U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 02:53 PM

17,525 posts, read 21,519,117 times

Advertisements

But you know what we do have? Lots and lots and LOTS of evidence that mountain lions and bears exist. Bigfoot on the other hand...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2020, 03:39 PM

15,555 posts, read 12,492,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
People see dead bears and mountain lions frequently, but the remains don't last long. I've seen large dead animals disappear within a day.
Even without predators animals do not last long on hot summer days. However the bones last longer; but even those are eaten by carnivores or even mice for the calcium.

But many of us will find remains in the woods; we just don't find any BF remains. Which actually does not make any sense if they are out there. Supposedly they are a large animal and one would think that eventually somebody would find one. What is more of a mystery, if they exist, is why none have been hit and killed on our roads. Many people have reported seeing them from a vehicle; but none have been hit and killed. While they might be strong and hardy; a semi would make short work of them and leave plenty of evidence all over the road. I have had friends that hit both bear and moose on the road driving truck and the animals did not survive.

Old 01-28-2020, 04:26 PM

1,029 posts, read 696,430 times
There are some stories by extremely credible witnesses. Those who hunted bigfoot, camped out overnight, and it was pitch black. In each scenario in different years, they found what they wanted; 7 foot+ creatures that were extremely wide, wreaking smells, and heavy breathing.

Their thrill of proving to people its existence quickly disappeared when they felt death was imminent. The unearthly and loud noises sounds they heard, the broken trees coming closer and closer, meant the creature(s) was approaching. Each of these men very experienced hunters swore to never ever go back.

Like it or not, there are many unexplained things out there Skinwalker Ranch, underwater UFO's rising from the ocean into the sky. When you hear the same story of UFOs coming out of the sea in a specific area from fishermen in Mexico & other spots worldwide, calling it fun and fantasy only makes it true if you believe all of the witnesses as liars.

Old 01-28-2020, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Even without predators animals do not last long on hot summer days. However the bones last longer; but even those are eaten by carnivores or even mice for the calcium.

But many of us will find remains in the woods; we just don't find any BF remains. Which actually does not make any sense if they are out there. Supposedly they are a large animal and one would think that eventually somebody would find one. What is more of a mystery, if they exist, is why none have been hit and killed on our roads. Many people have reported seeing them from a vehicle; but none have been hit and killed. While they might be strong and hardy; a semi would make short work of them and leave plenty of evidence all over the road. I have had friends that hit both bear and moose on the road driving truck and the animals did not survive.
If they are smart enough or have exceptional hearing like a dog to avoid humans for so long why would they be dumb enough or prone to being hit by a vehicle?

I see so many crows & vultures on the road near roadkill and they know when a car or truck is approaching and avoid vehicles in advance with ease. Why can't a BF do the same? One has to assume they know not to go near the roads.

Old 01-28-2020, 05:36 PM

1,693 posts, read 821,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
The not finding remains I understand. Out in the wild you don't find bear or mountain lion remains.
When something dies or is killed there are other animals that eat everything.
Most of the time, yes.... but occasionally, remains get preserved one way or another.
So archaeologists have found petrified dinosaur bones, saber-toothed cats trapped in tar pits,
mammoths frozen in ice, ancient human bones in caves, etc. But never a trace of Bigfoot.

Old 01-28-2020, 05:56 PM

15,555 posts, read 12,492,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
If they are smart enough or have exceptional hearing like a dog to avoid humans for so long why would they be dumb enough or prone to being hit by a vehicle?

I see so many crows & vultures on the road near roadkill and they know when a car or truck is approaching and avoid vehicles in advance with ease. Why can't a BF do the same? One has to assume they know not to go near the roads.
Yes! Have you ever traveled down South? I used to see many dogs dead on the side of the road down there. Maybe because of large farms and farmers that let their animals run free.

When I comes to wild animals being hit by vehicles many are myopic when it comes to roads. Their total concentration is on their prey and they ignore the vehicle speeding towards them. Look at how many humans are killed on our roads every year and we know the dangers! It amazed me how many hawks and owls get hit every years; you don't see a lot of them (but you aren't traveling 100,000 miles per year). Those birds of prey concentrate on the mouse, snake, rabbit on the other side of the road and they do not see that vehicle.

The one creature you do not see dead on our roads is a road scavenger; our crows. I have seen one dead on our roads but it is not common. They learned the system and they are smart and fast.

I would seriously doubt any sizable population of Big Foots would never make a mistake crossing a road.

PS One other point about their hearing: Except for those that reported Dogman; most reports of BF do not claim they have large ears. From living in the wild it is very easy to think that they hear better than us; but I would not think as good as a dog/wolf.

Old 01-28-2020, 06:08 PM

5,317 posts, read 8,297,657 times
Quote:
There are some stories by extremely credible witnesses. Those who hunted bigfoot, camped out overnight, and it was pitch black. In each scenario in different years, they found what they wanted; 7 foot+ creatures that were extremely wide, wreaking smells, and heavy breathing.

Their thrill of proving to people its existence quickly disappeared when they felt death was imminent. The unearthly and loud noises sounds they heard, the broken trees coming closer and closer, meant the creature(s) was approaching. Each of these men very experienced hunters swore to never ever go back.

Like it or not, there are many unexplained things out there Skinwalker Ranch, underwater UFO's rising from the ocean into the sky. When you hear the same story of UFOs coming out of the sea in a specific area from fishermen in Mexico & other spots worldwide, calling it fun and fantasy only makes it true if you believe all of the witnesses as liars.
Regarding Bigfoot, claims from people who have hunted Bigfoot, heard sounds, the fled for their lives swearing never to go back again, doesn't exactly provide any conclusive evidence. Noise, stink, and heavy breathing could've been anything. From your post, it seems that there were no photos, videos or sound recordings of their experiences. It's fair to say that there have been some significant claims that have indeed turned out to be money-making hoaxes. Between those who have claimed to have in their possession the carcass of a Bigfoot, which turned out to be a hoax, along with a lack of clear credible photos or videos of such creatures, that doesn't exactly lend itself as being credible. The Rick Dyer incident doesn't help prove Bigfoot.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Dyer_(Bigfoot)

Not sure why you're bringing UFOs in to the thread considering the subject is about Bigfoot. You are making a very broad claim that skeptics believe all witnesses are liars. To be fair, some of those making claims might indeed be liars, but I think most of it is misidentifying what they've seen or thought they saw. Some might simply be hopping on the bandwagon. Some might be mentally disturbed. That doesn't necessarily make them liars, but it certainly doesn't prove their points either. I do think a lot of the videos of UFOs that are easily found on YouTube, etc, are fakes. As has been said more times than I'd care to count, they are UNIDENTIFIED, which is what the U in UFO means. Nobody knows what they are. People like the late George Adamski and Billy Meier certainly don't help, unless you're convinced that there are indeed thriving, fantastic civilizations living on the surface of Venus, Saturn, etc. Please prove me wrong.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Adamski
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Meier

Old 01-28-2020, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Regarding Bigfoot, claims from people who have hunted Bigfoot, heard sounds, the fled for their lives swearing never to go back again, doesn't exactly provide any conclusive evidence. Noise, stink, and heavy breathing could've been anything. From your post, it seems that there were no photos, videos or sound recordings of their experiences. It's fair to say that there have been some significant claims that have indeed turned out to be money-making hoaxes. Between those who have claimed to have in their possession the carcass of a Bigfoot, which turned out to be a hoax, along with a lack of clear credible photos or videos of such creatures, that doesn't exactly lend itself as being credible. The Rick Dyer incident doesn't help prove Bigfoot.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Dyer_(Bigfoot)

Not sure why you're bringing UFOs in to the thread considering the subject is about Bigfoot. You are making a very broad claim that skeptics believe all witnesses are liars. To be fair, some of those making claims might indeed be liars, but I think most of it is misidentifying what they've seen or thought they saw. Some might simply be hopping on the bandwagon. Some might be mentally disturbed. That doesn't necessarily make them liars, but it certainly doesn't prove their points either. I do think a lot of the videos of UFOs that are easily found on YouTube, etc, are fakes. As has been said more times than I'd care to count, they are UNIDENTIFIED, which is what the U in UFO means. Nobody knows what they are. People like the late George Adamski and Billy Meier certainly don't help, unless you're convinced that there are indeed thriving, fantastic civilizations living on the surface of Venus, Saturn, etc. Please prove me wrong.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Adamski
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Meier

I certainly don't believe all reports either. I am not gullible but I also won't dismiss it when the person is credible and has nothing to gain. when the story is outlandish or the person sounds or looks like a whacko I'll move on quick.
I was referencing;
"BEYOND THE FRAY: BIGFOOT. Shannon Legro & Michael Hopf

Eyewitness reports;
Kenneth Arnold in 1947
David 2001 - Boundaries Froth
source: Coast to Coast AM 1-19-2020

another story about someone who used the sounds of a crying baby to attract a bigfoot.

Good story and narration. Perhaps they are just good storytellers, idk. I'd like law enforcement or military to confirm a sighting. Many people who serve (incl. me) are just plain honest.

I brought in UFOs as a correlation because people quickly dismiss all UFO sightings as well as Bigfoot. Aside from the whackos, xlnt salesmen, or misidentifications when you hear numerous similar stories from living native Indian tribes or foreigners about their encounters in their countries about Bigfoots you have to start thinking it's not just some whacky American seeking attention. You start thinking that the percentages of them existing increases and that they may actually live out in certain wooded areas and are not fairy tale unicorns.
For them to be moving in and out of dimensions is a stretch yet our some elite physicists claim there are wormholes. This may be 100-200 years off into the future. Who would've thought we'd have AI technology 100 years ago or an iPhone microcomputer that's stronger than the 1960's space craft.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:20 PM

5,317 posts, read 8,297,657 times
Quote:
I brought in UFOs as a correlation because people quickly dismiss all UFO sightings as well as Bigfoot. Aside from the whackos, xlnt salesmen, or misidentifications when you hear numerous similar stories from living native Indian tribes or foreigners about their encounters in their countries about Bigfoots you have to start thinking it's not just some whacky American seeking attention. You start thinking that the percentages of them existing increases and that they may actually live out in certain wooded areas and are not fairy tale unicorns.
The only correlation between Bigfoot and UFOs, are the the 'evidence' for both amounts to questionable descriptions and blurry photos or videos. If they can be assumed to be real, then so can fairies, fire-breathing dragons, ghosts, unicorns, and Santa Claus who has a workshop at the North Pole. Unfortunately, the problem is there's still not a shred of credible evidence to support the claims of Bigfoot, and while you're entitled to believe they exist, or give benefit of the doubt based on stories, you'd have no way to know for sure that they do in fact exist. That doesn't mean some people haven't seen something that looked unusual, but even then it's inconclusive. What they saw or heard could have been anything.

Quote:
For them to be moving in and out of dimensions is a stretch yet our some elite physicists claim there are wormholes. This may be 100-200 years off into the future. Who would've thought we'd have AI technology 100 years ago or an iPhone microcomputer that's stronger than the 1960's space craft.
Please explain what you mean by "dimensions". What is a dimension and how does something move in and out of it? I also don't understand what you mean by "...100-200 years off into the future." Are you speculating that Bigfoot is from the future?

Old 01-28-2020, 09:50 PM

11,240 posts, read 10,762,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post

Two supposedly's and the sentence isn't even over.

Supposedly they are a large animal and one would think

You just enhance the negatives with your statements. Not everyone says these are just animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal