U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-05-2020, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,616 posts, read 12,529,672 times
Reputation: 11768

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
How do you know that those black bears were not misidentified and actually BF. WE need some video and some DNA would be nice.

Shoot yotes at night on snow might get you one-shot ever and then they will never chump for that. Why do you think a BF would chump for something like that? Were you trying to call a BF or a yote? Even if you did see one; you would think bear to a certain point. BF usually lay up with snow on the ground.

I guarantee that they are smarter than you think. As for reports. Have you ever asked anyone in LE about BF sightings?
Just think about it. What do we have clear pictures of? Try typing in pictures of bear on Google. Then try typing in pictures of Big Foot on Google. Clearly the number of all of the clear pictures of bear outweigh the clear pictures of Big Foot. On the face of that evidence I would have to assume that bears are being misidentified as Big Foot.

You say you know where they are; then start loading some clear pictures on Google so we can then have an equal representation of what you claim.

If Big Foot "usually lay up with snow of the ground" where does it go? It doesn't live in caves otherwise we would have good DNA or our spelunkers would have met it.

How do you know they are so smart? Did you ever give them an SAT or IQ test? How do you determine intelligence from a wild creature that has never been in captivity or tested? Maybe when you send in the body for $100,000 we can at least look at the size of the brain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-05-2020, 08:12 PM
 
1,042 posts, read 701,743 times
Reputation: 1190
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Just think about it. What do we have clear pictures of? Try typing in pictures of bear on Google. Then try typing in pictures of Big Foot on Google. Clearly the number of all of the clear pictures of bear outweigh the clear pictures of Big Foot. On the face of that evidence I would have to assume that bears are being misidentified as Big Foot.

You say you know where they are; then start loading some clear pictures on Google so we can then have an equal representation of what you claim.

If Big Foot "usually lay up with snow of the ground" where does it go? It doesn't live in caves otherwise we would have good DNA or our spelunkers would have met it.

How do you know they are so smart? Did you ever give them an SAT or IQ test? How do you determine intelligence from a wild creature that has never been in captivity or tested? Maybe when you send in the body for $100,000 we can at least look at the size of the brain?

We are into 2020 and opposite arguments seem to work the past few years.

Don't you know from the media that the burden of proof shifts back to non-believer (or accuser)? Simply because you and others say you need physical proof does not mean it didn't happen.

Tell that to the people who had physical proof. I get it there's more hoaxers and fakes out there yet some mysteries and some incidents remain forever unexplained and physical evidence won't be an explanation.

You claim it is a wild creature. how do you know that as a fact?
ridiculing people online is very juvenile & childish.

Once again. Is your purpose on this topic to simply ridicule or make intelligent discussion?
We all know and want physical proof. Without it is smoke & mirrors?
Tell that to the Indians, Russians, and other people in other parts of the world their legendary beast can't pass a SAT. You just figure they ALL mistook the creature, perpetrate the lie for business, and it's just some dumb ape or neanderthal. Let's say 95% are fake sightings and explainable.

Please prove they are not intelligent. So far they can disappear at will and leave no DNA.

Again, there are thousands of discoveries in the universe and on earth that we could not fathom.

Some more quotes;

"A closed mind is one that is has stopped thinking or reached its limit.

Arguing with closed minded people is like describing a sunset to a blind man.

The problem with closed minded people is their mouth is always open.

An open-minded person see life without boundaries. Whereas a closed minded person can only see what's beyond their eyes."

Many 20-30 year investigators are baffled on a plethora of events that happen in the world. They would certainly get no where with a person who is quickly dismissive and ridicules thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2020, 09:03 PM
 
13,935 posts, read 3,690,147 times
Reputation: 9008
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
However we are still left with those that misidentified the 'creature' they saw. It was as real as real can get; but it was a bear or human standing or partially hidden by the trees. In their minds they saw a Big Foot; but that does not make scientific reality.

Why should I search out witnesses? When I go to my camp to fish I travel three miles and a half miles on dirt roads through the forest to get to our lake. The large property is surrounded by thousands of acres of virgin forest and swamps. If there is a place for one of these to hide; that would be the place. I have been back at our cabin late at night with a crippled rabbit caller playing to try and get some of our coyotes. If they were meat eaters one would thing they would be curious. Our cabin is surrounded by ten acres of open fields and you can see for a long way with snow on the ground and good moonlight. Even during the Fall we have apple trees and one would think that this animal, like bears, would not pass by an apple tree.

On that subject of apple trees. Where are the reports from our orchards of these creatures? I hear of bears destroying fruit trees for the fruit; but where are the reports of Big Foot destroying fruit trees? If they are not eating people and not going after livestock; berries and fruit trees would be another source and I do not hear those reports. Keep in mind that many people in rural areas also planted fruit trees; I had nine until recently when the fire blight destroyed them. Why did I not see these creatures in my back yard?
Ive never read an encounter that involved an orchard, that is strange, because I know Bigfoot researchers will often leave apples and other fruit as gifts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2020, 05:11 AM
 
Location: Alamogordo, NM
6,566 posts, read 6,274,348 times
Reputation: 4522
https://youtu.be/k9_aRI7KshY

Look to the Pacific Northwest, people. I grew up in Edmonds, 15 miles north of Seattle. I didn't see a Sasquatch but I heard something when I was 13 at the edge of the woods that I can not explain. I've never heard it again. Have any of you heard it said that when a Sasquatch is near you you freeze and the hair stands up on your neck? That happened during this incident.

We lived on a hill above Puget Sound. Down the hill sat our neighbors house to our left. A small black dog stood staring where I was hearing some of the strangest noises I have ever heard. He was frozen but he would not stop barking.

Some creature was taking the huge lower branch of a Douglas fir tree and shaking it violently. Now, I grew up right next to 200 acres of land owned by the University of Washington. It was a huge forest preserve. Whatever thing this was was just yelling and screaming to high heaven with a voice that sounded like a hoarse, gigantic pig. It sounded like it wanted something really bad but couldn't get it to come down from the tree.

Now what was that? It couldn't have been a bear - I know how bears sound and this creature made sounds no bear makes at all - and a bear couldn't have stood up on two legs and had the agility and balance left to violently shake a huge lower tree branch. A bear doesn't make a noise like this thing did. I was frozen staring that way, just like the dog.

It commanded every living creature's attention. It was extremely loud and lower branches of Pacific NW old growth are not a few feet off the ground. These trees were tall - I'd estimate them being 75 to 150 feet tall.

This went on for about 10 minutes. When it gave up doing whatever it was doing it walked back into the interior of the woods, snapping branches under it's feet. Totally freaked me out. A cougar could not have done this. A bear could not have done this either. We don't have javelinas up in the Pacific Northwest. I slowly walked up the hill to our house, looking back at the edge of the woods. Totally freaked me out. The man in this video, Paul Freeman, mentioned in this interview that he was scared of the Sasquatchs.

I totally get that. I believe that what I heard but didn't see was a Sasquatch. Paul Freeman experienced a Sasquatch family in the Blue Mts. of eastern Washington. I grew up on the rainy side of Washington. Sasquatchs love the Pacific Rim. This includes British Columbia. They are real and they are out there.

Last edited by elkotronics; 02-06-2020 at 06:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2020, 06:11 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,616 posts, read 12,529,672 times
Reputation: 11768
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
We are into 2020 and opposite arguments seem to work the past few years.

Don't you know from the media that the burden of proof shifts back to non-believer (or accuser)? Simply because you and others say you need physical proof does not mean it didn't happen.

Tell that to the people who had physical proof. I get it there's more hoaxers and fakes out there yet some mysteries and some incidents remain forever unexplained and physical evidence won't be an explanation.

You claim it is a wild creature. how do you know that as a fact?
ridiculing people online is very juvenile & childish.

Once again. Is your purpose on this topic to simply ridicule or make intelligent discussion?
We all know and want physical proof. Without it is smoke & mirrors?
Tell that to the Indians, Russians, and other people in other parts of the world their legendary beast can't pass a SAT. You just figure they ALL mistook the creature, perpetrate the lie for business, and it's just some dumb ape or neanderthal. Let's say 95% are fake sightings and explainable.

Please prove they are not intelligent. So far they can disappear at will and leave no DNA.

Again, there are thousands of discoveries in the universe and on earth that we could not fathom.

Some more quotes;

"A closed mind is one that is has stopped thinking or reached its limit.

Arguing with closed minded people is like describing a sunset to a blind man.

The problem with closed minded people is their mouth is always open.

An open-minded person see life without boundaries. Whereas a closed minded person can only see what's beyond their eyes."

Many 20-30 year investigators are baffled on a plethora of events that happen in the world. They would certainly get no where with a person who is quickly dismissive and ridicules thought.
I am on here because I am open minded; all I want to see is proof. If 50% of the sightings are fake or hoaxes; how can we tell that the other 50% are true sightings without proof? Campfire stories are campfire stories unless you take the next step. We need a means to measure which ones are on what side of that 50% line.

I try very hard to not ridicule anybody. But I do not buy products sight unseen; I want to examine before I buy. With the millions of cameras maybe you can explain why there is not one clear picture of a Big Foot? Technology has radically changed since the first accounts of Big Foot; it is not on Big Foots side since our world gets smaller everyday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2020, 08:53 AM
 
11,311 posts, read 10,790,961 times
Reputation: 4439
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I am on here because I am open minded; all I want to see is proof. If 50% of the sightings are fake or hoaxes; how can we tell that the other 50% are true sightings without proof? Campfire stories are campfire stories unless you take the next step. We need a means to measure which ones are on what side of that 50% line.

I try very hard to not ridicule anybody. But I do not buy products sight unseen; I want to examine before I buy. With the millions of cameras maybe you can explain why there is not one clear picture of a Big Foot? Technology has radically changed since the first accounts of Big Foot; it is not on Big Foots side since our world gets smaller everyday.
Hey fishy catch a clue. People other than I say you are rude. I had to try and change the way I say things in my posts.

Most campfire stories don't have to be true. They are to scare little kids. We are starting to get posters posting about encounters that have never been here posting. These are not campfire stories.

You come on with an attitude that runs them off.

elkotronics; Today at 06:03 AM.. How can you say this is a campfire story?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2020, 08:58 AM
 
11,311 posts, read 10,790,961 times
Reputation: 4439
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
https://youtu.be/k9_aRI7KshY

Look to the Pacific Northwest, people. I grew up in Edmonds, 15 miles north of Seattle. I didn't see a Sasquatch but I heard something when I was 13 at the edge of the woods that I can not explain. I've never heard it again. Have any of you heard it said that when a Sasquatch is near you you freeze and the hair stands up on your neck? That happened during this incident.

We lived on a hill above Puget Sound. Down the hill sat our neighbors house to our left. A small black dog stood staring where I was hearing some of the strangest noises I have ever heard. He was frozen but he would not stop barking.

Some creature was taking the huge lower branch of a Douglas fir tree and shaking it violently. Now, I grew up right next to 200 acres of land owned by the University of Washington. It was a huge forest preserve. Whatever thing this was was just yelling and screaming to high heaven with a voice that sounded like a hoarse, gigantic pig. It sounded like it wanted something really bad but couldn't get it to come down from the tree.

Now what was that? It couldn't have been a bear - I know how bears sound and this creature made sounds no bear makes at all - and a bear couldn't have stood up on two legs and had the agility and balance left to violently shake a huge lower tree branch. A bear doesn't make a noise like this thing did. I was frozen staring that way, just like the dog.

It commanded every living creature's attention. It was extremely loud and lower branches of Pacific NW old growth are not a few feet off the ground. These trees were tall - I'd estimate them being 75 to 150 feet tall.

This went on for about 10 minutes. When it gave up doing whatever it was doing it walked back into the interior of the woods, snapping branches under it's feet. Totally freaked me out. A cougar could not have done this. A bear could not have done this either. We don't have javelinas up in the Pacific Northwest. I slowly walked up the hill to our house, looking back at the edge of the woods. Totally freaked me out. The man in this video, Paul Freeman, mentioned in this interview that he was scared of the Sasquatchs.

I totally get that. I believe that what I heard but didn't see was a Sasquatch. Paul Freeman experienced a Sasquatch family in the Blue Mts. of eastern Washington. I grew up on the rainy side of Washington. Sasquatchs love the Pacific Rim. This includes British Columbia. They are real and they are out there.
I understand. That tree shaking is a deal-breaker for those claiming it a bear. I have seen a 60 ft tall tree shaking like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2020, 09:15 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
15,616 posts, read 12,529,672 times
Reputation: 11768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Hey fishy catch a clue. People other than I say you are rude. I had to try and change the way I say things in my posts.

Most campfire stories don't have to be true. They are to scare little kids. We are starting to get posters posting about encounters that have never been here posting. These are not campfire stories.

You come on with an attitude that runs them off.

elkotronics; Today at 06:03 AM.. How can you say this is a campfire story?
Of course there are those that believe. Make me a believer; give me something to sink my teeth in.

You have all of these encounters, including elkotronics, and not one clear picture or did anybody collect hair or DNA. So how do we know that one was not a bear? Bear can balance and walk on two legs; there are videos of them doing just that. Could one bear sound differently than another bear; it depends on the circumstances. We do not know what caused the animal to shake the limb. Maybe there was another animal on the limb that it wanted to eat?

Thousands of stories and all we have are stories; even though cameras are all around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2020, 09:27 AM
 
11,311 posts, read 10,790,961 times
Reputation: 4439
From all your posts we know you have access to thousands of acres in Pa. How about we arrange for a PA Research group come to your place and take a look around with you along. I am sure they would be glad to show you the evidence they find and already have from the past. You have the time, location, intelligence, etc to be a fair judge.
Please don't hide behind "Why should I?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2020, 10:14 AM
 
13,935 posts, read 3,690,147 times
Reputation: 9008
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Of course there are those that believe. Make me a believer; give me something to sink my teeth in.

You have all of these encounters, including elkotronics, and not one clear picture or did anybody collect hair or DNA. So how do we know that one was not a bear? Bear can balance and walk on two legs; there are videos of them doing just that. Could one bear sound differently than another bear; it depends on the circumstances. We do not know what caused the animal to shake the limb. Maybe there was another animal on the limb that it wanted to eat?

Thousands of stories and all we have are stories; even though cameras are all around.
Many of these encounters happen so fast and are so unexpected, its not really a surprise that there are so few clear pictures.


Not to mention, the FEAR associated with these encounters, I have never seen something like this, but from those that have, they claim the fear is indescribable, that has to be taken into consideration.


I realize its NOT PROOF positive, but you have to factor in how many reports and sighting encounters happen too, and not only from regular civilians, there are many from game wardens, law enforcement officers, military people, etc. Why would these people make up a story, especially when such a thing has potential to threaten their income/job?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top