Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 09:50 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,353,220 times

Advertisements

Okay, this is very weird and I am prepared for plenty of "eye rolling" responses, but seeing the current "Grandma" thread reminded me of something that has happened to me about ten times over the past 25 years since my grandmother died.

I did not even like my grandmother, and our relationship was always difficult (long story), and one of the things she did to irritate me was to nibble HARD on my ear lobe as a means of expressing affection (she said), although I always hated it. (Yeah, I know, weird.)

Well, you guessed it, about ten times since she died, I had that exact same feeling on my ear lobe, to the point that it hurt. So as I am a very logical person and I would be VERY tempted to say that it was just a figment of my imagination, the fact is that when this has happened, I wasn't even thinking of her but just doing something like reading a book or driving my car. Btw, I never had that sensation before my grandmother died except when she was actually doing that to me.

So to ask the question that so many of you ask in this forum: Has anything similar happened to any of you?

Last edited by katharsis; 02-05-2020 at 10:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2020, 09:55 AM

1,096 posts, read 418,415 times
Not from a person haven't had that but I believe you. I have felt my deceased cat walking around the end to middle of my bed when I'm sitting up reading in bed. I can feel all four paws and the weight of them as he walks. That is the closest I've had to what you are saying but it wasn't a person. Since you would associate that with her and only her, she may be trying to say hi or let you know she's around.

Old 02-05-2020, 10:41 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Like coffeemoments, I have felt one of my cats walking on the bed and cuddling up next to me after she disappeared. It felt so weird that I would be excited, thinking she had come home, and I'd flip on the light and there was nothing there. It happened repeatedly for a while after she disappeared and then stopped. I have had several cats that died, but it only happened with that one.

Also, I was at my parents' house for Thanksgiving one year. My dad always said a prayer before the meal and the family was all standing in the kitchen and dining room when he said the prayer. There were quite a few people there. I was standing between the stove and a kitchen island. During the prayer I felt someone put their hands on my shoulders and pass behind me. The hands on the shoulders to me felt like they were just giving me a heads up that they needed to get through. After the prayer ended I looked to me left, which is the direction the person went, and there was only my mom standing to my left. I said "Did you just walk behind me?" and she shook her head "no."

My niece's daughter had died in an accident less than three months prior to that. My niece was at the Thanksgiving dinner that day. I wasn't close to her daughter. If it was her daughter, I don't know why she'd pass behind ME and not her mother. If not her, I don't know who it would have been. But I definitely felt someone squeeze behind me and put their hands on my shoulders.

Old 02-06-2020, 08:54 AM

1,096 posts, read 418,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Like coffeemoments, I have felt one of my cats walking on the bed and cuddling up next to me after she disappeared. It felt so weird that I would be excited, thinking she had come home, and I'd flip on the light and there was nothing there. It happened repeatedly for a while after she disappeared and then stopped. I have had several cats that died, but it only happened with that one.

Also, I was at my parents' house for Thanksgiving one year. My dad always said a prayer before the meal and the family was all standing in the kitchen and dining room when he said the prayer. There were quite a few people there. I was standing between the stove and a kitchen island. During the prayer I felt someone put their hands on my shoulders and pass behind me. The hands on the shoulders to me felt like they were just giving me a heads up that they needed to get through. After the prayer ended I looked to me left, which is the direction the person went, and there was only my mom standing to my left. I said "Did you just walk behind me?" and she shook her head "no."

My niece's daughter had died in an accident less than three months prior to that. My niece was at the Thanksgiving dinner that day. I wasn't close to her daughter. If it was her daughter, I don't know why she'd pass behind ME and not her mother. If not her, I don't know who it would have been. But I definitely felt someone squeeze behind me and put their hands on my shoulders.
I'm sorry about your cat that disappeared. You reminded me how my Dad would always say a prayer at the holiday table inviting deceased family to join us. I know that holidays and births and weddings are when many of those kinds of things happen. They don't forget us and all the literature and research on after death communication says they are aware of special moments in the family. If it was your niece she must of wanted to let family know she was there. If her Mom was still grieving really hard, it is easier for them to contact another family member or even a friend. Intense grief can block the connection. That would be my only guess. Thank you for sharing your stories. Loved hearing about them.

Old 02-06-2020, 09:08 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
I'm sorry about your cat that disappeared. You reminded me how my Dad would always say a prayer at the holiday table inviting deceased family to join us. I know that holidays and births and weddings are when many of those kinds of things happen. They don't forget us and all the literature and research on after death communication says they are aware of special moments in the family. If it was your niece she must of wanted to let family know she was there. If her Mom was still grieving really hard, it is easier for them to contact another family member or even a friend. Intense grief can block the connection. That would be my only guess. Thank you for sharing your stories. Loved hearing about them.
My niece was very much still grieving and I did tell her about the experience and we talked about whether it could have been her daughter.

In my original post I said it felt so "weird" when I meant to say it felt so REAL, my cat being on the bed, that I thought she was actually home.

That's interesting that your dad invited deceased family to join you. I've never heard of anyone doing that!

Old 02-07-2020, 07:46 AM

6,945 posts, read 6,869,734 times
Also some people are more open to receiving impressions and other energies which are around. If there s one person who is better at receiving these energies then those are the people who will be used to send messages to the living. Some radio receivers are better at picking up signals than others

Old 02-07-2020, 08:05 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,049,655 times
I have experienced this many times - feeling someone touching my hair on top of my head, or touching my legs on top of the covers when I am in bed. Also felt a cat, one time, it was when I was cat-sitting another cat. I think my late cat was jealous.

In fact, almost my only unexplained experiences have been through touch and smell, rarely vision or hearing.

Old 02-17-2020, 03:51 PM

12,040 posts, read 8,414,540 times
That cat in bed thing is so common it's nuts. I also have a deceased kitty who rubs around my legs during the daytime. Sometimes it's so real that I actually have to look to see what's there.

You might find this article about body memory theory interesting. I definitely think there's something to it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_memory

Old 02-18-2020, 09:09 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times
OK I am going to be "THAT GUY" again that suggests a perfectly natural explanation, I know that's shocking to consider natural before supernatural:

Temperature changes can results in ear lobe pain because it is an extremity and the ear lobe has many small blood vessels. This being winter, it can be expected. This could be what is called "Raynaud's Phenomenon" or "Chilblains".
Also, it might be associated with piercings.

If it increases in intensity or in frequency, you may want to visit a doctor (NOT a witch doctor, but a medical doctor).

Thank you by the way for posting a thread that differs from the topic of Bigfoot.

Old 02-21-2020, 10:04 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Concerning Raynaud's, my doctors have told me to wear good socks, use a heating pad, and turn up the heat. Thanks for nothing. I haven't felt anything touching me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal