U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2020, 07:19 PM

11,081 posts, read 10,711,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I agree with you and others that some appear to defy explanation. But, that in itself, could be the challenge for a group of pledgelings would want (anonymity)? This is an illegal act and one can be made to pay restitution. While it is possible that some stalks could be trampled down; corn would be easy to get to the middle of the field and not affect the stalks. Of course other crops would take considerable ingenuity to plan a way without trampling the stalks. But nothing like a great challenge to our youth that think they are smarter than the average bear.

But nothing like a great challenge to our youth that think they are smarter than the average bear.[/quote]

How do you know our youth are doing it? There have been a lot of crop circles over the years and millions of college students. Some would have told the story by know. How do they weave them? Why do the real ones have weaving and the stalks angle down at an exact spot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2020, 08:51 PM

15,376 posts, read 12,420,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
But nothing like a great challenge to our youth that think they are smarter than the average bear.
How do you know our youth are doing it? There have been a lot of crop circles over the years and millions of college students. Some would have told the story by know. How do they weave them? Why do the real ones have weaving and the stalks angle down at an exact spot?[/quote]

I don't know; but I am guessing at the probability compared to ET. Kids in college do dumb things, not all of them; but some do. Trespassing is illegal and so is shoplifting; but many will choose to break our laws.

Do you know how many stalks are angled down and what is that angle? Is it any different than those done by hoaxers? What studies have been carried out on the woven stalks and how many of the ones flattened were woven?

I am just repeating that the only known way that these are made is human. If there is something else doing this we have no evidence of that. Maybe some day we will; but not today. We can speculate that there are other forces at play; but that does not make them a reality.

Old 01-12-2020, 09:46 PM

Ask 62 he posted it.

Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM

13,419 posts, read 3,543,521 times
I posted a link on this board years ago, on a thread about crop circles ( I dont think it was a thread I started though), that was very informative, it was talking mostly about the genetic changes to the crops that were laid down, I remember there was something very specific about the exact area where the crop was bent over, they showed a picture of a crop bent over with a board/ rope and another from a real crop circle, there was a big difference.

I will try to go back in my history to find that link.

Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM

3,314 posts, read 3,422,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy
People say they're easy to tell apart but then don't follow through with any type of pictures etc. which isn't a great way to reinforce a claim.

Since you can't prove a negative, the conclusive proof would be if someone got footage of the spaceship making the circle and then taking off etc. leaving behind the circle.
The UK has had these crop circles for a long time, long before these hoaxers thought of doing it.

Some of these crop circles are massive and very complicated designs, it is unlikely that even a large group of people would be enough to finish it in one night. Look them up and the images of them in Google. In England, most fields are not far away from the road, particularly in that area I mentioned near Stonehenge.

There is a video of a white orb flying around over the crop field which I have seen. CGI? I dont know.

You probably have to go to the area around Salisbury Plain (where Stonehenge is) to see them and of course they only appear sometimes and not always in the same field. Maybe you get 8-10 in a season perhaps?

Some people say that crop circles are powerful symbols which are placed in the field. These symbols affect the Earth and the surrounding countryside and people who live there. Salisbury Plain is well-known area for the military to hold their exercises, so who knows what else is there. It is a chalk area too so easy to dig underground structures.

Maybe that is a way to communicate with us, who knows?

Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM

17,124 posts, read 13,029,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The UK** has had these crop circles for a long time, long before these hoaxers thought of doing it.
I wish there was one within 500 miles of me.

Old Yesterday, 07:04 PM

17,124 posts, read 13,029,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Many of the more detailed crop circles (assuming they're not PhotoShopped fakes) require
*considerable knowledge of mathematics and the ability to lay out complex figures*.
I'm not saying they're made by aliens, but I don't think they're made by a couple of old men armed with a 2x6 and a piece of rope either.
A flock of fraternity pledges would almost certainly tramp down stalks that weren't intended to be crushed. I can't imagine how the things were made.
Exactly. Thank you.

Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM

3,314 posts, read 3,422,708 times
Quote:
Maybe you ask the Universe to provide one - and then tell you about it ?

Old Today, 09:41 AM

13,419 posts, read 3,543,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
There may be...when I came across the one I went to, it was just by luck, I happened to be in that area for work and was driving from one location to another and saw a bunch of people walking around, and cars parked alongside the road, if there had been no one around, I would have not been able to see the crop circle.

They do not look that impressive or significant from the ground.

Old Today, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The UK has had these crop circles for a long time, long before these hoaxers thought of doing it.

Some of these crop circles are massive and very complicated designs, it is unlikely that even a large group of people would be enough to finish it in one night. Look them up and the images of them in Google. In England, most fields are not far away from the road, particularly in that area I mentioned near Stonehenge.

There is a video of a white orb flying around over the crop field which I have seen. CGI? I dont know.

You probably have to go to the area around Salisbury Plain (where Stonehenge is) to see them and of course they only appear sometimes and not always in the same field. Maybe you get 8-10 in a season perhaps?

Some people say that crop circles are powerful symbols which are placed in the field. These symbols affect the Earth and the surrounding countryside and people who live there. Salisbury Plain is well-known area for the military to hold their exercises, so who knows what else is there. It is a chalk area too so easy to dig underground structures.

Maybe that is a way to communicate with us, who knows?
I don't doubt that at all. Maybe an advertisement like "EAT AT JOE'S
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal