U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2020, 09:17 AM

17,544 posts, read 21,543,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
IMO They are not unknown Primates.
Agreed.

If Bigfoot exists --- and here I must part company with our beloved Versatile, because I think the jury is still out on this --- then the supernatural is the only plausible explanation.

When you factor in the number of creatures you'd need to maintain a healthy breeding population (several hundreds at least), the daily caloric needs of a creature that size, the lack of calories in the North American wild, and the utter lack of physical evidence, then you can conclude with 99.99999999999999999999999999999% certainty that there is no way Bigfoot is an elusive primate or mammal of any sort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2020, 01:04 PM

212 posts, read 51,406 times
Default Crazy bears/Bigfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
As I have said many times; time is running out on BF. Fifty years ago I thought it might be possible. Today all the odds are against these creatures living among us. There are cameras watching everything and almost everybody has a good camera on them. Plus there are even more cameras every single day. Our world shrunk and they have no place to hide. Even the dirt on the cave floors can now be looked at for past DNA.

Plus the whole subject is littered with hoaxes/misidentifications and we have no means, without solid evidence, to sort out truth from fiction. At this point in the game, without anything coming forward, all the cards are against the animal even if it had existed years ago.

So you did not press your father for details when he talked about releasing "crazy bears" and now that is your evidence that Big Foot exist? Why don't you just say the legend was about crazy bears? It is a large leap of faith to assume anything else and you know what the say when we 'assume'!

Dad had been watching them whenever he could, I think we both took the leap you can't, back then when it was more topical.

Just looking for others who may have heard about it. Not whether or not you believe it...

Old 02-03-2020, 01:19 PM

13,899 posts, read 3,675,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywally51 View Post
Dad had been watching them whenever he could, I think we both took the leap you can't, back then when it was more topical.

Just looking for others who may have heard about it. Not whether or not you believe it...

I recently went up to a guy house in southern OH in an attempt to see a Dogman, however he claims there are numerous Bigfoot in the area as well, he claims he and his neighbors see them all the time.

Old 02-03-2020, 01:42 PM

12,237 posts, read 22,310,075 times
Quote:
As I have said many times; time is running out on BF. Fifty years ago I thought it might be possible. Today all the odds are against these creatures living among us. There are cameras watching everything and almost everybody has a good camera on them. Plus there are even more cameras every single day. Our world shrunk and they have no place to hide. Even the dirt on the cave floors can now be looked at for past DNA.

Plus the whole subject is littered with hoaxes/misidentifications and we have no means, without solid evidence, to sort out truth from fiction. At this point in the game, without anything coming forward, all the cards are against the animal even if it had existed years ago.

So you did not press your father for details when he talked about releasing "crazy bears" and now that is your evidence that Big Foot exist? Why don't you just say the legend was about crazy bears? It is a large leap of faith to assume anything else and you know what the say when we 'assume'!
I agree that by now we should have seen some proof. If there is none in the next 5 years then I think it's been busted as fake. People have also set up duct tape to try to get bigfoot hair.

Old 02-03-2020, 02:24 PM

15,610 posts, read 12,522,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I agree that by now we should have seen some proof. If there is none in the next 5 years then I think it's been busted as fake. People have also set up duct tape to try to get bigfoot hair.
Many people have tried many ways to get any evidence and they have come up empty handed.

Some of the states, that have several sightings, do not have a lot of forest land or they have small tracks of forest surrounded by farmland. One can see a lot from the air when not restricted by trees. But, even with the trees, we have had people looking at our forest using infrared technology to point them in the right direction to find Big Foot. Maybe those Colorado drones were searching for it as far as we know? But during the winter months many of our trees are bare and one can see a long ways through a bare forest with snow on the ground. One would think that even a low flying crop duster or Cessna would have spotted an unusual animal and called it into the airport or authorities. Small aircraft are not allowed to go lower than 500 feet when over rural areas and 1000 feet when in metropolitan areas. But one can see a lot from 500 or 1000 feet; especially during the winter on snow. A huge brown creature, highlighted by a white background, would stick out like a sore thumb.

Old 02-03-2020, 03:39 PM

11,305 posts, read 10,784,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Agreed.

If Bigfoot exists --- and here I must part company with our beloved Versatile, because I think the jury is still out on this --- then the supernatural is the only plausible explanation.

When you factor in the number of creatures you'd need to maintain a healthy breeding population (several hundreds at least), the daily caloric needs of a creature that size, the lack of calories in the North American wild, and the utter lack of physical evidence, then you can conclude with 99.99999999999999999999999999999% certainty that there is no way Bigfoot is an elusive primate or mammal of any sort.
The breeding I don't know. The calories are there. I know in Mo a BF can live a great life of eating local plants, Deer dog, cats, etc, etc.. All of this is an assumption from what I have seen and been told and read about.

I agree this is something supernatural.

Old 02-03-2020, 04:16 PM

12,237 posts, read 22,310,075 times
Quote:
Many people have tried many ways to get any evidence and they have come up empty handed.

Some of the states, that have several sightings, do not have a lot of forest land or they have small tracks of forest surrounded by farmland. One can see a lot from the air when not restricted by trees. But, even with the trees, we have had people looking at our forest using infrared technology to point them in the right direction to find Big Foot. Maybe those Colorado drones were searching for it as far as we know? But during the winter months many of our trees are bare and one can see a long ways through a bare forest with snow on the ground. One would think that even a low flying crop duster or Cessna would have spotted an unusual animal and called it into the airport or authorities. Small aircraft are not allowed to go lower than 500 feet when over rural areas and 1000 feet when in metropolitan areas. But one can see a lot from 500 or 1000 feet; especially during the winter on snow. A huge brown creature, highlighted by a white background, would stick out like a sore thumb.
I know there's 2 to 4 shows on finding Bigfoot. Wonder why none have? Heck Joshua Gates or another guy Forrest looked for one of them like the Yeti. even brought back a piece of a yeti that Buddhists had but that came back that the hair they brought to test was too old to be of use or something like that

Last edited by Roselvr; 02-03-2020 at 04:25 PM..

Old 02-03-2020, 04:56 PM

15,610 posts, read 12,522,189 times
Quote:
I know there's 2 to 4 shows on finding Bigfoot. Wonder why none have? Heck Joshua Gates or another guy Forrest looked for one of them like the Yeti. even brought back a piece of a yeti that Buddhists had but that came back that the hair they brought to test was too old to be of use or something like that
When a team went over there collecting DNA and samples all they found was bear, goat, human and dog DNA if I remember correctly: https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017...-belongs-bears. I do not watch Joshua Gates anymore; he had his chance and I see him more as a self-promoter.

Old 02-03-2020, 05:26 PM

11,305 posts, read 10,784,295 times
Quote:

Shows are shows. Movies are movies. They don't belong in the conversation.

Old 02-03-2020, 05:34 PM

11,331 posts, read 13,005,425 times
It's pretty much over. If this thing existed it would have been found in the past 5 years.
All the tech and people wandering the woods we would've had definitive proof by now.
That's just how it is.

The tv shows will continue. There is big money in looking for bigfoot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal