a few states. Parking beside the road at night can get you a visit by someone with a gun asking what the F**K you are doing. Usually someone parked out in the country at night are thieves.

The him and his buddies thing is very real.
The area this is in, the houses are few and far between, its mostly corn fields and hay fields (which are barren right now), and areas of forest, Im not going to park anywhere close to anyones house.

Old 01-08-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Just part of his post:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/rura...people-so.html

That's one thing I've noticed, how many small town and/or rural people can be real "jumpy" if you, say, happen upon their area walking around or such and the way I hear so many of them talk at length about what caliber of gun they have and how "boy, just let someone try and rob me, I've got this sucker here just waiting for them" a lot of them seem so preoccupied with the topic. To me I'm like "given the extremely low likelihood of anything happening to start with I just don't think it's that much to bother with worrying about." I do have a .22, but it's much more for dealing with pest control as in those pesky armadillos that like to ransack my dog food.

When I was in the city this one spot I was out walking to the convenience store around midnight for a snack, on the way home I saw a body in the small bridge underneath where I was walking. That very homicide only appeared on like page B12 or something, around here it would be the talk of the town. This came 3 days after a night when our place was lit up in the middle of the night from police helicopters shining their lights pursuing a criminal.

Here, I leave stuff lying around lose in my yard all the time (tools, keys in the car ignition etc) and NOTHING has gone wrong, whereas in the city I couldn't leave my bicycle outside the store for even 1 minute without it being stolen. In my apartment complex, a small place with only 12 units or so, I had a bicycle stolen which was locked up. Around here, I go bicycling and leave it loose and unlocked at the lake while I'm swimming--nothing.

I'm not saying that something could not possibly happen, I understand no place is 100% perfect, but it still is a far different and more relaxed atmosphere coming from 10 years in the city and I'm like "man, what are people so scared of?" When you've lived that, people in small areas acting like their area is some big criminal hot spot, I'm like "oh please, you have no clue."

And that "go off half-cocked" tendency some have, and that paranoia about burglaries, to me such is what led to this. Heck the few times I thought I heard something, I pointed the .22 towards the CEILING and had my finger NOT on the trigger, I didn't immediately point it straight at the given area ready to fire at a split second, because of the risk of this very thing, and that risk is really much higher than a burglary, especially when you have a spouse working overnight shift work.
Even though I do believe bigfoot and dogman exist, I have my doubts about what this guy is claiming, it sounds too good to be true actually.

However, its not just him that has claimed to see these things in this area. There was an article in the local paper months ago warning residents not to go looking for the source of howling that was heard in the area, the paper implied they thought it was coyotes and some may be rabid.

Ive looked into dogman and bigfoot sightings in this general area and there are MANY.

I doubt I will see or hear anything, I dont think its going to be that easy to see creatures that are not even proven to exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal