U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-11-2020, 06:22 PM
 
11,093 posts, read 10,711,664 times
Reputation: 4332

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Here is a good article on crop circles and explores all the bases: https://www.livescience.com/26540-crop-circles.html. That said, about a third down that link, you will find this statement: "While there are countless theories, the only known, proven cause of crop circles is humans."
You are ignoring his statements about the weaving THAT HE SAW HIMSELF.
May have been humans. You tell us how they do it. Surely humans will leave some form of trash etc that DNA could be extracted from. Why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-11-2020, 06:35 PM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
17,128 posts, read 13,029,528 times
Reputation: 17516
Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedjim View Post
...I have a hard time believing aliens (which I believe may exist), who have somehow traveled vast distances using technology we do not understand, are limited to communicating with us, or other aliens, through the use of crop circles...
I know. I get it.

But, I just have read too much and seen the photos of the ones that were not there the day before...The one
in England next to the biggest telescope...OMG.
The intricacies!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2020, 05:57 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,385 posts, read 12,420,415 times
Reputation: 11608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You are ignoring his statements about the weaving THAT HE SAW HIMSELF.
May have been humans. You tell us how they do it. Surely humans will leave some form of trash etc that DNA could be extracted from. Why not?
I am not ignoring anything; I am quoting an article that ran on the Live Science link. And I believe they are correct that "the only known, proven cause of crop circles is humans." We have no proof of others making these circles; but we do know that some humans have made them. Did they make them all; I don't know. They could have since we have nothing to prove otherwise.

As far as the larger and more detailed circles; I can easily picture a frat house of even a class of students setting out to out perform the other circle artist. There are surely some humans capable of weaving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2020, 10:28 AM
 
11,093 posts, read 10,711,664 times
Reputation: 4332
I over many years helped worked the ground, plant cultivate and harvest thousands of acres of ground. The family I worked for farmed 4500 acres and when I quit 20 years or so later they were farming 17000 acres. I also know other farmers with thousands of acres and have a huge circle of contacts.

Never seen or heard of a crop circle. As a bachelor, I really got around and went to many rural bars and never even heard it spoke of other than talk of real pain for anyone they might catch stomping down the crops(PAYCHECK)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2020, 10:37 AM
 
11,093 posts, read 10,711,664 times
Reputation: 4332
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I am not ignoring anything; I am quoting an article that ran on the Live Science link. And I believe they are correct that "the only known, proven cause of crop circles is humans." We have no proof of others making these circles; but we do know that some humans have made them. Did they make them all; I don't know. They could have since we have nothing to prove otherwise.

As far as the larger and more detailed circles; I can easily picture a frat house of even a class of students setting out to out perform the other circle artist. There are surely some humans capable of weaving.
Yes you are just glossing over the facts. Crtop circles are huge and accotrding to rs62 they are weaved.You response is laughable.

You said: There are surely some humans capable of weaving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2020, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
17,128 posts, read 13,029,528 times
Reputation: 17516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I over many years helped worked the ground, plant cultivate and harvest thousands of acres of ground. The family I worked for farmed 4500 acres and when I quit 20 years or so later they were farming 17000 acres.

I also know other farmers with thousands of acres and have a huge circle of contacts.
Never seen or heard of a crop circle. As a bachelor, I really got around and went to many rural bars and never even heard it spoke of other than talk of real pain for anyone they might catch stomping down the crops(PAYCHECK)
Good info.
Here's more: I, in turn, have worked 38 years next month at my job
from Florida, NY, to now CO, USA... lived from Boston to KCMO to San Antonio in the health field....NEVER
have I heard of my clients getting a tumor on their kidney.
I'm thinking they don't exist.
Nor have any in a Subaru gotten a brain injury ---I'm buying a Subaru according to that logic...
and you should come to me for your health issues.

Bada bing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2020, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,385 posts, read 12,420,415 times
Reputation: 11608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Yes you are just glossing over the facts. Crtop circles are huge and accotrding to rs62 they are weaved.You response is laughable.

You said: There are surely some humans capable of weaving.
I am not glossing over any 'facts'. I am quoting the only known facts.

The reason that all but six states have laws against hazing is because college students have been killed: https://hazingprevention.org/home/hazing/statelaws/. Of course every year our students are still coming up with challenges for the new pledges to 'prove' their worth to the fraternity they have pledged. Creating a 'work of art' capable of fooling many could still be looked on as a possible challenge. It is a better explanation than ET travelled 1,000 light years to bend down our crops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2020, 03:55 PM
 
Location: Madison, Alabama
4,083 posts, read 2,139,932 times
Reputation: 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I am not glossing over any 'facts'. I am quoting the only known facts.

The reason that all but six states have laws against hazing is because college students have been killed: https://hazingprevention.org/home/hazing/statelaws/. Of course every year our students are still coming up with challenges for the new pledges to 'prove' their worth to the fraternity they have pledged. Creating a 'work of art' capable of fooling many could still be looked on as a possible challenge. It is a better explanation than ET travelled 1,000 light years to bend down our crops.
Many of the more detailed crop circles (assuming they're not PhotoShopped fakes) require considerable knowledge of mathematics and the ability to lay out complex figures. I'm not saying they're made by aliens, but I don't think they're made by a couple of old men armed with a 2x6 and a piece of rope either. A flock of fraternity pledges would almost certainly tramp down stalks that weren't intended to be crushed. I can't imagine how the things were made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2020, 04:17 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,385 posts, read 12,420,415 times
Reputation: 11608
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Many of the more detailed crop circles (assuming they're not PhotoShopped fakes) require considerable knowledge of mathematics and the ability to lay out complex figures. I'm not saying they're made by aliens, but I don't think they're made by a couple of old men armed with a 2x6 and a piece of rope either. A flock of fraternity pledges would almost certainly tramp down stalks that weren't intended to be crushed. I can't imagine how the things were made.
I agree with you and others that some appear to defy explanation. But, that in itself, could be the challenge for a group of pledgelings would want (anonymity)? This is an illegal act and one can be made to pay restitution. While it is possible that some stalks could be trampled down; corn would be easy to get to the middle of the field and not affect the stalks. Of course other crops would take considerable ingenuity to plan a way without trampling the stalks. But nothing like a great challenge to our youth that think they are smarter than the average bear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2020, 07:14 PM
 
11,093 posts, read 10,711,664 times
Reputation: 4332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Good info.
Here's more: I, in turn, have worked 38 years next month at my job
from Florida, NY, to now CO, USA... lived from Boston to KCMO to San Antonio in the health field....NEVER
have I heard of my clients getting a tumor on their kidney.
I'm thinking they don't exist.
Nor have any in a Subaru gotten a brain injury ---I'm buying a Subaru according to that logic...
and you should come to me for your health issues.

Bada bing.
I don't understand. All I said was that I never have seen or heard of them around me. I did not say they do not exist.

Do you give shots?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top