U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2020, 02:34 PM

212 posts, read 50,800 times

Advertisements

in the Spirit of Legends, sightings as well

But as a teen my father had a penchant for knowing what others shied away from, UfO's , Bigfoot, the strange

And he briefly told me of an old American Indian Legend concerning bigfoot, and it was the way

the legend goes, that little moons would come down form the sky and let out the crazy bears.

I didn't press the details as I was a teen and just wanted to hang with my friends....

Later on after I got internet, I did a search just to see what I'd come up with, and I got diddly.

So I'm posting here to see if anyone ever heard that or a similar story...cuz it's not that far out to believe

cuz we don't know that much about UFO's, tho I do think they're from another dimension ! and not from some distant world, Mars etc.

and I'm too old to go Bigfoot watching, just curious...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2020, 05:03 PM

15,596 posts, read 12,513,907 times
Almost all accounts of a BF have been of a wild creature and not one displaying any advanced technology. So how would a wild creature know where these portals will open and why do we not know where they open? Why are we even unsure if these things do exist?

As far as old tribal stories or any other stories; stories do not make fact. Even if they did; why would you translate "crazy bears" into Big Foot? It could simply have been a tribal member named "Little Moon" that came down from the mountain and left out some crazy bear cubs that were being held in a pen. We really do not know with the information you provided. Not all roads lead to the unknown.

Unfortunately that is the state of our 'proof' of the existence of these creatures; most is based on hearsay.

Old 02-02-2020, 06:56 PM

11,284 posts, read 10,777,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Almost all accounts of a BF have been of a wild creature and not one displaying any advanced technology. So how would a wild creature know where these portals will open and why do we not know where they open? Why are we even unsure if these things do exist?

As far as old tribal stories or any other stories; stories do not make fact. Even if they did; why would you translate "crazy bears" into Big Foot? It could simply have been a tribal member named "Little Moon" that came down from the mountain and left out some crazy bear cubs that were being held in a pen. We really do not know with the information you provided. Not all roads lead to the unknown.

Unfortunately that is the state of our 'proof' of the existence of these creatures; most is based on hearsay.
These creatures have been known to disappear in front of people., They disappear for weeks on end during snow . Trackways just quit.

Old 02-02-2020, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post

Ok, so you don't believe !

Old 02-02-2020, 08:40 PM

15,596 posts, read 12,513,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywally51 View Post
Ok, so you don't believe !

As I have said many times; time is running out on BF. Fifty years ago I thought it might be possible. Today all the odds are against these creatures living among us. There are cameras watching everything and almost everybody has a good camera on them. Plus there are even more cameras every single day. Our world shrunk and they have no place to hide. Even the dirt on the cave floors can now be looked at for past DNA.

Plus the whole subject is littered with hoaxes/misidentifications and we have no means, without solid evidence, to sort out truth from fiction. At this point in the game, without anything coming forward, all the cards are against the animal even if it had existed years ago.

So you did not press your father for details when he talked about releasing "crazy bears" and now that is your evidence that Big Foot exist? Why don't you just say the legend was about crazy bears? It is a large leap of faith to assume anything else and you know what the say when we 'assume'!

Old 02-02-2020, 09:52 PM

8,425 posts, read 7,257,604 times
The crazy bears of America have all joined their cousins in Canada.

Old 02-02-2020, 11:29 PM

13,843 posts, read 3,663,458 times
Im not sure I believe Bigfoot are from 'other dimensions' (it just sounds too fantastic, too bizarre), however I do believe there is 'something' about their nature, that probably explains why and how they are able to allude man for so long.

I think one day, if someone ever produces a body or living specimen, it will be discovered why and how they have been so stealthy over the years, ( Im in NO WAY, claiming to know what this may be though), I just believe there is probably a more realistic/practical explanation.

Regarding UFOs/UAPs...Im starting to believe they are ultra terrestrial (originates on earth), but they reside in a place we are not able to access (kind of like the movie 'Midnight Special' depicted).

Old Yesterday, 06:31 AM

6,539 posts, read 10,241,155 times
"Bigfoot" isn't a spirit, a folktale, or in some other dimension. It's an actual creature, an unknown species of primate, that has eluded scientist and the general public for hundreds of years due to their incredible speeds and agility and shrouded habitats embedded deep in lakes and forest underground. The "Yeti" creature is of the same archetypal species but adapted and acclimated to the climate of the Himalayas. People have been made to sound crazy talking about these living beast because their names and film depictions precede them but it's unfortunate. There is so much exciting information to learn and have an intelligent discussion about. With increase in technology, they'll eventually be discovered. It's simply a matter of time.

Old Yesterday, 06:57 AM

Default cousins

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoisite View Post
the crazy bears of america have all joined their cousins in canada.

lmao

Old Yesterday, 08:12 AM

11,284 posts, read 10,777,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
"Bigfoot" isn't a spirit, a folktale, or in some other dimension. It's an actual creature, an unknown species of primate, that has eluded scientist and the general public for hundreds of years due to their incredible speeds and agility and shrouded habitats embedded deep in lakes and forest underground. The "Yeti" creature is of the same archetypal species but adapted and acclimated to the climate of the Himalayas. People have been made to sound crazy talking about these living beast because their names and film depictions precede them but it's unfortunate. There is so much exciting information to learn and have an intelligent discussion about. With increase in technology, they'll eventually be discovered. It's simply a matter of time.

IMO They are not unknown Primates. I don't know what they are. I think they are connected to the missing people Paluidies writes about. Some form of a changed human.

You said: shrouded habitats embedded deep in lakes and forest underground.

Wrong

These creatures are in and town and cities that provide cover. IMO these are young males just out. wandering after they are run off by an older male of a group. Sounds Primate through in this respect.

Then we have: When you start messing with them and you live in the area of there AO then they will come to mess with you. Years ago my cousin in Ar told me that. It happened to me in rural Kansas City and then I start hearing it on Youtube.

The Govt knows very well about them and what they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal