Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 10:37 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
But you know what we do have? Lots and lots and LOTS of evidence that mountain lions and bears exist. Bigfoot on the other hand...?
Care to take a guess how many Bigfoot sightings are reported each year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2020, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
I certainly don't believe all reports either. I am not gullible but I also won't dismiss it when the person is credible and has nothing to gain. when the story is outlandish or the person sounds or looks like a whacko I'll move on quick.
I was referencing;
"BEYOND THE FRAY: BIGFOOT. Shannon Legro & Michael Hopf

Eyewitness reports;
Kenneth Arnold in 1947
David 2001 - Boundaries Froth
source: Coast to Coast AM 1-19-2020

another story about someone who used the sounds of a crying baby to attract a bigfoot.

Good story and narration. Perhaps they are just good storytellers, idk. I'd like law enforcement or military to confirm a sighting. Many people who serve (incl. me) are just plain honest.

I brought in UFOs as a correlation because people quickly dismiss all UFO sightings as well as Bigfoot. Aside from the whackos, xlnt salesmen, or misidentifications when you hear numerous similar stories from living native Indian tribes or foreigners about their encounters in their countries about Bigfoots you have to start thinking it's not just some whacky American seeking attention. You start thinking that the percentages of them existing increases and that they may actually live out in certain wooded areas and are not fairy tale unicorns.
For them to be moving in and out of dimensions is a stretch yet our some elite physicists claim there are wormholes. This may be 100-200 years off into the future. Who would've thought we'd have AI technology 100 years ago or an iPhone microcomputer that's stronger than the 1960's space craft.
Ive actually read quite a few Dogman encounters that happened to Law enforcement officers, while on duty.

Ive heard the theories of Bigfoot being able to step in and out of dimensions, and to be honest, I do not believe it, its too fantastic and unrealistic. Im not sure how they are able to allude man like they do, but I would bet there is a good explanation for it.

Old 01-29-2020, 06:01 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive heard the theories of Bigfoot being able to step in and out of dimensions, and to be honest, I do not believe it, its too fantastic and unrealistic.
Inter-dimensional Bigfoot is far more plausible than several hundred giant primates running around the wilds of North America without leaving behind a single verifiable trace of their existence. In order of likelihood ...

1. Bigfoot does not exist.

2. Bigfoot is supernatural.

3. Wookiees are real, and only George Lucas knows it. Chewbacca is his way of leaking the conspiracy to the public.

4. - 721. Lots of other explanations.

722. Several hundred carnivorous primates are roaming the wilds of North America, continually evading cameras, cars, hunters, satellites, etc., all while somehow managing to leave behind not a single trace of their existence. Not a body. Not a bone. Not a hunk of hair. Not a pile of droppings. Nada. Nothing.

Old 01-29-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Inter-dimensional Bigfoot is far more plausible than several hundred giant primates running around the wilds of North America without leaving behind a single verifiable trace of their existence. In order of likelihood ...

1. Bigfoot does not exist.

2. Bigfoot is supernatural.

3. Wookiees are real, and only George Lucas knows it. Chewbacca is his way of leaking the conspiracy to the public.

4. - 721. Lots of other explanations.

722. Several hundred carnivorous primates are roaming the wilds of North America, continually evading cameras, cars, hunters, satellites, etc., all while somehow managing to leave behind not a single trace of their existence. Not a body. Not a bone. Not a hunk of hair. Not a pile of droppings. Nada. Nothing.
That isnt true at all...Lots of people report sightings and encounters every year, quite a few casts of large footprints are taken as well.

Old 01-29-2020, 10:20 AM

Quote:
That isnt true at all...Lots of people report sightings and encounters every year, quite a few casts of large footprints are taken as well.
And for all those supposed sightings, we still don't have a single good photo or video that holds up to scrutiny. The footprints are repeatedly exposed as hoaxes or from another animal.

Old 01-29-2020, 10:55 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
If you have a cast then there is a chance you have DNA. If there is enough documentation of the collection of the DNA and one can convince a genetics lab to run the sample; then we might be on the path to proving an existence. I suspect that this is happening and people are simply not releasing the results. I feel it is a conspiracy to keep the myth alive. I especially suspect Idaho State University professor Jeff Meldrum of having his cast tested and he did not like the results. Idaho State U has a genetics lab and it is hard to believe that professor Meldrum was not curious if he indeed did have proof. I could even picture the genetics lab offering to test his cast.

Old 01-29-2020, 10:59 AM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
50 years ago, there was a possibility of an undiscovered primate roaming the wilds.
Today, with the technology we have and in use, and the enormous amount of people actively and obsessively searching for this animal, we most definitely would have concrete and indisputable evidence. That's just how it is.

And unfortunately bigfoot "research" has totally jumped the shark in recent years. It's sad. It's become such a pathetic parody of itself. I used to really enjoy watching documentaries and reading up and such, now I can't get through 2 minutes of one of these shows without infinite eyerolls and facepalms. It's just not real, that's the cold hard truth. But there is a ton of money in it so it will continue to be a mainstream phenomenon.

And not to be a total Debbie Downer, the Patterson-Gimlin film is quite compelling.
Especially for the time period it was created.
As an uber skeptic, I do find the film to appear very authentic and would have been quite the undertaking to hoax with such detail.
So for the still-believers I'll say this, maybe, just maybe, this animal did exist up until the late 60's or 70's. But it was definitely on it's last leg as a species and if it did indeed exist, it most probably went extinct 40-50 years ago.
Patterson may have actually filmed one of the last living individuals of this species.

Old 01-29-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
And not to be a total Debbie Downer, the Patterson-Gimlin film is quite compelling.
That has been debunked as a hoax again and again and again.

Old 01-29-2020, 12:32 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Wikipedia goes into a lot of detail on that film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterson–Gimlin_film. If one reads their section on "Hoax Allegations" it would be hard to come away without some doubts.

I am still not crazy about a large reward offered for a body. Considering that all we really know is that humans do exist and we have no real proof of BF; it is easy to think the first dead BF will end up as a human. Many humans have killed other humans for a lot less than $100,000. I can easily picture somebody thinking that hunter in camouflage or a Ghillie suit is their ticket to wealth. Even just large people working outside in poor lighting or in brown snow suits could be at risk. There was a woman in Maine that was shot for a deer because she wore white mittens. As much as I would like to see somebody examine a body; I do not want to see people killed.

Last edited by fisheye; 01-29-2020 at 01:48 PM..

Old 01-29-2020, 12:53 PM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Quote:
Never said it wasn't a hoax.
Hoax or not, still a compelling piece of film.
So is the first Jurassic Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal