U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 10:58 PM

14,103 posts, read 3,737,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywally51 View Post
First I heard of it, probably started by the kenites to keep changing the focus, keep them guessing and from them being exposed.....

not the Nephilim either....dead too long....just my 2 cents....

Well, there are some strange verses relating to Cain, and he would bare some kind of physical mark, that other people could see, and God would condemn anyone who tried to kill Cain (his punishment was to walk the earth until God returns...so that means, he and his descendants would still be alive today)...

Im not sure where they got the 'covered in hair' aspect from though, there is no way to know what Cains 'mark' was, plus, none of the verses mentioned Cain being 10ft tall and weighing 1000 lbs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2020, 07:08 AM

17,606 posts, read 21,580,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, there are some strange verses relating to Cain, and he would bare some kind of physical mark, that other people could see, and God would condemn anyone who tried to kill Cain (his punishment was to walk the earth until God returns...so that means, he and his descendants would still be alive today)...
No. You're mixing up your stories. Cain was banished and cursed so that the earth would no longer yield crops to him, and he was given a mark so that others wouldn't kill him. That's it. See Genesis 4:10-16 ---

Quote:
God then said: What have you done? Your brother’s blood cries out to me from the ground! Now you are banned from the ground that opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand. If you till the ground, it shall no longer give you its produce. You shall become a constant wanderer on the earth.

Cain said to the LORD: “My punishment is too great to bear. Look, you have now banished me from the ground. I must avoid you and be a constant wanderer on the earth. Anyone may kill me at sight.”

Not so! the LORD said to him. If anyone kills Cain, Cain shall be avenged seven times. So the LORD put a mark on Cain, so that no one would kill him at sight.

Cain then left the LORD’s presence and settled in the land of Nod, east of Eden.

I think you're confusing that with the story about Longinus, the centurion who stabbed Jesus on the cross. There is an old legend that he was condemned to walk the Earth until Christ's Second Coming. But that isn't in the Bible or in any official Church teaching. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longinus

Fun fact: Longinus was taken up to be the main character in the CASCA action/adventure novels in the late '70s. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casca_(series)

Still no Bigfoot connection. The only one I know of who fought Bigfoot in the '70s was Steve Austin, the Six Million Dollar Man --- and that Sasquatch turned out to be an alien robot, which is a lot more plausible than 8 ft primates roaming the Northwest.

Old 02-14-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
No. You're mixing up your stories. Cain was banished and cursed so that the earth would no longer yield crops to him, and he was given a mark so that others wouldn't kill him. That's it. See Genesis 4:10-16 ---

I think you're confusing that with the story about Longinus, the centurion who stabbed Jesus on the cross. There is an old legend that he was condemned to walk the Earth until Christ's Second Coming. But that isn't in the Bible or in any official Church teaching. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longinus

Fun fact: Longinus was taken up to be the main character in the CASCA action/adventure novels in the late '70s. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casca_(series)

Still no Bigfoot connection. The only one I know of who fought Bigfoot in the '70s was Steve Austin, the Six Million Dollar Man --- and that Sasquatch turned out to be an alien robot, which is a lot more plausible than 8 ft primates roaming the Northwest.
Wasnt it Cain who was also cursed to walk the earth until God returned? I thought that was part of his curse (along with the 'mark')?

I will be honest, I do not know the bible that well, I have read some of it...The only other thing that I can think of that could be interpreted as being associated with a bigfoot type creature, (not sure on book or verse), there is some section that talks about a man becoming a 'beast of the field', ( i believe this was a form of punishment from God, but Im not 100% on that), I would have to do some reading, but I believe 'covered in hair' was mentioned as well.

I do know for a fact though, that NO ONE knows exactly what Cains physical 'mark' was, there are many theories, but the bible doesnt go into detail about it., (Im not sure if any other book from that time does)?

However, if the mark was intended to discourage people from killing Cain...my opinion is, it would have to be something fairly significant...maybe something to scare people into thinking Cain COULD NOT be killed, (So they would not even attempt it)...but thats just my opinion.

Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM

17,606 posts, read 21,580,841 times
Quote:
Wasnt it Cain who was also cursed to walk the earth until God returned? I thought that was part of his curse (along with the 'mark')?
There may be legends and folk tales with that in it. I'm not sure. But it's not in the Bible.

Quote:
I will be honest, I do not know the bible that well, I have read some of it...The only other thing that I can think of that could be interpreted as being associated with a bigfoot type creature, (not sure on book or verse), there is some section that talks about a man becoming a 'beast of the field', ( i believe this was a form of punishment from God, but Im not 100% on that), I would have to do some reading, but I believe 'covered in hair' was mentioned as well.
Nebuchadnezzar. The whole story is in Daniel 4, but here is the bit you're thinking of:

22 You will be driven from human society and will make your home with the wild animals, you will feed on grass, as oxen do, you will be drenched by the dew of heaven; seven times will pass over you until you have learnt that the Most High rules over human sovereignty and confers it on whom he pleases.

23 'And the order, "Leave the stump and roots of the tree", means that your kingdom will be kept for you until you come to understand that Heaven rules all.

24 May it please the king to accept my advice: by upright actions break with your sins, break with your crimes by showing mercy to the poor, and so live long and peacefully.'

25 This all happened to King Nebuchadnezzar.

26 At the end of twelve months, while strolling on the roof of the royal palace in Babylon,

27 the king was saying, 'Great Babylon! Was it not built by me as a royal residence, by the force of my might and for the majesty of my glory?'

28 The words were not out of his mouth when a voice came down from heaven: 'Of you, King Nebuchadnezzar, it is decreed: the empire has been taken from you,

29 you will be driven from human society and will make your home with the wild animals; you will feed on grass, as oxen do, and seven times will pass over you until you have learnt that the Most High rules over human sovereignty and gives it to whom he pleases.'

30 The words were immediately fulfilled: Nebuchadnezzar was driven from human society and ate grass as oxen do; he was drenched by the dew of heaven; his hair grew like an eagle's feathers, and his nails became like a bird's talons.

Old Yesterday, 09:31 PM

Quote:
There may be legends and folk tales with that in it. I'm not sure. But it's not in the Bible.

Nebuchadnezzar. The whole story is in Daniel 4, but here is the bit you're thinking of:

22 You will be driven from human society and will make your home with the wild animals, you will feed on grass, as oxen do, you will be drenched by the dew of heaven; seven times will pass over you until you have learnt that the Most High rules over human sovereignty and confers it on whom he pleases.

23 'And the order, "Leave the stump and roots of the tree", means that your kingdom will be kept for you until you come to understand that Heaven rules all.

24 May it please the king to accept my advice: by upright actions break with your sins, break with your crimes by showing mercy to the poor, and so live long and peacefully.'

26 At the end of twelve months, while strolling on the roof of the royal palace in Babylon,

27 the king was saying, 'Great Babylon! Was it not built by me as a royal residence, by the force of my might and for the majesty of my glory?'

28 The words were not out of his mouth when a voice came down from heaven: 'Of you, King Nebuchadnezzar, it is decreed: the empire has been taken from you,

29 you will be driven from human society and will make your home with the wild animals; you will feed on grass, as oxen do, and seven times will pass over you until you have learnt that the Most High rules over human sovereignty and gives it to whom he pleases.'

30 The words were immediately fulfilled: Nebuchadnezzar was driven from human society and ate grass as oxen do; he was drenched by the dew of heaven; his hair grew like an eagle's feathers, and his nails became like a bird's talons.
Wow, that is weird...its strange though, nowhere in Gods curse does it say he will physically change him into something else...(Im not even sure what he changed into...something with feathers all over and sharp claws?

* This was not the section I was referring to though, I will look for it again here shortly, I know they used the phrase 'beast of the field/ specifically.

Old Today, 12:34 AM

Quote:

What I was referring to was the story of Esau and Jacob...

The bible says Jacob 'fooled' their father by putting a goat skin on, so when his father felt him, he thought he was feeling Esau (this apparently means Esau was covered in hair, like an animal).

Esau was a 'man of the field', whose blessing was to live apart from Jacob and the other smooth skinned people, Esau would live in the woods, get his food and water from nature, there are a few websites I found that explain the connection to Bigfoot better than I can, just googled Esau, man of the field, Bigfoot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal