Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 10:52 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,978,490 times

Advertisements

We have a small bathroom with a towel rack against the far corner wall where it is pretty sheltered. I was alone in the bathroom being completely still, facing that towel when it suddenly moved as though blown by a breeze. Such a breeze would have had to have passed over me. There was no breeze! There was no wind outside either.

I tried to simulate the movement and could only get movement when I blew real hard and then the movement was quite different. I am totally baffled.

Oh, I did hear the dog sneeze a moment before the towel moved. It was as though the dog's sneezed moved it (the dog was outside a closed door). Not possible by any stretch.

Go figure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 10:59 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,920,840 times
Is there a register below in the room floor ?

Old 09-16-2015, 11:37 PM

A register? I don't know what that would be. There is nothing below, just a concrete floor. The bathroom is airtight bar the slightly open window and door which was open but into a closed area. There is no easily explained source of air movement in just that corner. The shower cubicle door opens out onto the towel rack. That's how small and sheltered that area of the bathroom is.

A weird aspect is that the two sides of the towel moved inwards and not the center area. When I try to create airflow the center moves first and then outward followed by the outer areas, which is quite different to what I saw.

By the way, I didn't experience any strange or eerie feelings, I just happened to be looking at the towel at the time and I thought it odd that I felt no breeze and that there was no apparent source of the breeze. Even more odd that I couldn't reproduce it (which kinda rules out me as being the source).

Very odd!

Old 09-16-2015, 11:59 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,245,163 times
A register is what we Yanks call the forced heating/ air conditioning floor vent.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
A register is what we Yanks call the forced heating/ air conditioning floor vent.
Thanks. No, nothing like that. We've got heat lamps which work pretty well in our winters (no snow and occasional frost). Those were on at the time.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:10 AM

12,441 posts, read 14,865,272 times
Gravity and friction. The towel shifted because the weight of the portion of the towel that wasn't balanced finally overcame the friction that held it in place.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Gravity and friction. The towel shifted because the weight of the portion of the towel that wasn't balanced finally overcame the friction that held it in place.
It didn't shift at all. only the sides moved toward the wall. I was looking at it and the center portion did not move at all, neither did the height of the bottom edge. It's baffling but there is an explanation. I just can't find it.

I just went to check on the possibility of the towel shifting. I pulled on it and found it took a fair pull to make it shift. It's not the same towel but identical and hanging very similar. I'm satisfied that shifting was not the cause. In any case, shifting has a very different motion to what I saw. It's puzzling!

Last edited by 303Guy; 09-17-2015 at 01:52 AM..

Old 09-17-2015, 09:02 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,684 times
If that happened to me, I'd say, Hello, Dad. How's Heaven? <3

Old 09-17-2015, 09:25 AM

8,055 posts, read 7,422,895 times
Someone opened a door to the outside. The air behind the towel was drawn toward the vacuum causing the towel to move as if blown by a mysterious breeze.

Old 09-17-2015, 10:03 AM

6,769 posts, read 5,482,840 times
303 Guy:

GHOSTS!

SPIRITS!

Long Dead Relatives giving you a Sign!

We just looked at a house that had a tree with a branch on the end of which was a couple of leaves jsut swinging, and NO there was no slight breeze of any kind. No animals could be discerned in the tree, we thought maybe it was a sign, but we just didn't like the house enough to buy it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal