U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 10:27 AM

11,332 posts, read 10,800,312 times

Advertisements

I think Encounter is a more professional than a story.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=encoun...lvar=0&PC=HCTS

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2020, 10:36 AM

6,589 posts, read 6,284,522 times
fisheye - the fear element is huge. This was not a bear - come on, use your head. This creature would have to be tall to shake a Douglas Fir lower branch. Have you ever been to the great Pacific Northwest? Probably not. I grew up there. The lower branches of a Douglas Fir start at anywhere from 5 feet high to 15-20 feet high. What I heard was not a bear. I know what bears sound like. This thing hollered out in a really, strange, violent manner. Just like the branch shaking - VIOLENTLY.

There's no way I was going to go down there by where it was! No way! I saw the branch shake VIOLENTLY. Keep an open mind! These are ape-related creatures. They can and do climb trees and they're as strong as hell. He or she could've held on to the stalk of the tree with one huge hand and shook that branch with the other hand. But the branch I saw shaking was down low towards the ground. Yes, you are right on that, fisheye, the Sasquatch no doubt wanted something to fall down out of that tree. Could've been a bird of some kind - could've been a cougar or bobcat, eh?

There have been far too many incidents to discount the existence of Bigfoot. FAR TOO MANY! Many incidents have been reported from the State of Pennsylvania. Go check with interested parties and learn. Be humble. Meek. Teachable. Not a know it all.

Old 02-06-2020, 12:27 PM

15,638 posts, read 12,541,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
fisheye - the fear element is huge. This was not a bear - come on, use your head. This creature would have to be tall to shake a Douglas Fir lower branch. Have you ever been to the great Pacific Northwest? Probably not. I grew up there. The lower branches of a Douglas Fir start at anywhere from 5 feet high to 15-20 feet high. What I heard was not a bear. I know what bears sound like. This thing hollered out in a really, strange, violent manner. Just like the branch shaking - VIOLENTLY.

There's no way I was going to go down there by where it was! No way! I saw the branch shake VIOLENTLY. Keep an open mind! These are ape-related creatures. They can and do climb trees and they're as strong as hell. He or she could've held on to the stalk of the tree with one huge hand and shook that branch with the other hand. But the branch I saw shaking was down low towards the ground. Yes, you are right on that, fisheye, the Sasquatch no doubt wanted something to fall down out of that tree. Could've been a bird of some kind - could've been a cougar or bobcat, eh?

There have been far too many incidents to discount the existence of Bigfoot. FAR TOO MANY! Many incidents have been reported from the State of Pennsylvania. Go check with interested parties and learn. Be humble. Meek. Teachable. Not a know it all.
Your account is about a 'creature' that it sounds like you did not clearly see. You talk about a shaking lower branch of a Douglas Fir that could have been only five feet off the ground; you did not measure it at a later (safe) time. But you are sure this was a Big Foot encounter.

We are still left with just a story from a young 'elkotronics'. You give us no proof of what you saw or heard. I am not calling you a liar; it is just this is simply one more case that cannot be backed up with evidence or other witnesses other than the dog. So what are you giving me to make me humble and meek. This 'evidence' could not go into a classroom textbook unless the class is about folklore. Teach me by coming forth with evidence.

Old 02-06-2020, 03:23 PM

1,045 posts, read 703,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I am on here because I am open minded; all I want to see is proof. If 50% of the sightings are fake or hoaxes; how can we tell that the other 50% are true sightings without proof? Campfire stories are campfire stories unless you take the next step. We need a means to measure which ones are on what side of that 50% line.

I try very hard to not ridicule anybody. But I do not buy products sight unseen; I want to examine before I buy. With the millions of cameras maybe you can explain why there is not one clear picture of a Big Foot? Technology has radically changed since the first accounts of Big Foot; it is not on Big Foots side since our world gets smaller everyday.
Okay, I understand. it's just colorful words or comments like a Brit might do.
Maybe I am channeling my feelings about people dismissing every UFO sighting with some of your comments on BF. I don't know.

I cannot explain the lack of evidence of this creature just like some people claim to have seen unexplained sea creatures or other things. Apparently we (and other govts.) do have evidence of ET UFO's so why not BF? That's a good argument. The only evidence is eyewitness accounts for BF. That is odd.

So you believe 50% of the stories? I believe less than that. I focus on the trust factor and character of the persons who claim to be eyewitnesses.

I think we can't simply dismiss all eyewitness accounts around the world as hoaxes or mistaken as bears/apes due to a lack of physical evidence. Yes we know bears and mammals always leave clues yet BF doesn't which means we have to open our minds to the impossible.

The impossible used to be wormholes but theoretical physicists say they can exist on earth, so far for just small objects.
Our Native Indians have encountered BF for centuries and have no regrets or embarrassments in telling people. To them, if you don't believe it is simply your limitations or boundaries. No loss on their part.

I do have to say I have trouble believing a lot of other mythical creature sightings in the U.S. The non-westernized countries sightings really catch my attention because they aren't usually seeking attention.

Last edited by frankrj; 02-06-2020 at 03:51 PM..

Old 02-06-2020, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
Okay, I understand. it's just colorful words or comments like a Brit might do.
Maybe I am channeling my feelings about people dismissing every UFO sighting with some of your comments on BF. I don't know.

I cannot explain the lack of evidence of this creature just like some people claim to have seen unexplained sea creatures or other things. Apparently we (and other govts.) do have evidence of ET UFO's so why not BF? That's a good argument. The only evidence is eyewitness accounts for BF. That is odd.

So you believe 50% of the stories? I believe less than that. I focus on the trust factor and character of the persons who claim to be eyewitnesses.

I think we can't simply dismiss all eyewitness accounts around the world as hoaxes or mistaken as bears/apes due to a lack of physical evidence. Yes we know bears and mammals always leave clues yet BF doesn't which means we have to open our minds to the impossible.

The impossible used to be wormholes but theoretical physicists say they can exist on earth, so far for just small objects.
Our Native Indians have encountered BF for centuries and have no regrets or embarrassments in telling people. To them, if you don't believe it is simply your limitations or boundaries. No loss on their part.

I do have to say I have trouble believing a lot of other mythical creature sightings in the U.S. The non-westernized countries sightings really catch my attention because they aren't usually seeking attention.
I just used 50% as an analogy. We need some way to sort this all out. If you ask Google how many people suffer from mental illness in a given year you will get this response: "Approximately 1 in 5 adults in the U.S.—43.8 million, or 18.5%—experiences mental illness in a given year." Believe me I am not accusing all Big Foot believers of having mental illness. If you ask Google what percentage of Americans use illegal drugs every month you will get this: "Illicit drug use in the United States has been increasing. In 2013, an estimated 24.6 million Americans aged 12 or older—9.4 percent of the population—had used an illicit drug in the past month." Believe me I am not trying to say all Big Foot believers use illegal drugs.

I could go on with other searches for things that could cause an individual to think they saw something that they did not. And then we have the misidentification of real creatures that some think were Big Foot. We just need evidence to be able to sift out real from unreal.

I wish that we could believe everybody on face value; but we cannot. Humans are human. How many spam calls do you get that only want money and will say and do anything to get your money? I had smoked for thirty years and I gave up smoking twenty years ago. We, including my late wife, had to get all new friends. Our old friends did not want to see us give up smoking and kept offering us cigarettes or smoked in front of us as we were giving up. They did not want to be stuck with a bad habit by themselves. One would think that the people you trusted the most would want the best for you and that was not the case. So who do we trust; do we trust everybody that we meet or do we allow time and facts lead to that trust?

Old 02-06-2020, 06:46 PM

Quote:
I just used 50% as an analogy. We need some way to sort this all out. If you ask Google how many people suffer from mental illness in a given year you will get this response: "Approximately 1 in 5 adults in the U.S.—43.8 million, or 18.5%—experiences mental illness in a given year." Believe me I am not accusing all Big Foot believers of having mental illness. If you ask Google what percentage of Americans use illegal drugs every month you will get this: "Illicit drug use in the United States has been increasing. In 2013, an estimated 24.6 million Americans aged 12 or older—9.4 percent of the population—had used an illicit drug in the past month." Believe me I am not trying to say all Big Foot believers use illegal drugs.

I could go on with other searches for things that could cause an individual to think they saw something that they did not. And then we have the misidentification of real creatures that some think were Big Foot. We just need evidence to be able to sift out real from unreal.

I wish that we could believe everybody on face value; but we cannot. Humans are human. How many spam calls do you get that only want money and will say and do anything to get your money? I had smoked for thirty years and I gave up smoking twenty years ago. We, including my late wife, had to get all new friends. Our old friends did not want to see us give up smoking and kept offering us cigarettes or smoked in front of us as we were giving up. They did not want to be stuck with a bad habit by themselves. One would think that the people you trusted the most would want the best for you and that was not the case. So who do we trust; do we trust everybody that we meet or do we allow time and facts lead to that trust?

Blah Blah Blah. How about post #49

Are you slippin? You never miss responding to my posts recently.

Old 02-06-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Blah Blah Blah. How about post #49

Are you slippin? You never miss responding to my posts recently.
I told you that we, me and 19 other members, own 650 acres surrounded by thousands of acres of forest. At one time I did have permission to also hunt many thousands of acres; but that was in the past because of the current liability. I cannot make decisions on my own to bring back any one group; it must go through the membership and I doubt they would agree. I have asked our Game Commission to come back and check out my sighting of a mountain lion; but they declined.

PS One other point to frankrj is that most of us on here are posting with anonymity. We do use an avatar so nobody really knows who is speaking. Also many do not even like to tell others what state they live in or town. We are anonymous like the telemarketers that calls your home and our caller ID says "unknown".

Old 02-06-2020, 09:37 PM

14,009 posts, read 3,712,425 times
Quote:

Even with hallucinogenic drugs like LSD, a person doesnt just see something that isnt there (LSD doesnt really work that way), and NO street drug does, it more or less subtly changes things that are already there, like blurring an image or tracers off fast moving lights, sort of like that.

Old 02-07-2020, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Even with hallucinogenic drugs like LSD, a person doesnt just see something that isnt there (LSD doesnt really work that way), and NO street drug does, it more or less subtly changes things that are already there, like blurring an image or tracers off fast moving lights, sort of like that.
The one thing you can say is there is no one size fits all. Some people become paranoid and some people don't. Plus many mix drugs; both legal and illegal. Then you have sellers that can spike their drugs. Toss in the high number of Americans suffering from mental illness.

But going back to my point that all of us are using an avatar. We do not have our real names here on City Data. So we are listening to people that don't want to be identified; but want to be believed. Evidence is the only way to find out what you really observed.

Old 02-07-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
The one thing you can say is there is no one size fits all. Some people become paranoid and some people don't. Plus many mix drugs; both legal and illegal. Then you have sellers that can spike their drugs. Toss in the high number of Americans suffering from mental illness.

But going back to my point that all of us are using an avatar. We do not have our real names here on City Data. So we are listening to people that don't want to be identified; but want to be believed. Evidence is the only way to find out what you really observed.

. Toss in the high number of Americans suffering from mental illness.

Either on drugs or this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal