U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2020, 09:56 AM

17,544 posts, read 21,543,571 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2020, 01:14 PM

5,047 posts, read 3,188,878 times
You can tell it is going to be groundbreaking because of the amount of stuff it is going to discuss that is over 40 years old.

Old 01-30-2020, 10:42 PM

13,900 posts, read 3,675,926 times
I may be thinking of a different series, but is this the one that is basically a re creation of the Roswell event? ( I saw a trailer for it the other day and it looked very good).

Old 01-30-2020, 11:44 PM

10,985 posts, read 23,685,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I may be thinking of a different series, but is this the one that is basically a re creation of the Roswell event? ( I saw a trailer for it the other day and it looked very good).
Have you checked out History Channels "Project Bluebook"?...

It is not bad but still there is some rather drawn out drama to make it more viewer friendly...All and all not a bad show IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4w84Jz47Rg

Old 01-31-2020, 09:59 AM

5,067 posts, read 3,996,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Have you checked out History Channels "Project Bluebook"?...

It is not bad but still there is some rather drawn out drama to make it more viewer friendly...All and all not a bad show IMO.
I liked season 1 very much, and am looking forward to season 2. Anyone who's a fan of the old X Files will like Project Bluebook will probably like it. I'll wait to decide on The Phenomenon until I see some reviews.

Old 01-31-2020, 08:50 PM

4,138 posts, read 2,199,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
You're probably thinking about "Project Blue Book", a 10-episode series (drama, not documentary) on the History Channel, Tuesday nights at 10 Eastern, 9 Central. This is the second season. There was another series, I think on NBC, back in the 1970s. It's available on YouTube and has some pretty cheesy acting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I liked season 1 very much, and am looking forward to season 2. Anyone who's a fan of the old X Files will like Project Bluebook will probably like it. I'll wait to decide on The Phenomenon until I see some reviews.
I suppose you're also watching Season 2 that started a couple of weeks ago? The first two episodes were about Roswell, and I believe the 3rd episode will be about Area 51 (which didn't exist at the time the program takes place in the early '50s, but that's beside the point). It's a pretty good entertaining program.

I believe "The Phenomenon" will only be in theaters.

Old 02-01-2020, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Y
I suppose you're also watching Season 2 that started a couple of weeks ago? The first two episodes were about Roswell, and I believe the 3rd episode will be about Area 51 (which didn't exist at the time the program takes place in the early '50s, but that's beside the point). It's a pretty good entertaining program.
Yep - purchased Season 2 on iTunes, will watch episodes 1&2 this weekend.

Old 02-02-2020, 04:15 PM

699 posts, read 119,973 times
Information the UFO investigation community keeps quiet about...
The Alien Abduction Deception: The Demonic Truth [Part 1]

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lyYStHGxjFk

Old 02-02-2020, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
Information the UFO investigation community keeps quiet about...
The Alien Abduction Deception: The Demonic Truth [Part 1]
Not exactly. From Jacques Vallee's Passport to Magonia (p. 152):

Quote:
What does it all mean? Is it reasonable to draw a parallel between religious apparitions, the fairy-faith, the reports of dwarf-like beings with supernatural powers, the airship tales in the United States in the last century, and the present stories of UFO landings?

I would strongly argue that it is -- for one simple reason: the mechanisms that have generated these various beliefs are identical."
Vallee wasn't claiming these phenomena are demonic. He was suggesting that there's an underlying purpose behind all these experiences (a deception, in the video's terms): an attempt to communicate and convince via these varied experiences of the Other over the centuries. Encounters with faerie, the demonic, and "aliens" are all the same thing, in other words.

Those from a Judeao-Christian background will understand these communications to be demonic in nature - as did Fr. Seraphim Rose, in his Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future, who cites Dr Vallee at various points in the text. He also quotes various other authors: Steiger who referred to the phenomena as "multi-dimensional", Hynek and Vallee who suggested "interlocking universes" are involved, Keel who referred to an "invisible world which surrounds us and occasionally engulfs us". That's a far cry from a belief in physical spaceships on a tour of the galaxy.

So there have been plenty in the "UFO investigation community" who have noted the other-worldly strangeness of the phenomena - without taking the leap to connecting alien abduction to what's traditionally described as demonic in some religious traditions, which is a theological leap that will only be convincing to those who are from those traditions (how do we know the phenomenon isn't "pretending" to react to the name of Jesus?). The authors of the film apparently aren't aware they're not breaking new ground in making a connection between alien abductions and the demonic.

Old 02-02-2020, 06:42 PM

699 posts, read 119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Not exactly. From Jacques Vallee's Passport to Magonia (p. 152):
Vallee wasn't claiming these phenomena are demonic. He was suggesting that there's an underlying purpose behind all these experiences (a deception, in the video's terms): an attempt to communicate and convince via these varied experiences of the Other over the centuries. Encounters with faerie, the demonic, and "aliens" are all the same thing, in other words.

Those from a Judeao-Christian background will understand these communications to be demonic in nature - as did Fr. Seraphim Rose, in his Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future, who cites Dr Vallee at various points in the text. He also quotes various other authors: Steiger who referred to the phenomena as "multi-dimensional", Hynek and Vallee who suggested "interlocking universes" are involved, Keel who referred to an "invisible world which surrounds us and occasionally engulfs us". That's a far cry from a belief in physical spaceships on a tour of the galaxy.

So there have been plenty in the "UFO investigation community" who have noted the other-worldly strangeness of the phenomena - without taking the leap to connecting alien abduction to what's traditionally described as demonic in some religious traditions, which is a theological leap that will only be convincing to those who are from those traditions (how do we know the phenomenon isn't "pretending" to react to the name of Jesus?). The authors of the film apparently aren't aware they're not breaking new ground in making a connection between alien abductions and the demonic.
“ how do we know the phenomenon isn't "pretending" to react to the name of Jesus?”

Really?? What would be the motivation of the phenomenon to “pretend” to react to the name of Jesus? Why is that the only thing known to have any impact on stopping an abduction? Shouldn’t that information be made known to people?
You seem willing to believe anything so long as it helps you dismiss the demonic implications of what is occurring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal