Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2020, 05:41 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,360,745 times

Advertisements

Where are they?
Thinking of a road trip this year.
Or do they get plowed over after awhile or are on private properties only seen from the air?
Ever been to one? Is there a 'feeling' you get there?

A lot of questions, sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2020, 06:31 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,535 times
I think this would be a good start though I do not know if they have started the 2020 crop circle's yet.

https://www.cropcirclesandmore.com/w...locations.html

Please remember that if there is enough corn for a crop circle that the property almost certainly belongs to someone and you would be trespassing. Since trampled crops = lost money the owners of the property may not be too happy. They also probably also know not only the police but the judges and prosecutors. In some cases they may have all gone to school together. So be careful.

Old 01-08-2020, 07:52 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Where are they?
Or do they get plowed over after awhile or are on private properties only seen from the air?

I imagine it would be hard to find one to go see, the one I saw years ago, I just happened to drive past and saw all the people, so I stopped too... from the road, it didnt look significant, if it werent for all the people, I would have never seen it.

Yes, there was a 'feeling' inside the crop circle, felt like the air was charged with static electricity, was a weird feeling.

Its also important to know that the crops are not just bent over, they are sort of woven or braided together in a pattern.(this is how you can spot the man made ones, they are just bent over, it looks very sloppy).

Old 01-08-2020, 07:58 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Where are they?

Crop circles were dismissed as hoaxes year ago. The mystery is over as people now realize how easy it is with simple tools to create. Now I think they are mainly used for adverstisement. I guess you can visit the "South Park" crop circle, I think Papa Johns has one. HBO also.

https://www.massivemediainc.com/crop...g-massivemedia

the feeling? Like the feeling you just got duped by Madison Avenue publicists?

Old 01-08-2020, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Crop circles were dismissed as hoaxes year ago. The mystery is over as people now realize how easy it is with simple tools to create. Now I think they are mainly used for adverstisement. I guess you can visit the "South Park" crop circle, I think Papa Johns has one. HBO also.

https://www.massivemediainc.com/crop...g-massivemedia

the feeling? Like the feeling you just got duped by Madison Avenue publicists?
There are many crop circles that are man made, but its easy to tell the difference between the fakes and the real ones.

Easiest way is to look at the crops, if they are just bent over, or if they are woven together in a pattern. Also in the man made circles, the bending point on the crops will vary drastically, some crops are bent around the 2-4" mark and others are bent right at the ground, this is from the people walking and doing it with boards, the real ones, ALL the crops are bent at the exact same point.

Old 01-08-2020, 11:40 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There are many crop circles that are man made, but its easy to tell the difference between the fakes and the real ones.

Easiest way is to look at the crops, if they are just bent over, or if they are woven together in a pattern. Also in the man made circles, the bending point on the crops will vary drastically, some crops are bent around the 2-4" mark and others are bent right at the ground, this is from the people walking and doing it with boards, the real ones, ALL the crops are bent at the exact same point.
I wonder if the fakes were made to debunk the real ones. Disinformation maybe. The real ones get overshadowed by people with boards, yardsticks outside at night after too much of the Devils Lettuce.

Old 01-09-2020, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I wonder if the fakes were made to debunk the real ones. Disinformation maybe. The real ones get overshadowed by people with boards, yardsticks outside at night after too much of the Devils Lettuce.
Yep, thats my opinion...if you bring up crop circles, majority of people now think they are all done by guys with a board and a length or rope! (thats pretty darn good disinformation!)

This is basically what they do to debunk things...they come up with a reasonable explanation and hope lots of people will buy it.

Most people believe these explanations because they do not read into the details to know any better, if they had, they would know its impossible for a guy with a board and a rope to weave crops into a pattern, or to genetically change the plant during the process.

Old 01-09-2020, 07:44 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

What is the difference between a fake and a real crop circle. What is the supporting evidence of this? What studies have been done?

Old 01-09-2020, 11:11 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
What is the difference between a fake and a real crop circle. What is the supporting evidence of this? What studies have been done?
Here is what good old Wikipedia says about the history of crop circles: (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_circle) "The concept of "crop circles" began with the original late-1970s hoaxes by Doug Bower and Dave Chorley. They said that they were inspired by the Tully "saucer nest" case in Australia, where a farmer claimed to first have seen a UFO, then found a flattened circle of swamp reeds."

The article goes on to state: "In 1991, self-professed pranksters Doug Bower and Dave Chorley made headlines claiming it was they who started the phenomenon in 1978 with the use of simple tools consisting of a plank of wood, rope, and a baseball cap fitted with a loop of wire to help them walk in a straight line." Then the article goes on to state: "To prove their case they made a circle in front of journalists; a "cereologist" (advocate of paranormal explanations of crop circles), Pat Delgado, examined the circle and declared it authentic before it was revealed that it was a hoax."

So it brings up the question of who are the 'experts' on crop circles and what proof do they have to offer that these are not simply the work of the local frat house and our young with too much time on their hands?

Old 01-09-2020, 11:44 AM

2,450 posts, read 1,675,553 times
I will only comment on one I have seen in my own backyard. I was living in a rural area with a weed patch about 50' X 100" on the south east corner of the property. It was late fall so the weeds were dry(dead) and around 4' tall. At the north end of the patch a circle about 15' across appeared one morning. The weeds in the center were about 4' across and still standing upright. The center weeds were twisted in the same direction that the others were laid gown in. The ones that got "pushed" down did not go all the way to the ground and bent over about a foot above the ground.

There is no way someone done it because of how thick and brittle the weeds were. I would have easily seen the path in and out of the circle area. I have always assumed it was some sort of weird wind event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal