U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2020, 01:35 PM

15,358 posts, read 12,412,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I will only comment on one I have seen in my own backyard. I was living in a rural area with a weed patch about 50' X 100" on the south east corner of the property. It was late fall so the weeds were dry(dead) and around 4' tall. At the north end of the patch a circle about 15' across appeared one morning. The weeds in the center were about 4' across and still standing upright. The center weeds were twisted in the same direction that the others were laid gown in. The ones that got "pushed" down did not go all the way to the ground and bent over about a foot above the ground.

There is no way someone done it because of how thick and brittle the weeds were. I would have easily seen the path in and out of the circle area. I have always assumed it was some sort of weird wind event.
About five or six months ago I was watching out my picture window as a severe storm approached. In an instant I watched as perhaps thirty of forty trees all came down in the neighborhood adjacent to my property. One of the neighbor's trees did fall across my driveway; but I lost no trees on my property. Also all the trees came down in the same direction so it was straight line winds and not a tornado. By the way; all the dead trees remained standing and only live trees, with leaves, came down. There were no houses damaged that I know about; which was very lucky.

My suspicion would be that it was something like a dust devil that flattened that weedy patch. Mother nature can show her power from time to time. Not everything is a paranormal event. Sometimes 'ice circles' appear in our streams and ponds: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_circle. My parents had one on their pond that was about 15' in diameter. Of course it depends on the waterflow and winds whether or not this is possible; it might not happen again for many years or ever. Of course that is what makes natural events like these so mystifying; the fact that they are not common and that is why many turn to speculate the source might not be of this world.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2020, 03:44 PM

54,008 posts, read 43,283,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I wonder if the fakes were made to debunk the real ones. Disinformation maybe. The real ones get overshadowed by people with boards, yardsticks outside at night after too much of the Devils Lettuce.
The existence of fakes has no bearing on if there are real ones.

It neither debunks them nor proves that there is a conspiracy of disinformation.

People say they're easy to tell apart but then don't follow through with any type of pictures etc. which isn't a great way to reinforce a claim.

Since you can't prove a negative, the conclusive proof would be if someone got footage of the spaceship making the circle and then taking off etc. leaving behind the circle. *shrug* Otherwise, sad to say but there is very little on this planet that people can't figure out a way to copy.

Old 01-09-2020, 03:56 PM

659 posts, read 367,532 times
If you contact me about a week before you come you could see one in my back pasture...

Last edited by raggedjim; 01-09-2020 at 04:06 PM..

Old 01-09-2020, 07:05 PM

12,371 posts, read 20,968,214 times
We had a large weed field across the street from us growing up. I found a crop circle when I was young, and got my dad to see it. He was a poor country boy, who grew up during the depression, so sometimes to feed the family he went out hunting. He said — deer. Deer are herd animals and they are also like dogs, they circle several times before laying, and they all circle in the same direction. So when I see a large circle pressed down in the same direction I think deer.

Old 01-09-2020, 07:44 PM

15,358 posts, read 12,412,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
We had a large weed field across the street from us growing up. I found a crop circle when I was young, and got my dad to see it. He was a poor country boy, who grew up during the depression, so sometimes to feed the family he went out hunting. He said — deer. Deer are herd animals and they are also like dogs, they circle several times before laying, and they all circle in the same direction. So when I see a large circle pressed down in the same direction I think deer.
The one thing I would rule out is deer. If you watch them bed down they will usually pick an area where they can see for a long way. They also do not bed down together with different animals watching different directions. Even the mothers with their fawns do not bed together. It is how they survived the predators.

But feel free to correct me since I live in a hilly, wooded, area and not in flat fields. They possibly could have adapted to their environment?

Old 01-09-2020, 07:56 PM

54,008 posts, read 43,283,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I've seen those on a few occasions over my lifetime as well. I even scared the deer up out of one as they laid there. Good point.

Old 01-09-2020, 09:02 PM

12,371 posts, read 20,968,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The one thing I would rule out is deer. If you watch them bed down they will usually pick an area where they can see for a long way. They also do not bed down together with different animals watching different directions. Even the mothers with their fawns do not bed together. It is how they survived the predators.

But feel free to correct me since I live in a hilly, wooded, area and not in flat fields. They possibly could have adapted to their environment?
They may face different directions, yes, but when they walk around in circles like a dog, they all circle right. Which would mash everything down in the same direction.

I have cats. Sometimes they circle, sometimes they just laid out. And there’s no rhyme or reason to which way they circle, cats are weird.

Old 01-09-2020, 10:29 PM

13,378 posts, read 3,532,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedjim View Post
If you contact me about a week before you come you could see one in my back pasture...
What part of KY are you in? I live in Erlanger, (northern KY).

Old 01-09-2020, 10:31 PM

17,105 posts, read 13,019,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
What part of KY are you in? I live in Erlanger, (northern KY).
I thought it was a joke --- give him a week and he would make one, no?

Old 01-10-2020, 09:32 AM

659 posts, read 367,532 times
Western KY, close to Murray, and I ain't got time to make a crop circle this weekend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal