U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 10:37 AM

8,381 posts, read 3,060,792 times

Advertisements

"Hellier is a 5-part miniseries from Planet Weird following a small team of paranormal investigators as they explore the alleged activity of goblins in the eponymous rural Kentucky town. ... They arrive in Hellier and hear stories of UFOs so ubiquitous and common that people would get bored from seeing them."

"In 2012, years before this documentary begins, Cincinnati, Ohio-based paranormal investigators Greg and Dana Newkirk (co-founders of the Traveling Museum of the Paranormal & Occult) were contacted by a man claiming that he and his family had been driven from their home by the nocturnal hijinks of creatures that came out of the abandoned mines on their property."
https://readysteadycut.com/2019/02/0...amazon-review/

Has anyone watched this? My husband and I watched the 1st 2 seasons. I found it fascinating, although I enjoyed the 1st season a little more than the 2nd season.

There's 5 seasons total, apparently, but we've just watched 2 so far.

I found it pretty intriguing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 10:50 AM

15,419 posts, read 12,440,507 times
I have not watched it; I did not see it available on Netflix or my standard channels. Maybe it is only a Amazon product?

The one thing I did want to say about any creature hiding in a cave is that they can no longer hide. Now the researchers can pull DNA from the dirt on cave floors and see what has been living in those caves for thousands of years: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ave-floor-dirt. Of course they do have some problems to work through; but they are getting better and will be able to shine some light on these old mysteries.

Old 01-13-2020, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I have not watched it; I did not see it available on Netflix or my standard channels. Maybe it is only a Amazon product?

The one thing I did want to say about any creature hiding in a cave is that they can no longer hide. Now the researchers can pull DNA from the dirt on cave floors and see what has been living in those caves for thousands of years: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ave-floor-dirt. Of course they do have some problems to work through; but they are getting better and will be able to shine some light on these old mysteries.

Yeah, I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that it's on Amazon.

Old 01-13-2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Yeah, I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that it's on Amazon.
No need to be sorry; it said Amazon right in your link! Thank you!

Old 01-13-2020, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post

The one thing I did want to say about any creature hiding in a cave is that they can no longer hide. Now the researchers can pull DNA from the dirt on cave floors and see what has been living in those caves for thousands of years: [URL]https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/01/04/507543208/dust-to-dust-scientists-find-dna-of-human-ancestors-in-cave-floor-dirt[/URL]. Of course they do have some problems to work through; but they are getting better and will be able to shine some light on these old mysteries.

Interesting article!

One of the aspects that caught my attention on Hellier, was thinking about how vast our cave systems ARE. Basically, if there are mountain ranges, there are cave systems. And the Mammoth cave system stretches throughout the Appalachians through multiple states. Perhaps all, or most of our "little green men, and little gray creatures, and Big Foots, etc., all originate from the ground, and the caves.

That's what some Native Americans believe...that Big foot actually comes out of the ground, and they feel "at war" with Big Foot.

Old 01-13-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Interesting article!

One of the aspects that caught my attention on Hellier, was thinking about how vast our cave systems ARE. Basically, if there are mountain ranges, there are cave systems. And the Mammoth cave system stretches throughout the Appalachians through multiple states. Perhaps all, or most of our "little green men, and little gray creatures, and Big Foots, etc., all originate from the ground, and the caves.

That's what some Native Americans believe...that Big foot actually comes out of the ground, and they feel "at war" with Big Foot.
I would probably like the series; I do love science fiction. However I am also a strong skeptic of all of this. When I was younger I liked the idea of Big Foot; although I never feared running into one when I was in the deep woods. My contention is that time is ticking against all of these paranormal monsters. All we need is a tuff of hair, a drop of blood, scat, or a dead one to prove their existence. And what do we have other than hearsay? Besides collecting the DNA from the dirt on cave floors; we also have trail cameras that can capture the image of anything entering or coming out of a cave.

Twenty years ago trail cameras were not that great. Even our cellphones have improved with image stabilization and magnification. What I am saying is that pretty soon there will be no hiding places. Even massive cave systems are simply just a challenge for teams of spelunkers - of course they record all their efforts.

That said, in the next few days, rstevens62 is supposed to make a trip to southern Ohio to look at dogmen. I am not expecting any great pictures; but who knows?

Old 01-13-2020, 03:01 PM

I can totally accept a sceptic to the conversation. ;-) I'm fascinated with the topic, not necessarily 'sold'.

Part of me thinks "When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail" so when you're a paranormal investigator, everything looks paranormal. LOL

Old 01-13-2020, 08:16 PM

4,089 posts, read 2,151,225 times
Quote:
[B]"Hellier[/B] is a 5-part miniseries from Planet Weird following a small team of paranormal investigators as they explore the alleged activity of goblins in the eponymous rural Kentucky town. ... They arrive in [B]Hellier[/B] and hear stories of UFOs so ubiquitous and common that people would get bored from seeing them."

"In 2012, years before this documentary begins, Cincinnati, Ohio-based paranormal investigators Greg and Dana Newkirk (co-founders of the Traveling Museum of the Paranormal & Occult) were contacted by a man claiming that he and his family had been driven from their home by the nocturnal hijinks of creatures that came out of the abandoned mines on their property."
[URL]https://readysteadycut.com/2019/02/09/hellier-season-1-amazon-review/[/URL]

Has anyone watched this? My husband and I watched the 1st 2 seasons. I found it fascinating, although I enjoyed the 1st season a little more than the 2nd season.

There's 5 seasons total, apparently, but we've just watched 2 so far.

I found it pretty intriguing.
Is it 5 seasons or 5 episodes. From the link, looks like it's a 5-part miniseries, which I interpret as being just 5 episodes.

Haven't seen it, but I'll have to check it out on Amazon (assuming it's part of Prime). I wonder if the title is a play on names with the Canadian Defence Minister, Paul Hellyer.

Are you watching Project Blue Book on History? 2nd season starts next week.

Old 01-13-2020, 10:39 PM

3,319 posts, read 3,427,080 times
The trouble is that science would like to think they have a handle on things, but for me, they are just starting out.

There is so much that we cannot explain and we should be insisting science goes in there and finds answers. If the phenomena keeps happening then science has to keep looking until it finds out why, what, and everything about it. But, as with all things - it is about money and whether the money is available to study them.

Old 01-14-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Is it 5 seasons or 5 episodes. From the link, looks like it's a 5-part miniseries, which I interpret as being just 5 episodes.

Haven't seen it, but I'll have to check it out on Amazon (assuming it's part of Prime). I wonder if the title is a play on names with the Canadian Defence Minister, Paul Hellyer.

Are you watching Project Blue Book on History? 2nd season starts next week.

It's 5 seasons. I've watched the 1st and 2nd season. Each season has...I don't know...6 episodes each maybe?

Hellier is the name of a town in Kentucky. A man had emailed Bob and Dana Newkirk (paranormal investigators, and hosts of a youtube show called Planet Weird) asking for help. The man, David Christie, said he lived on the outskirts of Hellier, close to the entrance of a mine, and he and his family were being visited and bothered by little, gray 3-toed beings, who they believed were coming from the mine, and said that they feared for their lives, and wanted help from the Newkirks to look in to it.

THAT'S what started the ball rolling. But they came to realize that what all was going on was beyond Hellier and beyond little, gray, 3-toed beings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or